Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
    I was entered in USA Hockey Adult Nationals in April (as defending champs). We just got an email last night from USA Hockey announcing that National Championship Tournaments at all levels are cancelled, but regional policy would be determined at the local level.
    NYSAHA cancelled all their tournaments, but they did get the girls in last weekend.
    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-12-2020, 02:17 PM.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      "Only a matter of time before it is cancelled."

Also "only a matter of time" until is has been played and completed.

In all the cancellations that have been made (and I realize it is a bunch), has any national championship been cancelled? Todd Milewski is the Wisconsin State Journal reporter who primarily does UW hockey coverage; On his twitter account, he reports that the UW track coach told him the NCAA indoor track championships will be held this weekend -starting on Friday afternoon - albeit without spectators.

As of now, NCAA wrestling championship, set for the same weekend as women's hockey, still on.
      Considering the NCAA is the only sport left standing, it's going to look really, really bad if they continue and something happens.
      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Considering the NCAA is the only sport left standing, it's going to look really, really bad if they continue and something happens.
        I was wondering if those organizations that do not take "appropriate defensive measures" might be opening themselves up to lawsuits should "something happens". And might that partly explain why we're seeing so many announcements, one after another, the past few days?
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Well, that kinda misses my point.

First "NCAA" isn't a "sport"; it is a number of sports, some of which are holding championships tomorrow, and next week, and ...

Second, of all those other organizations, none I am aware of has yet called off a national championship. Individual conferences have cancelled their conference championships, and professional sports have 'suspended', but not cancelled their season or championship, etc.

I'm keeping my eye on NCAA wrestling, next weekend - the same weekend as women's hockey national championship. If there is any sport being considered here where one's "personal space" becomes an issue. it's gotta be wrestling.

Comment

"Five of the six (men's) conferences have officially canceled their tournaments today amid the growing worldwide coronavirus crisis. The remaining one, the Big Ten, is expected to follow suit shortly.
            Meanwhile, though the NCAA hasn't said anything yet, it's more than like the entire NCAA Tournament will be canceled as well".

You would think the women's tournament will be cancelled as well.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ournaments.php
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              Well, that kinda misses my point.

First "NCAA" isn't a "sport"; it is a number of sports, some of which are holding championships tomorrow, and next week, and ...

Second, of all those other organizations, none I am aware of has yet called off a national championship. Individual conferences have cancelled their conference championships, and professional sports have 'suspended', but not cancelled their season or championship, etc.

I'm keeping my eye on NCAA wrestling, next weekend - the same weekend as women's hockey national championship. If there is any sport being considered here where one's "personal space" becomes an issue. it's gotta be wrestling.
              Oh, for crying out loud, I was being general in my words. Anyone else in the world knew exactly what I meant.

Next weekend? It's all going to be cancelled by this weekend.
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                The rumor is that MLB will suspend spring training and delay the start of the season.
                No longer rumor. Now at least a 2 week delay.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  "Five of the six (men's) conferences have officially canceled their tournaments today amid the growing worldwide coronavirus crisis. The remaining one, the Big Ten, is expected to follow suit shortly.
                  Meanwhile, though the NCAA hasn't said anything yet, it's more than like the entire NCAA Tournament will be canceled as well".

The Boston Pride/Minnesota Whitecaps Championship game at Warrior Arena has been postponed.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post

Now all NCAA winter and spring are cancelled..

Comment

The Governor of Ohio just has a press conference announcing no public gatherings of more than 100 (lets see him enforce that) and all public schools closed for 3 weeks.

Comment

Oh, for crying out loud, I was being general in my words. Anyone else in the world knew exactly what I meant.

Next weekend? It's all going to be cancelled by this weekend.
                        Like I said. By this weekend. Done.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

It's over. UW will be the defending champs for 2 seasons. I think they should have played the games.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            It's over. UW will be the defending champs for 2 seasons. I think they should have played the games.
                            Definitely a shame but playing the games would fly in the face of what medical experts around the world are recommending. Our country needs to put emotions and conveniences aside and all do our best to help prevent the spread of this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                              Definitely a shame but playing the games would fly in the face of what medical experts around the world are recommending. Our country needs to put emotions and conveniences aside and all do our best to help prevent the spread of this thing.
                              State lines aren't closed. People are still freely travelling about the country. I get it for men's BB, but women's hockey could have done it with so few people involved. They could have moved the FF from Boston to some other less infected site like Madison for instance.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                State lines aren't closed. People are still freely travelling about the country. I get it for men's BB, but women's hockey could have done it with so few people involved. They could have moved the FF from Boston to some other less infected site like Madison for instance.
                                One of the main deciders is the schools themselves are shutting down the teams. Duke and Kansas announced they were not allowing their BB team to compete in the NCAAs. Other schools were probably going to follow. Even if the NCAA wanted to continue, their hands were being forced.

P.S. There is a big difference between traveling and congregating.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X