X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Eeyore
    replied
    Re: Coronavirus

The NBA has suspended its season after a member of the Utah Jazz tested positive for Covid-19. I would not be surprised to see more events go from "played without fans" to "suspended or cancelled" in the very near future.

Leave a comment:

• Still Eeyore
    replied

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    What the heck does that decision have to do with a liberal agenda? Seriously?
    Do you mean the actual liberal agenda, or the fantasy liberal agenda Fox talks about?

Leave a comment:

• NUProf
    replied

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
    This is getting fricking ridiculous! Schools are showing how much they follow/promote the liberal agenda!
    What the heck does that decision have to do with a liberal agenda? Seriously?

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Yeah! We are highly influential bloggers on this site. You live in Madison, I'm counting on you to make it happen. I could show up in a service truck from work and pretend to be doing a repair on a door in the building.
    Just claim you're a relative of Clarkson player. I'm hearing 4 tix per player.

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied

https://uwbadgers.com/news/2020/3/11...-audience.aspx

Leave a comment:

• BlackI
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    By the time you have a significant number of cases, it's too late. One of the troubling things about Covid-19 is that you become contagious before you show symptoms, and a lot of people don't ever show symptoms at all. If there are two confirmed positive tests, it's a pretty good bet that there are a bunch more local cases that have not yet been identified.
    Yes, it seems like on average it takes Five days for you to show symptoms. So think of where we are at, imagine an exponential increase in five days, and this is where we will be. Which is scary. Mass had 100 percent increase in cases in one day. People have to insist to their employers they will work from home. If you can’t work from home be strapped with a lot of hand sanitizer and wear a mask. I have seen some wearing masks here in the last day. I think within one week all will wear gloves and masks in public.

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Yeah! We are highly influential bloggers on this site. You live in Madison, I'm counting on you to make it happen. I could show up in a service truck from work and pretend to be doing a repair on a door in the building.
    Not me. We need Arlen, or Grant, or Nicole to make that happen! No question they'll come through... right? :-)

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    . But you're right, sports isn't life and death, much as we try to make it so.
    Watts are you talking about!? Speak for yourself. Some famous old dude said, "Give me hockey or give me death". I subscribe to his thinking.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    I'm wondering where we go to pick up our USCHO credentials, to get in. :-)

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
    Holy crap! No fans for March Madness. Crazy! (But likely the right decision)
    Yes, it's sad that someone's one shining moment has to take place in an empty arena. But you're right, sports isn't life and death, much as we try to make it so.

Leave a comment:

• Offsides Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Christ, shut up, seriously. We all think the other side is stupid. We get it. Let's stick to facts regarding these events in this thread please.

---

The Ivy thing appears to for now only apply to spring sports, however the NCAA announced that all tournament events for all sports are going to be played with no fans: https://twitter.com/marcatracy/statu...38884848852992
    Holy crap! No fans for March Madness. Crazy! (But likely the right decision)

Leave a comment:

• DDad16
    replied

Christ, shut up, seriously. We all think the other side is stupid. We get it. Let's stick to facts regarding these events in this thread please.

---

The Ivy thing appears to for now only apply to spring sports, however the NCAA announced that all tournament events for all sports are going to be played with no fans: https://twitter.com/marcatracy/statu...38884848852992
    There is no crying emoji available, otherwise I would have just posted that. My apologies for offending your delicate sensibilities!

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Looks like we can jump right to the semifinal round:
    Mercyhurst vs. Wisconsin
    Northeastern vs. Minnesota/Ohio State winner
    Clarkson isn't an Ivy, so it wouldn't be bound by an Ivy League decision.

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
    Schools are showing how much they follow/promote the liberal agenda!

---

Leave a comment:

• DDad16
    replied

I think we're on the brink of some big announcements here. The Ivy is cancelling all athletic competition for the academic year. So......

Ema Schumer @emaschumer
    BREAKING NEWS: The @IvyLeague has canceled all athletics practices and competitions for the remainder of the academic year. The presidents of the eight schools unanimously voted in favor of the decision. More to come in @THCSports
    This is getting fricking ridiculous! Schools are showing how much they follow/promote the liberal agenda!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X