• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldDave
    replied
    Re: Coronavirus

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    The NCAA made that the policy throughout all tournaments and championships earlier this afternoon.
    Yup, read that statement but had not seen an official UM statement until I posted. The wife and I fall into the high risk category and had already decided against attending. This way, though, we might get our tickets refunded.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    The NCAA made that the policy throughout all tournaments and championships earlier this afternoon.
    ESPN just predicted all college sports' games will be cancelled after tonight. Just a guess based on the NBA, and Hoiberg looking terrible on the Nebraska bench, but ESPN's announcers get paid for their opinion.

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied
    Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    Maybe we should quarantine this thread for fourteen days.
    Endorse

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
    Gophers also competing without fans: https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...f-043e9ce7c947

Leave a comment:

• 4and20
    replied

I would assume that pertains to commercial travel. Women's hockey and men's basketball, I am sure, travel on charter flights, such that this will likely not apply. But we should know soon; at least by the end of the day.
    Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
    Again, I predict the NCAA will not fund private charter flights.
    Fairly sure UW wouldn't care. (And it is quite possible that NCAA says to a school "here's your flight money, spend it how you want." Cannot imagine them saying "no, we require you to fly commercial.")

I'll see if I can find any photos etc, on the UW Women's team twitter account of their travel last year etc. They love posting photos and videos of the team travelling.

Adding: a video on their instagram of them getting on the plane headed for 2019 Frozen Four. Quite obviously a private, chartered plane; quite obviously not a commercial flight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvP_YVEFPY-/
    When it gets to NCAA Championship events the NCAA has chartered jets to move all the Basketball teams around the country. Hockey teams (Both Men and Women) I know for DIII are moved around with idle jets as available. Any school that wants to travel at a different time than when the jets are available needs to pay the difference which 10+ years ago was $ 30,000 or more.

Leave a comment:

• OldDave
    replied

Gophers also competing without fans: https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...f-043e9ce7c947

Leave a comment:

• Still Eeyore
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Not to get political, but some would say this virus thing is being overplayed by the media whipping us into a mass hysteria to increase the odds that Trump does not get re-elected. Just saying.....
    The best estimates are that the mortality rate for this virus is roughly the same as the 1918 influenza pandemic, although deaths appear to be concentrated in different demographics. It's not being overplayed.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    I'd like to see pokechecker get involved in this thread.

I am devastated I can't go to Labahn one last time this season.

Leave a comment:

• BlackI
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Christ, shut up, seriously. We all think the other side is stupid. We get it. Let's stick to facts regarding these events in this thread please.

---

The Ivy thing appears to for now only apply to spring sports, however the NCAA announced that all tournament events for all sports are going to be played with no fans: https://twitter.com/marcatracy/statu...38884848852992
    Go study this before you take fathers name in vain..

Leave a comment:

• thirdtime's . . .
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sieve1
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Not to get political, but some would say this virus thing is being overplayed by the media whipping us into a mass hysteria to increase the odds that Trump does not get re-elected. Just saying.....
    USA Hockey cancelled all Nationals & disabled festival

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    What the heck does that decision have to do with a liberal agenda? Seriously?

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    or the fantasy liberal agenda Fox talks about?
    So the other poster was chastized for this this type of post. Think you should be as well. Stick to the topic.

Leave a comment:

• Offsides Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
    This is getting fricking ridiculous! Schools are showing how much they follow/promote the liberal agenda!
    I think you stumbled into the wrong forum. You’re looking for the Area 51 forum.

Leave a comment:

• Still Eeyore
    replied

The NBA has suspended its season after a member of the Utah Jazz tested positive for Covid-19. I would not be surprised to see more events go from "played without fans" to "suspended or cancelled" in the very near future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X