X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2D
    replied
    Re: Coronavirus

"Five of the six (men's) conferences have officially canceled their tournaments today amid the growing worldwide coronavirus crisis. The remaining one, the Big Ten, is expected to follow suit shortly.
    Meanwhile, though the NCAA hasn't said anything yet, it's more than like the entire NCAA Tournament will be canceled as well".

You would think the women's tournament will be cancelled as well.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ournaments.php

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Considering the NCAA is the only sport left standing, it's going to look really, really bad if they continue and something happens.
    Well, that kinda misses my point.

First "NCAA" isn't a "sport"; it is a number of sports, some of which are holding championships tomorrow, and next week, and ...

Second, of all those other organizations, none I am aware of has yet called off a national championship. Individual conferences have cancelled their conference championships, and professional sports have 'suspended', but not cancelled their season or championship, etc.

I'm keeping my eye on NCAA wrestling, next weekend - the same weekend as women's hockey national championship. If there is any sport being considered here where one's "personal space" becomes an issue. it's gotta be wrestling.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Considering the NCAA is the only sport left standing, it's going to look really, really bad if they continue and something happens.
    I was wondering if those organizations that do not take "appropriate defensive measures" might be opening themselves up to lawsuits should "something happens". And might that partly explain why we're seeing so many announcements, one after another, the past few days?

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    "Only a matter of time before it is cancelled."

Also "only a matter of time" until is has been played and completed.

In all the cancellations that have been made (and I realize it is a bunch), has any national championship been cancelled? Todd Milewski is the Wisconsin State Journal reporter who primarily does UW hockey coverage; On his twitter account, he reports that the UW track coach told him the NCAA indoor track championships will be held this weekend -starting on Friday afternoon - albeit without spectators.

As of now, NCAA wrestling championship, set for the same weekend as women's hockey, still on.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
    I was entered in USA Hockey Adult Nationals in April (as defending champs). We just got an email last night from USA Hockey announcing that National Championship Tournaments at all levels are cancelled, but regional policy would be determined at the local level.
    NYSAHA cancelled all their tournaments, but they did get the girls in last weekend.
    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-12-2020, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied

The rumor is that MLB will suspend spring training and delay the start of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Hockey East cancelled.

NASCAR says they will go on with no fans for this week and next week.
    And now the Big East game was called at halftime.

NHL on hiatus.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

This is the link I had mentioned. I have no idea about the validity of the numbers but the notated sources seem legit.

https://t.co/4AOgVG3ekh?amp=1

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied

Hockey East cancelled.

NASCAR says they will go on with no fans for this week and next week.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    [QUOTE=Offsides Guy;6922078]
    Originally posted by Reddington View Post

WCHA Men's Hockey just cancelled the remainder of their postseason tournament.
    RPI just cancelled spring sports and men's hockey is done.
    The tell will be the afternoon games for the Big East basketball tournament. Right now they are only conference playing.

Leave a comment:

• Offsides Guy
    replied

[QUOTE=Reddington;6922045]
    Originally posted by slapshot willy View Post
    So pro sports in USA and Europe suspended or cancelled for season. Men’s sec, acc, big ten, big 12, pac-12 basketball cancelled. NHL to make a decision later today but a hunch is suspend or cancel.
    But they’re still holding men’s and women’s NCAA tourney hockey this weekend with limited fans ie family?
    So confusing with all these decisions being made.[/QUOTE

Only a matter of time before it is cancelled.
    WCHA Men's Hockey just cancelled the remainder of their postseason tournament.

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied

"Only a matter of time before it is cancelled."

Also "only a matter of time" until is has been played and completed.

In all the cancellations that have been made (and I realize it is a bunch), has any national championship been cancelled? Todd Milewski is the Wisconsin State Journal reporter who primarily does UW hockey coverage; On his twitter account, he reports that the UW track coach told him the NCAA indoor track championships will be held this weekend -starting on Friday afternoon - albeit without spectators.

As of now, NCAA wrestling championship, set for the same weekend as women's hockey, still on.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    [QUOTE=slapshot willy;6922019]So pro sports in USA and Europe suspended or cancelled for season. Men’s sec, acc, big ten, big 12, pac-12 basketball cancelled. NHL to make a decision later today but a hunch is suspend or cancel.
    But they’re still holding men’s and women’s NCAA tourney hockey this weekend with limited fans ie family?
    So confusing with all these decisions being made.[/QUOTE

Only a matter of time before it is cancelled.

Leave a comment:

• slapshot willy
    replied

So pro sports in USA and Europe suspended or cancelled for season. Men’s sec, acc, big ten, big 12, pac-12 basketball cancelled. NHL to make a decision later today but a hunch is suspend or cancel.
    So confusing with all these decisions being made.

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    This weekend's NASCAR race (outdoor event) was just postponed.
    I had just heard Homestead (next weekend, not this weekend) -- and they were still considering holding it without fans. Atlanta this weekend I haven't heard anything about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X