Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Coronavirus

    Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    If college football does not happen, then hockey is not happening.
    Maybe that will be the case, but the two play out in very different timeframes. College football's regular season ends in November; hockey's regular season ends three months later. It is conceivable that sports like basketball and hockey could have some sort of a second-semester-only season.

    It isn't like there are a lot of precedents for what we are living through now. Look how the message from the POTUS changes from week to week. Anyone who claims to know what is going to happen nine months from now with any certainty is just guessing.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

    Comment


    • Re: Coronavirus

      Originally posted by Reddington View Post
      I think I will listen to the Chinese guy.
      Might be a good idea, if your going to wear a mask, to not wear one made in China...

      https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52092395
      “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Might be a good idea, if your going to wear a mask, to not wear one made in China...

        https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52092395
        Thanks for sharing the link.

        Comment


        • Re: Coronavirus

          Whistling past the graveyard?

          https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/s...?smid=em-share

          Comment


          • Re: Coronavirus

            For those that are interested, the US Government's analysis of Covid-19 going forward is at: https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
            If you click on the US of A box at the top, you can see the projections state by state. IIRC, this is based on aggressive measures like shelter in place to mitigate the worst effects.

            Also of interest to me was the Reuters analysis of the events in S Korea, which is at: https://graphics.reuters.com/CHINA-H...3SB/index.html. Despite aggressive testing done in an effort to control the virus, Patient 31 pretty much undid everything all by herself.

            I'm done with Covid-19 for today. It's nice enough to work in the yard, which is where you can find me if you want.

            Comment


            • Re: Coronavirus

              Here is an excellent site that I have been referring to for the last few weeks from Johns Hopkins University.

              Click on the tabs under the windows for more views of useful information.

              Click and drag to move the map around.

              And scroll in and out to view smaller communities...click on the red dots for up to date information...and it is constantly updated frequently.

              https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

              Comment


              • Re: Coronavirus

                Even if you can’t share the NCAA’S blithe assumption that there will be something recognizable as “college” next spring, together with beach volleyball scholarships, you can still distract yourself with what ifs? For instance, what if a NEWHA autobid runs the table in 2030? In any case, east coast baseball fans will get a kick out of the new A.D. in this piece, the colorful distracter-in-chief himself, Bobby Valentine. A few short weeks ago this would have been a feel good story about the growth of the women’s game.


                https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/s...?smid=em-share
                Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 04-01-2020, 11:23 AM.

                Comment


                • Re: Coronavirus

                  Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                  Even if you can’t share the NCAA’S blithe assumption that there will be something recognizable as “college” next spring, together with beach volleyball scholarships, you can still distract yourself with what ifs? For instance, what if a NEWHA autobid runs the table in 2030? In any case, east coast baseball fans will get a kick out of the new A.D. in this piece, the colorful distracter-in-chief himself, Bobby Valentine. A few short weeks ago this would have been a feel good story about the growth of the women’s game.


                  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/s...?smid=em-share
                  Valentine has been in that position for a few years now. And has done a very good job for Sacred Heart.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

                  Comment


                  • Re: Coronavirus

                    https://t.co/4AOgVG3ekh?amp=1

                    Looks like it's flattening a bit. Here in small town WI people when in public places like grocery stores don't seem to concerned about things....bringing kids grocery shopping, no gloves or masks, HS aged kids running around the store. It's all pretty dumb and irresponsible.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      https://t.co/4AOgVG3ekh?amp=1

                      Looks like it's flattening a bit. Here in small town WI people when in public places like grocery stores don't seem to concerned about things....bringing kids grocery shopping, no gloves or masks, HS aged kids running around the store. It's all pretty dumb and irresponsible.
                      In New York State children are not allowed in stores and only one person from each family.


                      "FEAR THE BIRD!"

                      Comment


                      • Re: Coronavirus

                        Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                        In New York State children are not allowed in stores and only one person from each family.
                        It should be that way everywhere. Menards has banned kids under 16.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                        Comment


                        • Re: Coronavirus

                          The crisis is getting really bad in the US.

                          Did you hear?

                          Exxon and Mobil had to lay off 25 congressmen.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Coronavirus

                            Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                            The crisis is getting really bad in the US.

                            Did you hear?

                            Exxon and Mobil had to lay off 25 congressmen.
                            HAHA. It's funny that low gas prices are awesome for our pocketbooks but bad for our 401K's. I never dreamt cheap gas would be the considered a bad thing. When we took the kids to Yellowstone, or tried to before our van broke down, gas was like $4.50 a gallon back then.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                            Comment


                            • Re: Coronavirus

                              Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              https://t.co/4AOgVG3ekh?amp=1Here in small town WI people when in public places like grocery stores don't seem to concerned about things....bringing kids grocery shopping, no gloves or masks, HS aged kids running around the store. It's all pretty dumb and irresponsible.
                              Maybe you should report them to the "authorities" so they can be arrested for their so called irresponsibility...
                              “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

                              Comment


                              • Re: Coronavirus

                                For fans of Hayley Wickenheiser and for fans who like to see the women's game in the headlines:

                                https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/s...?smid=em-share

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X