Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2D
    replied
    Here in the Twin Cities this weekend 40 different teams from across the country managed to play 83 games in the NIT Tournament at four rinks. Hopefully all participants are well.
    http://www.hselitehockey.com/stats#/...rnament_id=707

A stark contrast from all the D3 leagues apparently being cancelled for the entire season.

Leave a comment:

• Scott_TG
    replied
    Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
    Just heard the NESCAC, SUNYAC, and NEWHL all canceled seasons... ???
    The NESCAC canceled a week or two ago. Today the SUNYAC announced their cancellation and the five SUNYAC members with teams in the NEWHL announced their women's teams won't play either. Technically Morrisville and Canton could compete in women's hockey but I doubt they'll manage to fill a full schedule on such short notice.

Leave a comment:

• DDad16
    replied
    Just heard the NESCAC, SUNYAC, and NEWHL all canceled seasons... ???

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    The Corona crew is back to work after their quarantine.

One of our Pastors' daughter got it, so he had quarantine for 14 days. Then his wife got it 4 days later, so that tacked on another 4 days to his quarantine. He tested negative.

Leave a comment:

• Offsides Guy
    replied
    I give up. You’ve gone down too many rabbit holes for me to respond to and clearly believe many, many individuals, companies and agencies are conspiring to create an imaginary pandemic for a variety of reasons. Just, please, wear a mask, keep your distance and wash your hands.

Leave a comment:

• Blackbeard
    replied
    Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post

You are correct I have an emotional stake in this. Like everyone else, this pandemic has turned the lives of my family upside down and caused endless amounts of concern and stress brought on by the changes in our daily routine. I have kids in college who are have classes completely online or meeting in gyms so they can spread out. I haven't been able to go back to my office since March. My 80+ year old mother and in-laws have lost much of their social lives for the last several months. This list for us (and most people) goes on and on. So forgive me but when one of your first links is to a story that opens with "An International Group of Lawyers Have Brought a Lawsuit that the Covid Pandemic Is an Orchestrated Hoax in Behalf of Pharmaceutical Profits and Police State Control", I immediately get frustrated with you for wasting everyone's time and, even worse, spreading information that will do nothing but undermine people's trust of serious experts trying to get this country out of this mess. Any other information included in your post, for me, is immediately invalidated by the above article because the mere fact that you thought that article was worth sharing "for consideration" puts you in a category of people I don't want to hear from on this topic. It's as if you posted a link to a flat earth article; I don't trust anything said after someone circulates such nonsense.

This is serious sh**. Wasting time on conspiracy theories rather than doing and supporting things that actually may help, to me, is simply irresponsible and uncaring of your fellow citizens. If all these people who spend so much energy battling against wearing masks and social distancing would just suck it up and do those things, this would be under control much sooner than later.
    But did you watch the video or did you just read the title and assume you knew what it was all about and started lighting up your flame thrower? If you can't control your understandable frustration how are you ever going to be able to educate yourself with facts?...and I say this with all due respect.

I'm assuming from what you have said that you didn't even watch the video. They didn't say that the virus doesn't exist. What they said was that a viral pandemic doesn't exist but a testing pandemic does...and this one lawyer (who, I believe has dual citizenship...German/American) explains their case in a very logical and rational manner...exposing the truths that they have apparently uncovered...for anyone who is interested in the truth...instead of believing fiction. But you'd have to want to know the truth badly enough to spend time checking things like this out. But therein lies a huge part of the problem...there are too many people who don't think for themselves/investigate...they just follow orders. I'm not saying that you are one of them...you may or may not be...I don't know.

Did you watch the second video with the doctors who held a press conference outside of Congress a couple of months ago? If not, I strongly recommend that you watch that as well as long as you have any interest in finding out what is really going on. If not, you will be wasting your time. Maybe your beliefs are so entrenched that you have no interest in facts. I have the same choices and prefer to search for the truth as opposed to living in a government induced suspended animation fairy tale. But that's just me.

I never said that this was not serious. I have concluded since back in February because of information that I read that it is just not nearly as bad as we are and have been lead to believe. If you have been paying attention you know that the authorities have mostly been making this stuff up as they go and acting out of fear. That's a great plan.

And using a cheap and discredited phrase like conspiracy theories is pretty disappointing. Of course, you must be aware that anyone who calls someone else a conspiracy theorist must by definition be a coincidence theorist. Just trying to shine the light on both sides of the ledger.

I'll leave you with a couple more facts...not opinions...for your consideration.

As far back as February I was reading accounts of doctors in Europe (I think it was France among other countries) who were screaming from the rooftops that there is a very effective treatment...hydroxychloroquine. But they kept saying that it has to be administered early...if not, it doesn't do much good. From reading a lot of related information I concluded that there are several specific reasons why hydroxychloroquine doesn't work...at least "doesn't work" according to Fauci.

The reasons are that it has 60-70 year world wide tack record as being safe, it is effective, it is readily available and it is extremely inexpensive.

That's why it "doesn't work".

One of the European medical professionals that I alluded to earlier who has been shouting their praises for hydroxychloroquine from the rooftops since February has greater credentials that Fauci.

Do you think Fauci is unaware of all this? He was the head of the NIH back in 2002, I believe it was, when they officially declared hydroxychloroquine safe. So, how can it be that he is now telling everyone who will listen that it is unsafe...in addition to its not working? And he just points to studies where people with the virus who were in the late stages of its progression were given hydroxychloroquine and claims that it didn't work. Because it didn't...because they were given it too late.

Do you really think Fauci is that uninformed or ignorant? If so, what is he doing in the position that he occupies? And if you are not aware of any of this you might want to ask yourself why you aren't.

The guiding principal of the medical profession is to Cause No Harm.

I shouldn't have been, but I was shocked when I discovered back in February that a major part of the funding for the WHO and the CDC comes from the multinational pharmaceutical companies. Gee, what could go wrong?

Back in March I saw the head of the CDC addressing the US medical profession imploring them to follow these instructions: if you have a patient who has COVID-19 and they die...regardless of any comorbidities that they have that you suspect caused their death...place the cause of death in the COVID-19 column because we'll get more money from the government. How unbelievably irresponsible...possibly even criminal...again...what could go wrong?

Lastly, giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that you actually are interested in knowing the facts (or at least some of them) on this topic, here's an article you might be interested in.

It's an effort put forth by 7,487 doctors (to date) in their effort to end their being silenced by governments and the media with respect to getting as much truth/facts out to the citizens of this planet as possible regarding COVID-19. It is similar to the second video that I previously posted with the doctors giving the press conference outside of Congress.

Hopefully, you are not going to tell me that you think you know more that 7,487 doctors. If you do, all the power to you. I would then just ask, why are you wasting your time on a womens' hockey website?

Only facts can guide the way...fact free opinions and hysteria don't cut it. They only make a bad situation worse which I know is important to you since that is what you have accused me of doing.

Here you go: https://worlddoctorsalliance.com/

Last edited by Blackbeard; 10-18-2020, 03:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TinyViking
    replied

This is serious sh**. Wasting time on conspiracy theories rather than doing and supporting things that actually may help, to me, is simply irresponsible and uncaring of your fellow citizens. If all these people who spend so much energy battling against wearing masks and social distancing would just suck it up and do those things, this would be under control much sooner than later.
    I work in healthcare and have been watching my colleagues and clients deal with COVID surges. It's ugly and DEFINITELY real. I'm with OG.

Leave a comment:

• Offsides Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Did you watch the initial video that I posted? I made my thinking clear with my comments about it. That and the second one with the doctors giving the press conference outside of Congress were the two more important ones in my opinion. I'd be interested in your comments on both of those.

But to fly off the handle and attack the messenger like you and Nowheresville have done...two usually level headed people, causes me to wonder what emotional (or other) stake you have in this topic that would cause such responses.

Anyway, I would be interested in his comments on the first two as well...if he sees fit. And yes...always question...including this stuff.
    You are correct I have an emotional stake in this. Like everyone else, this pandemic has turned the lives of my family upside down and caused endless amounts of concern and stress brought on by the changes in our daily routine. I have kids in college who are have classes completely online or meeting in gyms so they can spread out. I haven't been able to go back to my office since March. My 80+ year old mother and in-laws have lost much of their social lives for the last several months. This list for us (and most people) goes on and on. So forgive me but when one of your first links is to a story that opens with "An International Group of Lawyers Have Brought a Lawsuit that the Covid Pandemic Is an Orchestrated Hoax in Behalf of Pharmaceutical Profits and Police State Control", I immediately get frustrated with you for wasting everyone's time and, even worse, spreading information that will do nothing but undermine people's trust of serious experts trying to get this country out of this mess. Any other information included in your post, for me, is immediately invalidated by the above article because the mere fact that you thought that article was worth sharing "for consideration" puts you in a category of people I don't want to hear from on this topic. It's as if you posted a link to a flat earth article; I don't trust anything said after someone circulates such nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• Blackbeard
    replied

I'm probably going to regret going down this QAnon-like rabbit hole with you but I can't let your nonsense go uncommented on. NO, wearing a mask does not cause brain damage. If that were the case, a very high percentage of the world's Asian population - where mask wearing is almost the social norm - would be in bad shape. YES, wearing a mask is effective if you're talking about limiting the distance a person's breath can travel when speaking, coughing, sneezing, etc. That's just obvious common sense and is obviously helpful in preventing the spread of COVID (or any other airborne virus). NO, not just sick people should wear masks. As we all know, what makes COVID especially difficult to stop is that asymptomatic people can spread the disease. Essentially, everyone needs to assume they have it and act accordingly until we get it under control with more mask wearing, safe distancing and vaccines.

Lastly, the only thing I question is your lack of concern for others if you're following the advice you're spewing. Suck it up, cupcake. I'm sure you can make the small and relatively short-term sacrifice of wearing a mask to help prevent the spread of this virus. Your other option is to keep spouting this nonsense and (I assume) not wear a mask in which case, congratulations, you will have personally contributed to dragging out these difficult times even longer for your fellow countrymen.
    I provided some information, for those who might be interested, to consider. Some of it may be nonsense, (the last two?), I don't know.

Would you rather have information that you can consider and dispense with it if you see fit or take the naive approach and just believe everything that you are told by the so called authorities? The naive approach usually doesn't work out very well.

The problem with some of your comments, as well intended as they might be, apart from your wasting no time in attacking me for providing information for consideration, is that they are just your opinion. For example, I have seen visual scientific tests that prove that these paper masks that seem all the rage don't work. Never mind the possible issues with the they are made with...but the bigger problem seems to be that they don't fit well enough to stop the vapour/aerosol from easily escaping out the top, bottom and both sides. If they are that great why were N95 masks ever developed? And I have seen a scientific study that even claimed the N95 masks weren't entirely foolproof. They are called "95" for a reason.

Did you watch the initial video that I posted? I made my thinking clear with my comments about it. That and the second one with the doctors giving the press conference outside of Congress were the two more important ones in my opinion. I'd be interested in your comments on both of those.

But to fly off the handle and attack the messenger like you and Nowheresville have done...two usually level headed people, causes me to wonder what emotional (or other) stake you have in this topic that would cause such responses.

Anyway, I would be interested in his comments on the first two as well...if he sees fit. And yes...always question...including this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Nowheresville
    replied
    Ever notice how the people who say things like "always question" are the first people to believe and spread massive amounts of bull**** that doesn't hold up to even the slightest bit of questioning?

Leave a comment:

• OldDave
    replied
    Images from the weekend:

My brother and his wife passed through the Twin Cities this past weekend on their way to their Arizona winter home. My wife and I joined them for an outdoor meal at my sister's house in St. Paul, masked and socially distancing. My sister and her daughter (who was there) both work with C19 patients. At one point I noticed that my niece had a haunted look on her face, so I asked her if she was okay. She shrugged and said "I've seen too many people die". She's only 22.

This past weekend had a lot of high school football games, and one of the images I noticed was a band member playing a horn through his mask. That mask would fail the candle test. What's the candle test? It's a way to test the effectiveness of your mask. Go indoors and light a candle. Put on your mask and try to blow the candle out. If you succeed, the mask is useless and you should maintain a 30' social distance. If the candle gutters but does not go out, your mask is almost useless and you should maintain a 20' distance. If the candle flickers, the mask is okay for a 10" distance. If the candle doesn't do anything, your mask is very good and you and those around you are safe at a 6' distance.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Isn't the be all end all to lock every person down for 2 weeks, maybe 3 to be sure? Healthcare workers would be the only exception. The gov could shell out some money to help pay the bills for the common man. That would be way less painful than than what we are doing now. No one can enter the country without a negative test that is no more than 48 hrs old.

As far as Blackbeard's stuff goes......

The common person isn't wearing a mask enough to cause brain damage. I wear it on average an hour or so a day and it's on and off many times. Some days I don't have to wear it at all.

The mask thing was an evolution of the knowledge gained over how to deal with this. Yes people can get it when wearing a mask if they don't distance themselves and wash wash wash their hands. A mask is a part of an overall solution.

Leave a comment:

• Offsides Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    As was known at the beginning of this year...masks below N95 don't work...How can people think that that scientific fact miraculously changed overnight just because N95 masks disappeared from the supply chain?

But there is a lot more to the hysteria of the mask issue...always question...
    I'm probably going to regret going down this QAnon-like rabbit hole with you but I can't let your nonsense go uncommented on. NO, wearing a mask does not cause brain damage. If that were the case, a very high percentage of the world's Asian population - where mask wearing is almost the social norm - would be in bad shape. YES, wearing a mask is effective if you're talking about limiting the distance a person's breath can travel when speaking, coughing, sneezing, etc. That's just obvious common sense and is obviously helpful in preventing the spread of COVID (or any other airborne virus). NO, not just sick people should wear masks. As we all know, what makes COVID especially difficult to stop is that asymptomatic people can spread the disease. Essentially, everyone needs to assume they have it and act accordingly until we get it under control with more mask wearing, safe distancing and vaccines.

Lastly, the only thing I question is your lack of concern for others if you're following the advice you're spewing. Suck it up, cupcake. I'm sure you can make the small and relatively short-term sacrifice of wearing a mask to help prevent the spread of this virus. Your other option is to keep spouting this nonsense and (I assume) not wear a mask in which case, congratulations, you will have personally contributed to dragging out these difficult times even longer for your fellow countrymen.

Leave a comment:

• Blackbeard
    replied
    As was known at the beginning of this year...masks below N95 don't work...How can people think that that scientific fact miraculously changed overnight just because N95 masks disappeared from the supply chain?

But there is a lot more to the hysteria of the mask issue...always question...

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/202...is-our-future/

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/12...aign=ACTENGAGE

https://healthandmoneynews.wordpress...t-be-reversed/

https://www.globalresearch.ca/medica...earing/5725848

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    It's at my workplace, a small construction trade company of 25 employees. some office and some in the field doing work. 3 positives (1 office and 2 field guys), 2 negatives (including me), and a bunch of idiots (both pro and anti Trumpers) who think it's still a joke and won't get tested and won't wear masks. The Owner/Boss has taken an extremely soft approach on this deal. This whole situation is hopeless.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X