Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Penn State takes game one by a score of 3-0, with Natalie Heising scoring a third period empty net goal to start the season with a two-goal game. The scoreboard said shots on goal were 38-21 for Penn State. These freshman forwards are a good-looking bunch, and so quick to move the puck and to move with the puck. Freshman goalie Josie Bothun starts her D-1 career with a shutout and had some nice saves in the game. Like any "first game of the season", there's a little tightening up to do, but overall Penn State looked better as the game went on and had a really good showing today. The lasting impression for me was the play of the freshman forwards - they lived up to their hype. Game time tomorrow is at 2:00 Eastern again, and on the same LionVision stream.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    After two, Penn State is up 2-0 on a Natalie Heising power play goal. Penn State leads the shots on goal 26-16, and they looked a lot better in that period. These young freshmen forwards are a quick bunch, good skaters and good puck handlers. There's no free pass through the neutral zone, either, and it's giving Lindenwood a headache getting much set up. Really, the only real thing that looks like it's missing is a bit of chemistry, but that will come with more time. It's kind of weird seeing Rene Gangarosa out there as a forward rather than her usual spot on defense, but she's a very offensive defender, so it works. Her 50-foot reach is nice, too.

It looks like a very short bench, too, for whatever reason. Maybe that's virus-related or something. Also, Cam Leonard is suited up in her goalie gear but sitting outside the bench. Strange times.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    After one period, it's Penn State up 1-0 on a goal from freshman Carrie Byrnes. Lindenwood leads the shots on goal 9-6, but freshman goalie Josie Bothun has stopped everything. She looks good in net so far - not all 9 shots were easy saves, and a few had me wondering how she even saw them. Both teams are a little choppy, understandably, but not a bad period of hockey. Freshman Kiara Zanon is a really good skater, but I haven't been able to figure out who's who among the rest of the freshmen yet. I didn't see Jenna Brenneman even dressed on the bench or the pregame huddle at the net, so maybe she hasn't healed as well as expected...who knows? Or maybe I just didn't see her.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Whoa...freshman Josie Bothun is starting in net, not Jenna Brenneman!

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    A small roster hint: all the single digit players are freshmen (and up to #11). It's going to take some watching to figure out this season's lineup, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Finally, Penn State has corrected the live stream notice, and the game will be streamed here: https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=895&type=Live

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    It's game day (2:00 Eastern), and Penn State is still putting out links to BTN+ streaming coverage on the GoPSU site and their Twitter account, but there isn't any BTN+ video for either game. Neither game is on the BTN+ schedule, so it's not looking like anyone is doing video. I wish Penn State had figured this out earlier and set something up themselves.

Leave a comment:

• zambonidriver
    replied
    Regards to Streaming. On Sunday there will be a link to the game on the womens hockey twitter account. Also on the womens hockey website. Parents can watch in Person.

Leave a comment:

• KTDC
    replied
    Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    I walked into my favorite restaurant last weekend and half the staff was gone. There were a lot of new faces and things didn't run as smooth as normal. I know there is a pandemic, but the world is unforgiving. I hope they can stay in business because I enjoy going there and yet I have seen this story before many times over the years.

Have A Happy Thanksgiving Zed.
    Best wishes, have a Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for your posts!

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    I walked into my favorite restaurant last weekend and half the staff was gone. There were a lot of new faces and things didn't run as smooth as normal. I know there is a pandemic, but the world is unforgiving. I hope they can stay in business because I enjoy going there and yet I have seen this story before many times over the years.

Have A Happy Thanksgiving Zed.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    Lion Vision?
    I wish, but I doubt it. The only school media I know is going to the game is The Daily Collegian, but that's just going to be a game recap article, and (like probably every fan) I want to see video. Too bad there's not some shmuck with a camera who's more than willing to go sit up top and shoot some video highlights if they would let him...oh, wait.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    Lion Vision?

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    This is the email I got from BTN+ about this weekend's series against Lindenwood:

"Thank you for contacting BTN+ support.

Penn State Womens Hockey is not available on the schedule at this time for Nov 29-30. These events would not be available through BTN+.

If you need further assistance please let us know."

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by phillydog View Post
    https://gopsusports.com/sports/womens-ice-hockey/roster

Interesting 1920-21 roster as currently posted. Quite different from when I last looked in early October. Freshman Carrie Byrnes has been added. Mikayla Lantto, Morgan Rolph, Katie Rankin, Chantal Burke no longer rostered.
    Good lord...three more seniors gone? That leaves Natalie Heising and Jenna Brenneman as the last two seniors on the team, and only Heising left in her class (Brenneman being a fifth-year senior, and Cam Leonard being a redshirt junior). Now the freshmen will definitely be on the clock, as there are six freshman forwards, and only two sophomores, one junior, and one senior. The defense losing Morgan Rolph in her senior season is a big hit, but otherwise they remain the same as last season, with the exception being that Jessica Adolfsson is back in the mix, so that kind of equals things out for this solid defense.

The two freshman goalies just saw their stock rise, with Chantal Burke off the roster now (ouch). If one of them can edge out redshirt junior Cam Leonard, she will be the backup goalie.

Leave a comment:

• phillydog
    replied
    https://gopsusports.com/sports/womens-ice-hockey/roster

Interesting 1920-21 roster as currently posted. Quite different from when I last looked in early October. Freshman Carrie Byrnes has been added. Mikayla Lantto, Morgan Rolph, Katie Rankin, Chantal Burke no longer rostered.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X