Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    After two it's Penn State up 4-2 on a goal from Alyssa Machado, and two goals from Mercyhurst's Summer Rae Dobson. Penn State leads the shots on goal 21-18. Mercyhurst had a little quicker step than Penn State in that period, especially the second half. Josie Bothun didn't have a chance on the second goal, as it was a big scrum in front of the net on a penalty kill. Penn State didn't look bad - Mercyhurst just looked more determined in that period, and you know they're coming out for the third period ready for more.

Leave a comment:

• phillydog
    replied
    I see that Natalie Heising is a healthy scratch for the 3rd consecutive game. She going to be back on the ice anytime soon?

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    After one period it's 3-0 Penn State over Mercyhurst, on two goals from Kiara Zanon and one from Amy Dobson. Penn State leads the shots on goal 11-8. Mercyhurst took two penalties and Penn State took one. Mercyhurst came out blazing fast, and looked more like Penn State than Penn State did, but Penn State took advantage of some choppy play to score some goals. I've been wanting to say this all season: Penn State defender Mallory Uihlein is sooooooo slow to the puck it's scary. When anyone else would step up and get the puck, she sits back and waits for it, and it never works. There, I said it.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Freshman goalie Josie Bothun has been named a finalist for the HCA Women's Goaltender Of The Year award:

https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/2/...-the-year.aspx

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
    From what I see the standings are set. Even if Mercyhurst sweeps, they won't have enough victories in the win column to tie RMU, though they would be tied in the Loss column.
    That means the first round of the CHA tournament would be Mercyhurst vs RIT, and Syracuse vs Lindenwood. Going out on a pretty fat limb, the semifinals should be Penn State vs Syracuse, and Robert Morris vs Mercyhurst. Man, the semifinals are going to be brutal.

A little birdie told me the girls are highly motivated to make a statement this weekend. I guess there has been some smack on snapchat. So we shall see.
    No fair not including the snapchat smack talk!

Leave a comment:

• zambonidriver
    replied
    From what I see The standings are set. Even if Mercyhurst sweeps they won't have enough victories in the win column to tie RMU. Though they would be tied in the Loss column.
    A little birdie told me the girls are highly motivated to make a statement this weekendI guess there has been some smack on snapchat. So we shall see.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Other than Penn State being the regular season champ, I have no idea how the rest of the CHA shakes out, or if this final weekend has any bearing for any team. Last I heard, the CHA is going to call the final standings according to win percentage rather than points. I can't look at current win percentages and figure out if this weekend matters to anyone, or if the final standings can change from where they are right now. Can Robert Morris and Mercyhurst swap places with wins this weekend? I don't think Syracuse is close enough to bump Mercyhurst with a good weekend, so maybe the only real battling teams are Robert Morris and Mercyhurst fighting for position in the CHA tournament. It's the final regular season weekend in the CHA - no wonder things aren't settled yet.

Leave a comment:

• phillydog
    replied
    Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post

Good for her! Does anyone know more about her story and what got her to Penn State? Was she recruited anywhere else?

The Daily Collegian did a write-up ahead of this weekend's series at Mercyhurst: https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...218acefb4.html
    I think she was headed to Brown initially.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    Liked the Byrnes story! Zanon being a finalist is super for Penn State.

Leave a comment:

• phillydog
    replied
    Congrats to Kiara Zanon on being named as one of the finalists for the Patty Kazmaier Award.

Ten Finalists Named for 2021 Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
    Good for her! Does anyone know more about her story and what got her to Penn State? Was she recruited anywhere else?

The Daily Collegian did a write-up ahead of this weekend's series at Mercyhurst: https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...218acefb4.html

Leave a comment:

• zambonidriver
    replied
    Awesome story https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/2/...portunity.aspx

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    A quick video chat with freshman forward Kiara Zanon: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...44975102775296

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied
    Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    It's always scary when you're getting ready to play Mercyhurst and Mike Sisti thinks they're peaking.
    The good news is that the peaks aren't as high as they once were. I was surprised that last year was the only season since 2013-14 that the Lakers have averaged over 3.0 goals per game. They used to always be able to score.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    Mercyhurst is definitely not a cupcake . I listened to their coach when talking about Bouchard and he says they are getting better at the right time.
    It's always scary when you're getting ready to play Mercyhurst and Mike Sisti thinks they're peaking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X