Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spwood
    replied
    Valiant effort.... great season, ladies! Sad for it to end this way for the seniors, but the younger ladies have something to build on....

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by spwood View Post
    I see the power plays are four for Syracuse and none for Penn State.... anyone watching the feed care to comment on the officiating?
    I missed the first half of the first period, but since then I've seen one good call against Penn State, and missed calls on Syracuse that should have been whistled. Like the announcers have said, that's eight minutes taking Penn State out of their game and making them play defense. Now they're on their heels and they don't look ready to get back into it.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    After two, it's Syracuse up 3-0 on a Penn State team that looks awful. Penn State now has four penalties in the game and none for Syracuse, but I'll bite my tongue on the balance of whistles from this ref crew. Penn State really needed to play a first round game yesterday instead of getting a bye, because they don't look anything like the team that won the regular season. The hustle isn't there, the puck handling isn't there, Syracuse has turned the neutral zone into a brick wall on them...Kiara Zanon has a grand total of one shot on goal. Passes aren't connecting, the physical game they play isn't there (maybe scared of a whistle now)...on and on. The semifinal Syracuse curse is in full effect.

Leave a comment:

• spwood
    replied
    What the heck is going on? Unless the ladies snap out of it, this is going to be a bitter end to this season. 20 minutes to save their season as I really can't see the NCAA putting two CHA teams in the NCAA tourney...

I see the power plays are four for Syracuse and none for Penn State.... anyone watching the feed care to comment on the officiating?
    Last edited by spwood; 03-05-2021, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    It was Beishuzen’s first goal of the year as well. A big one.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    After the first period, it's Syracuse up 1-0 on Penn State, on the weirdest late goal I've seen all year. It was a standard slapshot from above the circle with no traffic at all, easy stuff for Josie Bothun and she had it read, but Mallory Uihlein put a skate out to block it and it took a high flight over Bothun. But it went in, so it counts, and Syracuse got a gift. Syracuse is up on shots on goal 14-11, they took no penalties, and Penn State took two.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Disappointing first round games outcomes from a “good game” perspective. I noticed RIT only listed 12 skaters again. Really tough way to compete. Looking forward to today!
    I watched as much as I could take of the Syracuse vs Lindenwood game, hoping Lindenwood had some game in them, but it was about as predictable as the Robert Morris vs RIT game. No real surprises yesterday in either one. Today's matchups should be some really good hockey. I'll be watching the Mercyhurst vs Robert Morris game tonight - that one is going to be a battle, and what a classic matchup for a CHA tournament game!

Penn State always seems to get Syracuse in the CHA semifinals, and it hasn't usually ended well for Penn State up to this season, but we'll see what this team does. Penn State went 2-1-1 against Syracuse, with two overtimes, and all four games were really close, but that was three months ago.

Here's a Daily Collegian article about the team as it heads into the tournament:

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...43acf7f66.html

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    Disappointing first round games outcomes from a “good game” perspective. I noticed RIT only listed 12 skaters again. Really tough way to compete. Looking forward to today!

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Robert Morris beat RIT 4-0 this afternoon, and Syracuse currently leads Lindenwood 5-0 after two periods, so barring a miracle dropping out of the sky for Lindenwood in the third period of tonight's game, tomorrow's CHA semifinals look like this:

2:00 (Eastern) - #1 Penn State vs #4 Syracuse

7:30 (Eastern) - #2 Mercyhurst vs #3 Robert Morris

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Finally, with less than three hours until tournament time, video links ($) are up: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/cha/

$25 for a tournament pass, or $9.99 per individual game.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    The CHA tournament starts today (still no links to buy individual games):

Thursday, March 4:
    #3 Robert Morris vs #6 RIT, 2:00 PM (Eastern)
    #4 Syracuse vs #5 Lindenwood, 7:30 PM (Eastern)

Friday, March 5:
    #1 Penn State vs Lowest Advancing Seed, 2:00 PM (Eastern)
    #2 Mercyhurst vs Highest Advancing Seed, 7:30 PM (Eastern)

Saturday, March 6:
    CHA Championship Game, 6:00 PM (Eastern)

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

thanks Zed. Appreciate all the info.
    No problem - I'm as anxious as anyone to watch most of these tournament games! I really wish it didn't have to come down to the night before the tournament before someone figured out they don't even have viewing options set up for fans to buy games. There's no excuse for that.

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Here's an update for the CHA tournament video stream, a reply I got from the CHA on Twitter:

"We're working with Stretch/Presto to figure out why the tournament pass is not showing up for users. We hope to have the issues ironed out sometime tonight. The tournament pass is only $25 and a single day pass will remain $10."

So that's good news.
    thanks Zed. Appreciate all the info.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Here's an update for the CHA tournament video stream, a reply I got from the CHA on Twitter:

"We're working with Stretch/Presto to figure out why the tournament pass is not showing up for users. We hope to have the issues ironed out sometime tonight. The tournament pass is only $25 and a single day pass will remain $10."

So that's good news.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    Agree with Above. That's two goalie of the year awards in a row. Used to be linebacker u, maybe goalie u now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X