No announcement yet.

2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bothun had a great year, but she does not get played like a horse if Burke had not opted out. That's just my opinion. At any rate, Bothun picked up invaluable experience. We can agree to disagree on debunking. Of course she wants to play every game.

We can agree on the PP and the faceoffs, lol. Although 0-1 is statisically worse than 1-4, it's kind of similar in the game against Syracuse. The refs were one sided.

Adollfson is a 1998 and you think she is coming back at age 25? I highly doubt it.

No one has ever said Kampresal and Fargo have similar styles. I'll have to think on that one.

Syracuse forwards looked faster than PSU forwards, that's why I think the size of Nelson and Rankin would have really helped. With a year of lifting, any one of the frosh can have that type of jump in production like Gough.
    Oh well, onto next year.

Comment

• Burke had not opted out. think the size of Nelson and Rankin would have really helped
      I guess I can comment on this now that the season is over. These players were given the the choice of opting out or being removed. It was a culture thing, I am probably giving up too much inf o but it was the right move.These kids are serious hockey players as they were one of the only programs not to be hit by covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
        Burke had not opted out. think the size of Nelson and Rankin would have really helped
        I guess I can comment on this now that the season is over. These players were given the the choice of opting out or being removed. It was a culture thing, I am probably giving up too much info, but it was the right move. These kids are serious hockey players as they were one of the only programs not to be hit by covid.
        Nelson, Rankin, and Burke all got benched each season they were here, and the chatter was that it was because they liked to party. When I saw the three of them not even on the roster at the start of this season, I thought, "Well, someone has had enough of that". What a shame, because they were three talented players.

Comment

• So you can read between the lines if they were on the roster as an underclassman and not on the roster this year. It was a culture issue.

Comment

• Water under the bridge, a nice year, blatant behind the scenes baloney on keeping PSU out of the Final 8. Back of the napkin stuff, BC must be good because they beat Northeastern once and we can extrapolate Providence must be good because they beat BC twice. Voters, ignoring their own rankings from the week before. It's like figure skating in the Olympics with the French Judges.

Comment

• The best way to stay out of it is to win your conference tournament plain and simple. The girls will have a chip on their shoulder. I know 9 freshmen who were already back on the ice yesterday even though they were told to take the week off.

Comment

• Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
                The girls will have a chip on their shoulder. I know 9 freshmen who were already back on the ice yesterday even though they were told to take the week off.
                Ah, youth. Those freshmen will learn to take advantage of the downtime the coaching staff gives them. They haven’t yet experienced a complete college season and most every player will tell you it is a real grind by the end of a 36-game season and the grind gets greater each additional year of their careers.

Comment

• And that's how it goes as PSU transitions into a perennial CHA powerhouse, perennial contender for NCAA Championships, and eventual NCAAA Champion. Think of where this program was and how far they've come. We will get there. It is a process.

Comment

• Originally posted by phillydog View Post
                    ... eventual NCAAA Champion.
                    NCAAA? I like it! Maybe they can offer towing services for Zambonis.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Looked at D +- over last three games and you had +5, +4, +1, -2 and -3. 15 was -3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                        Looked at D +- over last three games and you had +5, +4, +1, -2 and -3. 15 was -3.
                        Too short of time frame to mean much, if anything. Goaltending when each of the D were out there? Support from the forwards (3rd line?) on those shifts? Too many variables, too short of time frame, and the forwards and goaltending play a integral role in shutting down the opponent's scoring as well.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Good pts, but Zamboni and Zed were throwing -2 under the bus and I just want to make sure they understand who was -3. -1 in the playoffs with one shot does not do it for me.

Comment

• Josie Bothun was named as one of the top three finalists for the national Goalie of the Year award:

https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/3/...ear-award.aspx

Nobody will be surprised when Aerin Frankel wins the award, but what an honor for a freshman goalie to make the top three, the other two being seniors.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                              Josie Bothun was named as one of the top three finalists for the national Goalie of the Year award:

https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/3/...ear-award.aspx

Nobody will be surprised when Aerin Frankel wins the award, but what an honor for a freshman goalie to make the top three, the other two being seniors.
                              You would think such an honor takes into account the level of competition she faced. Adding that much more to the mystery as to why Penn State is not in the national tournament!

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post

You would think such an honor takes into account the level of competition she faced. Adding that much more to the mystery as to why Penn State is not in the national tournament!
                                Or it could mean, the team in front of her wasn't nearly as strong as their record would indicate, therefore she was instrumental in any success they had.

Comment

Working...
                                X