2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post
    Well Penn State got royally screwed tonight. There must have been some great horse trading going on between UMD and BC since they both had a selection representative. There is no way BC deserves to be in this tournament, and neither does UMD. Must have been an agreement to allow BC in by taking Providence and then pushing UMD over MN. The committee is an embarrassment.
    You guys got screwed. Absolutely.

Comment

• I apologize to Penn State fans. My saying you had nothing to worry about when it came to making the tournament might’ve been the kiss of death. Still think you should be in there!

Comment

• I guess this is why we've moved to mathematical formulas instead of smoke-filled rooms. My condolences to PSU fans.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post
          Well Penn State got royally screwed tonight. There must have been some great horse trading going on between UMD and BC since they both had a selection representative. There is no way BC deserves to be in this tournament, and neither does UMD. Must have been an agreement to allow BC in by taking Providence and then pushing UMD over MN. The committee is an embarrassment.
          Especially seeing Providence in the bracket. Based on what? Robert Morris earned the spot by winning the CHA tournament, but Penn State was good enough to go 4-0 against them this season, and dominate the CHA, and win the regular season title. None of that counts over whatever Providence did this season against who - Maine? Holy Cross? Merrimack? New Hampshire? And people scoff at the CHA.

Comment

• Providence probably made it because their head coach used to be a scout for USA Hockey and there is an at large USA Hockey person on the committee. I feel terrible for Penn State.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post

None of that counts over whatever Providence did this season against who - Maine? Holy Cross? Merrimack? New Hampshire? And people scoff at the CHA.
              They lost once to Maine, and once to New Hampshire.

SMH...

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

They lost once to Maine, and once to New Hampshire.

SMH...
                There’s no head scratching. This is just plain wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                  I've always felt Cuse had a “oh hell no,” attitude toward Penn State’s ascent in this league. Cuse had to slog through Hurst’s strongest years when they first joined the league; I may be imagining it but I’ve wondered if they have a “make Penn State pay their dues” mentality, more than any other team in the league.
                  The selection committee was stuck at 7 teams, and Paul Flanagan smiled and said, "Hey, here's a good one...what about Providence?" After the chuckling died down and his Paypal payments to the others went through, off they went to vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post

The selection committee was stuck at 7 teams, and Paul Flanagan smiled and said, "Hey, here's a good one...what about Providence?" After the chuckling died down and his Paypal payments to the others went through, off they went to vote.
                    I feel like Flanagan would fight for the CHA, considering they have a legit case to send 2 teams. But who knows, which is why it would be helpful if someone would ask them for the reasoning.

Comment

• No one is a bigger Penn State fan than myself. I have seen every game and I know how hard these kids work.
                      1. They controlled their own destiny. They played not to lose instead of to win for two periods. (When you do that puck luck goes against you)
                      2. They play in a conference that gets no respect. Let's face it being from Minn. I used to scoff at the CHA. They need to schedule the WCHA and Hockey East and beat them on a consistent basis. (This is coming).
                      3. The CHA needs to make a commitment to being a first class conference. Their website is not kept up date and they don't promote their teams the proper way.
                      4. For the teams to be taken seriously two schools need to either build new rinks or totally update their facilities. Then you can recruit top line players.
                      5. Lindenwood and RIT have to become competitive they have the facilities.
                      6. Penn States record actually worked against them they were 16-2-2 in the CHA and then lost to a middle of the pack team. Now BC lost to a team that was below 500 and Providence fell apart during the year but had a good HE tournament.
                      Now to address the future. PSU has everyone back except Aolphsson and have some high profile transfers coming in. Knowing the kids as well as I do, what happened this year I guarantee this won't happen again. With the Frozen four next year at Pegula don't be surprised to see the Lions playing at home.
                      Last thing to wrap up a great 20-21 year in which no one thought hockey would be played. I have refrained from comment on the goalie as she is a close relative.
                      To debunk Reddington's theory about Kampersal wearing down goalies. She wants to play every game she never wants to sit. Kampersal recruits goalies with that mindset.
                      He is also along with Fargo at Colgate a proponent of playing free. So the rigid system type of play That Syracuse and Robert Morris employ you won't see as much.
                      So as we move forward and his recruiting progress you are going to see a more high powered offense.
                      What a great year with some unbelievable accomplishments. They have really been fun to watch and will continue to grow over the next 4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
                        No one is a bigger Penn State fan than myself. I have seen every game and I know how hard these kids work.
                        1. They controlled their own destiny. They played not to lose instead of to win for two periods. (When you do that puck luck goes against you)
                        2. They play in a conference that gets no respect. Let's face it being from Minn. I used to scoff at the CHA. They need to schedule the WCHA and Hockey East and beat them on a consistent basis. (This is coming).
                        3. The CHA needs to make a commitment to being a first class conference. Their website is not kept up date and they don't promote their teams the proper way.
                        4. For the teams to be taken seriously two schools need to either build new rinks or totally update their facilities. Then you can recruit top line players.
                        5. Lindenwood and RIT have to become competitive they have the facilities.
                        6. Penn States record actually worked against them they were 16-2-2 in the CHA and then lost to a middle of the pack team. Now BC lost to a team that was below 500 and Providence fell apart during the year but had a good HE tournament.
                        Now to address the future. PSU has everyone back except Aolphsson and have some high profile transfers coming in. Knowing the kids as well as I do, what happened this year I guarantee this won't happen again. With the Frozen four next year at Pegula don't be surprised to see the Lions playing at home.
                        Last thing to wrap up a great 20-21 year in which no one thought hockey would be played. I have refrained from comment on the goalie as she is a close relative.
                        To debunk Reddington's theory about Kampersal wearing down goalies. She wants to play every game she never wants to sit. Kampersal recruits goalies with that mindset.
                        He is also along with Fargo at Colgate a proponent of playing free. So the rigid system type of play That Syracuse and Robert Morris employ you won't see as much.
                        So as we move forward and his recruiting progress you are going to see a more high powered offense.
                        What a great year with some unbelievable accomplishments. They have really been fun to watch and will continue to grow over the next 4 years.
                        All good points but none of them explain UMD getting in instead of Penn St. UMD is the real crime to me.

Comment

Ohio State has about as bad a facility situation as you can get in the WCHA...That doesn't seem to deter them.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Only going to hit a couple points here:

Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
                            They play in a conference that gets no respect.
                            No kidding - just look at the women's hockey home page right here on USCHO. Not a single word about the CHA tournament, CHA award winners, etc, but it's filled with WCHA, Hockey East, and NEWHA tournament and award articles.

The CHA needs to make a commitment to being a first class conference. Their website is not kept up date and they don't promote their teams the proper way.
                            The CHA website is embarrassing. I hope nobody is getting a paycheck for "maintaining" that website. Not to mention, just a couple hours before the tournament started, they didn't even know the video feed for tournament games wasn't up.

Now to address the future. PSU has everyone back except Adolfsson, and have some high profile transfers coming in. Knowing the kids as well as I do, what happened this year I guarantee this won't happen again.
                            I was wondering about returning upperclass players, because I know I saw here (or somewhere) that on Senior Night they only honored Jenna Brenneman and Jessica Adolfsson (I think). Adolfsson would be centralizing for Team Sweden for next season's Olympics anyway, and Brenneman has to be out of eligibility by now, but not honoring Natalie Heising means she's coming back. I wonder if Adolfsson gets to come back the following year after the Olympics, since she will be due a senior season.

If you know about the incoming freshmen for next season, do tell - we never hear any of the good stuff about them. I hope there's some solid defense coming.

With the Frozen Four next year at Pegula, don't be surprised to see the Lions playing at home.
                            Please add "with fans being allowed in the arena".

With what this team did with so many freshmen and sophomores, the next few years are going to be fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Ohio State has about as bad a facility situation as you can get in the WCHA...That doesn't seem to deter them.
                              They are/were getting a new facility at least that was what Muzzy was recruiting on with regards to when we went through the process. Buckeye would be more aware of that than me. Also I don't think the facilities are as important to Canadian girls as they are to American. Just a guess because Mercyhust RMU and Syracuse get some pretty good Canadians and Muzzy seems to be leaning that way also. IMHO

Comment

They are/were getting a new facility at least that was what Muzzy was recruiting on with regards to when we went through the process. Buckeye would be more aware of that than me. Also I don't think the facilities are as important to Canadian girls as they are to American. Just a guess because Mercyhust RMU and Syracuse get some pretty good Canadians and Muzzy seems to be leaning that way also. IMHO
                                I think the Canadian player focus is more to do with Muzz being Canadian herself. I think she takes some pride in that and it likely helps when recruiting Canadian players.

Comment

Working...
                                X