No announcement yet.

2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read the Mercyhurst game synopsis...Syracuse beat RMU 3-1. And if Syracuse beats RMU tomorrow and PSU beats Mercyhurst tomorrow, Mercyhurst falls to Fourth. That's quite the surprise to me.

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
      I read the Mercyhurst game synopsis...Syracuse beat RMU 3-1. And if Syracuse beats RMU tomorrow and PSU beats Mercyhurst tomorrow, Mercyhurst falls to Fourth. That's quite the surprise to me.

​​​​​
      Isn't that just like Syracuse at the end of a season? Why do they always come on strong at the end, and into the tournament? Wow, that's still a surprise.

Comment

• Syracuse is always a dangerous team. They could just as easily lose to Lindenwood or win it all. Syracuse would catch a minor break by finishing 3 as they would get RIT which is a team they have no chance of being upset by. Meanwhile RIT has beaten Mercyhurst. The subplots in the CHA are underappreciated.

Comment

• Finally, a Penn State game recap: https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/2/...aight-win.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
            Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

You better hope Bothun gets plenty of playing time early in her PSU career or shell likely bolt like she has on so many teams before to get more time in the net. And dont get me started on the selfishness of abandoning your State-ranked HS team just to further yourself - especially after youve already got your D1 commitment made.
            https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/2/...aspx:rolleyes:

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
              Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

Good luck everyone at Penn State. Oggie is her Dad, I think it's like the 4th different Name he's used on here. You can tell what you're going to get with this one. Going from rink to rink asking everyone who will give his kid a glowing endorsement is not an overstatement It really happens. By the way, if by some chance she doesn't have a good game or good results it is because someone else is at fault. Final note, If you are that good do you think the team's parents and players would really let you go play somewhere else that easy? Maybe they couldn't stand the constant fishing for attention and it was easy to say BYE BYE.
              https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/2/...-the-year.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
                Not sure what your point is regarding my previous comments which I still stand by. Note I never said she wasn’t a talented player and she did get plenty of playing time which suggests she’ll stay at Penn State.

Comment

• After one, Mercyhurst is up 2-0 on Penn State. I missed almost the entire period, so I don't know how it went. Stats: Mercyhurst leads the shots on goal by 9-8, and they've taken the lone penalty so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                    Syracuse is always a dangerous team. They could just as easily lose to Lindenwood or win it all. Syracuse would catch a minor break by finishing 3 as they would get RIT which is a team they have no chance of being upset by. Meanwhile RIT has beaten Mercyhurst. The subplots in the CHA are underappreciated.
                    Yes to all if this. I’ve watched a bit of Cuse this year as they have good quality free streams (thanks Cuse!). For years they’ve been plagued by inconsistent goaltending, but otherwise have the talent. I’d hate to see Cuse jump ahead of Lakers considering they only played each other twice this year and Lakers won both games.

Comment

• After two, Mercyhurst is up 2-1 on Penn State, who got the goal from Julie Gough. Mercyhurst leads the shots on goal 19-16, and that says a lot when Penn State averages something like 40 shots a game. Now I wish I had seen the first period. Penalties are 1-1.

Comment

• Going to a 3-on-3 overtime, with the score tied up 2-2 on a goal from Lyndie Lobdell.

Comment

• And Mercyhurst takes the win 3-2 in the 3-on-3 overtime. Mercyhurst is a lot better than their record looks, so good for them. Final shots on goal were tied at 29-29, and Penn State took two penalties to Mercyhurst's one. That first period must have been all Mercyhurst - I wish I had seen it. That's it for the regular season, and Penn State finishes 16-2-2.

Comment

• Syracuse beat Robert Morris 4-1 for the sweep, so that's quite a story. It looks like Syracuse and Mercyhurst are prepped for the CHA tournament, and Robert Morris is a step off.

Comment

• Thanks for the updates Zed. I didn’t watch today, sounds like an entertaining game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                                Thanks for the updates Zed. I didn’t watch today, sounds like an entertaining game.
                                I wish I'd seen the first period, but I'm guessing the early Mercyhurst goal (and the Mercyhurst pace) had Penn State on their heels for the whole period. They sure looked good today, and I think Mercyhurst's record is more about their very late start to the season than it is any kind of call on their skill, because they sure looked like the usual Mercyhurst team today. They're definitely ready for the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X