No announcement yet.

2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Penn State Coaches Show had head coach Jeff Kampersal on tonight (starts at the 7:50 mark and goes to 25:20):

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Archi...0&type=Archive

Comment

• Take aways from watching 4 games.
      1. Even though Zanon an heising get most of the roar.(Pun) This team is deep. Will get even deeper when they get Promesberger back next week. Will have 4 quality lines in playoffs.
      2. Lantto's minutes got expanded she is a true power forward and brings some size to the lineup.
      3. the move of Gough up with Heising and Zanon has been a stroke of genius as both Gough and Heisng are on point streaks allowing Wallin to play with Maachado Weiss The results were evident as Wallin is lighting it up.
      4. We saw Connelly and ciarochhi on the penalty kill angainst RIT and they proved to be worthy of more time on this unit which will be huge going into Playoffs.
      5. Hopefully they stay away from the Mens team as there are 12 positive case of Covid and they are shut down.

Comment

• Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
        1. Even though Zanon and Heising get most of the roar (pun), this team is deep. Will get even deeper when they get Promersberger back next week. Will have 4 quality lines in playoffs.
        Being four lines deep will be a big help to this team, especially with the speed they play at. Kampersal likes to keep shifts as short as possible, and a fourth line would let him do that. Four good lines in a tournament will keep these guys at 100 MPH.

3. The move of Gough up with Heising and Zanon has been a stroke of genius...
        When Kampersal moved Olivia Wallin down and put Julie Gough on the top line, I was wondering if Wallin just wasn't "on", or what. You're right...it was a great move, and you see what Julie Gough has done being matched up with Heising and Zanon. Gough brings some size to the top line, too, and that's great for how she plays the front of the net.

Four more games and then it's tournament time.

Also, Penn State caught up with one of the original women's hockey players, Lindsay Reihl: https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/2/...say-reihl.aspx
        Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 02-14-2021, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Some tournament details.
          As of right now players will be getting two tickets for family members. This could change depending on pandemic numbers. We have been lucky as Penn State has been the only University to allow parents and friends to watch. The light is at the end of the tunnel as I got my first shot this past Saturday and will get my 2nd on March 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lurky McLurkface View Post
            What's in the water up in Minnesota anyway??
            Ice.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Some tournament details.
              As of right now players will be getting two tickets for family members. This could change depending on pandemic numbers. We have been lucky as Penn State has been the only University to allow parents and friends to watch. The light is at the end of the tunnel as I got my first shot this past Saturday and will get my 2nd on March 3.
              So does this mean that there is not a blanket State directed prohibition on fans? That its an individual university decision? And does that mean there is a chance fans will be allowed at the National Championships in Erie?

Comment

• From what I have learned is that the regular season games are dictated from what the conference the schools football team dictated. Being the Big 10 allowed parents we were able to watch. ultimately it is up to the individual university and their facilities. Being the Erie city arena is the host I would imagine that parents will be able to watch the frozen 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Ice.
                  Walleyes

Comment

• The podcast is always entertaining. I think it would help recruitment if they did it more often.

Comment

Some tournament details: as of right now players will be getting two tickets for family members.
                      How much would it cost to become a player's adopted uncle on tournament weekend?

Comment

• This is fantastic https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/2/...er-ballot.aspx

Comment

Wow...three Penn State players on the initial Patty Kaz ballot? From the article: "...additional selection criteria including outstanding individual and team skills, sportsmanship, clutch performance, personal character, competitiveness, and academic and civic involvement." How well do the voters stick to that, or is the Patty Kaz basically just a "top scorer" award? Pretty cool to have three players get recognized that way.

Comment

• Looks like someone jumped the gun on the Patty Kazmaier Award preliminary list announcement. Article no longer available. I'm sure it is an amazing accomplishment nonetheless.

Comment

• I mean, it is basically a top scorer award. That's why I advocated so hard for a separate goalie award. Goalies had to be historically good to get it.

As far as the process, from the Patty site: "The award selection process begins in February, when NCAA Division I women’s ice hockey head coaches are asked to nominate players for the award. Players who are nominated by two or more coaches are then placed on an official ballot, which is sent back to the coaches to vote for the top 10 finalists. An independent accounting firm tabulates the ballots."
                              It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

• Penn State caught up with original D-1 goalie Nicole Paniccia: https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/2/...-paniccia.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X