2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    Somebody on here called Celeste to RIT and it turned out to be quite the prognostication. Davis had PSU figured out, it will be interesting to see how the grasshopper fares against PSU.
    Like the in league hires. Lots of history between all these coaches. Colontino coached at Hurst of course, and now RMU. Celeste at Penn State and RIT. Flanagan’s Saints and Kampersal’s Tigers played Hurst a ton over the years, more than HE schools or most WCHA schools did, so when those guys joined the league they kind of fit right in from a Hurst fan perspective. Kind of ironic that the one a person can’t link in is US gold medalist and LU Coach Shelley Looney, but I guess she will build up her own coaching history soon enough. Very curious to see if Nicole Hensley sticks around that program as a coach. Would certainly be a positive for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      Congrats to Celeste Brown. We shall see how it all plays out.
      I hope she gets a little extra slack in the leash, being a recent (2015) RIT grad. I think the powers-that-be must be pretty happy to have her on the bench, though, and she's going to be a lot more relatable to the players than her predecessors were.

Kind of funny, I was trying to decide if I was even missing hockey fandom considering some of the nonsense and challenges that go with it... then a reporter I follow posted a pic of the Blue Jackets practicing at the Ice Haus in Columbus....and I realized just looking at a pic how much I miss it.
      Like every off season, I'm having hockey withdrawals, but it's worse this summer wondering if there will be a season that fans get to watch in person at the arena. It's probably even worse for a Mercyhurst fan, being set to host the national tournament at the end of this season!

Comment

Did they forget to introduce Machado or is she not enrolling?
        Here you go - they finally posted the "Meet The Freshmen" video of Alyssa Machado: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...91270622121985

Comment

• Every recruit deserves their day in the sun, I'm just glad the young lady did not have a change in heart or PSU over recruited. I'm going with the faux pas. Penn State's IT and public relations seems to ebb and flow with graduating students. At least, I hope that is the explanation....

Comment

• Brooke Madsen, Katie McMillan, Olivia Villani, Cam Leonard, Katie Rankin, and Morgan Rolph have been named AHCA All-American Scholars:

https://gopsusports.com/news/2020/7/...americans.aspx

Comment

Somebody on here called Celeste to RIT and it turned out to be quite the prognostication. Davis had PSU figured out, it will be interesting to see how the grasshopper fares against PSU.
              That would be me. You're welcome! Here's my post:

"05-01-2020, 03:35 PM

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
              Assistant coach Celeste Brown breaks down a nice defense-to-offense transition: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...64273539616773

She'll be the new head coach at RIT now that they've fired the coaches from this year. You heard it here first!"

Comment

• I just read two articles: The USCHO article on Celeste Brown taking the RIT job. The trailblazer from Montana says she is back in "Tiger Country."

The second article was the Article on Laing, the two time Princeton Captain on getting her driver's license. Kampresal must be proud of his former player showing her resiliency. I think he won't issue her number at Penn State in her honor. That's a small, but meaningful gesture.

Comment

• Penn State made it official today: no fans at Fall sporting events:

https://gopsusports.com/news/2020/8/...y-barbour.aspx

"As of today, the current large group gatherings guidance from the (Pennsylvania) Governor's office limits capacity to 250 people for outside events and 25 people for inside events. Therefore, under the current conditions and current state orders, our fall sports events would be conducted without fans in the general seating areas of our facilities."

"Regardless of whether we play or don't play, our revenue losses will be in the high eight figures, reaching nine figures in the case of no competition."

Comment

• Well, it's not hockey, but it might be a sign of things to come for hockey - the Big Ten cancelled Fall sports, including football, soccer, women's volleyball, cross country, and field hockey.

"The Big Ten Conference will continue to evaluate a number of options regarding these sports, including the possibility of competition in the spring. Decisions regarding winter and spring sports will also continue to be evaluated."

https://bigten.org/news/2020/8/11/ge...ll-season.aspx

Comment

• Major bummer.

Comment

• Penn State announces the hiring of new assistant coach Melissa Samoskevich:

https://gopsusports.com/news/2020/8/...ant-coach.aspx

Comment

• I thought for sure the position would go unfilled until it is determined if there is a season. Congrats to the new asst coach. Meanwhile, Notre Dame announced it might send kids home.

Comment

• Today is the first day of classes at Penn State. They already recorded 148 new Covid-positive tests last week, so the show is just getting started. Any guesses as to how long before the students are told to pack up and go back home? I give it a month.

Comment

• UNC did not test before the kids came back. That turned out to be a huge mistake. I'm hearing the schools that tested the students before they came back or when they came back seem to have a fighting chance. The schools were able to quarantine the positives off campus.

​​​​​

I just heard on the radio up the NFL is doing good so I think there is hope with some precaution.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                                Today is the first day of classes at Penn State. They already recorded 148 new Covid-positive tests last week, so the show is just getting started. Any guesses as to how long before the students are told to pack up and go back home? I give it a month.
                                I don't think 148 cases amongst 30,000 or so students is a lot. I think these schools just need to stay the course and not panic. They should have planned on having some cases.

Comment

Working...
                                X