X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by gotanytape View Post
    So I'm hearing some players on RMU may have Covid. That might mess things up for this weekend...
    Two days before the first series of the season, and not a word from Penn State about it. No word on a schedule, no word on how to watch the games, etc. In fact, since the Hockey Commissioner's Association announced a delay to the start of the season over two months ago, Penn State hasn't said anything about 2020-21. How about an interview with Kampersal and ask how the schedule is going? How about telling fans how to watch games this season, if they won't be allowed inside Pegula Ice Arena? Or will they be allowed into the arena? Anything would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• gotanytape
    replied
    So I'm hearing some players on RMU may have Covid. That might mess things up for this weekend...

Leave a comment:

• Rightnut
    replied
    Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    RIT is now considering reversing its plan to cancel the season: https://ritathletics.com/news/2020/1...ey-update.aspx
    The article says that they are playing, assuming approval by the State of the return to play plan. That is great news for them. Maybe it will spur Union and RPI.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    RIT is now considering reversing its plan to cancel the season: https://ritathletics.com/news/2020/1...ey-update.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    It is an insightful blog.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by naksh View Post
    Insightful blog! appreciate the way it is written. Thanks for your thoughts and time in articulating in a well structured manner. Really easy to understand and it is very helpful
    Selenium is a portable framework for testing web applications. Selenium provides a playback tool for authoring functional tests without the need to learn a test scripting language (Selenium IDE)
    Translation: "spam-spam-sp-sp-sp-spam-spam-spamitty-spam"

Leave a comment:

• naksh
    replied
    Insightful blog! appreciate the way it is written. Thanks for your thoughts and time in articulating in a well structured manner. Really easy to understand and it is very helpful
    Selenium is a portable framework for testing web applications. Selenium provides a playback tool for authoring functional tests without the need to learn a test scripting language (Selenium IDE)

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post

I don't see a National Tourney happening this season. If these teams can get any games in I'd consider it a plus to a an otherwise dismal year!
    I can't see a national tournament happening, either. If they can't allow out-of-conference games, they would have a hard time justifying a tournament with teams from all over the place (Penn State representing the CHA, of course). I imagine the season will end after conference champions are decided.

Leave a comment:

• Rightnut
    replied
    Petition for RIT men's appeal. They could use the support and a change would affect the women and probably other programs too.

https://www.change.org/p/rochester-i...-hockey-season

Leave a comment:

• EMPTYNETTER
    replied
    Originally posted by mar7967 View Post

If there is an NCAA tournament, with only 16 games played, would the rest of the CHA meet the requirements to be eligible? (honestly I'm not sure, but I thought there was a number of games requirement).
    I don't see a National Tourney happening this season. If these teams can get any games in I'd consider it a plus to a an otherwise dismal year!

Leave a comment:

• mar7967
    replied
    Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post

If there's a bright spot for the rest of the CHA, teams will now get a bye week in place of the RIT games, which they weren't getting before in the very condensed schedule.

If there is an NCAA tournament, with only 16 games played, would the rest of the CHA meet the requirements to be eligible? (honestly I'm not sure, but I thought there was a number of games requirement).

Leave a comment:

• mar7967
    replied
    Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Might this announcement turn out to be a case of bad timing, having been decided just before the announced introduction of the vaccine?
    Probably not - realistically we are still months away from a legitimate vaccine distribution - it certainly will not be readily available in the next few months...

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    Ugh, so sad for RIT.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied
    Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
    RIT cancelled the men's and women's hockey seasons.
    Might this announcement turn out to be a case of bad timing, having been decided just before the announced introduction of the vaccine?

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
    RIT cancelled the men's and women's hockey seasons.
    That's hard to hear, especially with the conference going ahead with the season. I really feel badly for Celeste Brown, who left Penn State to take over the RIT women's program. Here's a link to the announcement cancelling the season:

https://ritathletics.com/news/2020/1...ts-update.aspx

If there's a bright spot for the rest of the CHA, teams will now get a bye week in place of the RIT games, which they weren't getting before in the very condensed schedule.

Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 11-09-2020, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X