Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Originally posted by ZedLeppellin View Post
    I bought a new PC four days ago, and couldn't log in here because I had no idea what my USCHO password was anymore, so I asked for help resetting my password. The only response I got, three days later, was an email asking, "Do you still need help?". That's it, nothing after that. So, anyway, I added a letter to my user name and made a new account.
    You might consider making an Excel file of your passwords. My file right now contains 252 sites with different passwords and counting.

    Originally posted by ZedLeppellin View Post
    How is everyone doing with the self-imposed "quarantine"? On a side note, I'm so willing to stimulate the economy that I've decided to offer to take anyone's stimulus check if they don't want it, and stimulate the hell out of the economy for them. I would do this for you, free of charge, because...ummmm...'murica, or something.
    My granddaughter already has dibbs on our stimulus checks (according to my wife).
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi************
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi************

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

      Originally posted by ARM View Post
      It's unfortunate that the forum still uses an outdated method of requiring an admin to reset a forgotten password, rather than upon request sending a reset-password email to the address associated with the account. When it has forced me to change my password over the years, I always immediately change it back to the one password that I remember here; otherwise, I'd be in the same situation as you.
      Anywhere else, it's always been what you said - an email to you that lets you just reset your password and that's the end of it. I don't know why USCHO has a "contact us" button when there's no "us" to contact. I'd sure like my old account back, though.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

        Originally posted by vicb View Post
        You might consider making an Excel file of your passwords. My file right now contains 252 sites with different passwords and counting.
        252 sites?? You need a second computer just to store links!

        My granddaughter already has dibbs on our stimulus checks (according to my wife).
        Okay, I'll go halves with her then, but I won't be happy about it. Kids these days...hmmmmph.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

          It's not hockey news, but it's Penn State news, and it affects Penn State women's hockey seniors and their graduation, so...

          https://news.psu.edu/story/614272/20...ement-ceremony

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

            Finally, I got my original account reset and back in action on this new computer. Much thanks to Geoffrey Chiles for his help in getting my password reset.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

              Here's an article from Onward State about former standout Penn State women's hockey player Laura Bowman:

              https://onwardstate.com/2020/04/09/a...navirus-fight/

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

                Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                Here's an article from Onward State about former standout Penn State women's hockey player Laura Bowman:

                https://onwardstate.com/2020/04/09/a...navirus-fight/
                That is truly impressive. Best of luck to her!
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

                  Assuming we will have sports again next Fall, here is a glimpse ahead for PSU. I must say, it's pretty depressing not to have current sports highlights to watch these days.

                  https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...531662dab.html

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

                    Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post
                    I must say, it's pretty depressing not to have current sports highlights to watch these days.
                    I watch a lot of horse racing these days, because it's about the only live sport I can find.

                    Tennis and golf are sports that could actually exist fairly well with TV only, given that they want the fans to stay quiet and social distancing wouldn't be tough. Get dressed in the hotel instead of the locker room. Would probably have to do w/o ball kids in tennis and each player would have to serve with a separate set of balls. But if this continues and sports channels are desperate for programming ...
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

                      Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      I watch a lot of horse racing these days, because it's about the only live sport I can find.

                      Tennis and golf are sports that could actually exist fairly well with TV only, given that they want the fans to stay quiet and social distancing wouldn't be tough. Get dressed in the hotel instead of the locker room. Would probably have to do w/o ball kids in tennis and each player would have to serve with a separate set of balls. But if this continues and sports channels are desperate for programming ...
                      Desperate for programming? I just watched the entire re-broadcast of last year's Masters Golf Tournament. Tiger won (again).
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

                        How pathetic is it that your eyes light up when you go to Walmart because they have toilet paper stocked (sort of)?

                        I'm asking for a friend...*cough*

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

                          IRS stimulus checks have started going out, so just a reminder: the ZedLeppelin Economy Stimulation Charity Fund is now officially open for donations. Those who donate more than one stimulus check will receive 25 squares of Angel Soft two-ply toilet paper free with my gratitude. I started this charity as a public service - I consider it a civic duty. Together (sort of, but really on my own, with your money), we'll stimulate this economy back to greatness...'murica!

                          Thank you in advance - you're the best!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

                            Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                            IRS stimulus checks have started going out, so just a reminder: the ZedLeppelin Economy Stimulation Charity Fund is now officially open for donations. Those who donate more than one stimulus check will receive 25 squares of Angel Soft two-ply toilet paper free with my gratitude. I started this charity as a public service - I consider it a civic duty. Together (sort of, but really on my own, with your money), we'll stimulate this economy back to greatness...'murica!

                            Thank you in advance - you're the best!
                            We got ours and No thanks . The cash has already been donated to the Vicb Foundation, to pay for cancer treatment drugs (mine )
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi************
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi************

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by vicb View Post
                              We got ours and No thanks . The cash has already been donated to the Vicb Foundation, to pay for cancer treatment drugs (mine )
                              The best of luck to you VicB.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by vicb View Post
                                We got ours and No thanks . The cash has already been donated to the Vicb Foundation, to pay for cancer treatment drugs (mine )
                                Good luck VicB. Wishing you strength, support and success in your fight.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X