Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reddington
    replied
    Good catch on roster being posted. There are definitely some answers to questions: Brenneman yes, Slattery yes, Adollfson yes, Machado yes and Fidler. Now will there be a season?

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied
    Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    A notable absence from the roster: Loli Fidler is not on it. What an absolute waste of potential with her - she could have done big things at Penn State.
    Double secret probation?

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    The Friday film segments only lasted two sessions. The season is on the brink. Maybe the whole team can go-to Sweden and join Adollfson as exchange students and play there as the NCAA might not be an option. All of a sudden Sweden's numbers are looking spectacular. I heard Fauci use that word the other day when describing the virus and thought it was apt.

Did they forget to introduce Machado or is she not enrolling?
    Penn State posted the 2020-21 roster, and Alyssa Machado is on it, so no telling where her intro video went: https://gopsusports.com/sports/women...roster/2020-21

Interesting roster tidbits - Jenna Brenneman is listed, so she's officially in the mix for 2020-21. A notable absence from the roster: Loli Fidler is not on it. What an absolute waste of potential with her - she could have done big things at Penn State.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    The Friday film segments only lasted two sessions. The season is on the brink. Maybe the whole team can go-to Sweden and join Adollfson as exchange students and play there as the NCAA might not be an option. All of a sudden Sweden's numbers are looking spectacular. I heard Fauci use that word the other day when describing the virus and thought it was apt.

Did they forget to introduce Machado or is she not enrolling?

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    Adollfson also has the possibility of the Olympics in two years.

The Ivy League is supposedly moving football to the Spring on Wednesday. It's not clear on other sports including hockey.

RPI said no fall sports. It is not clear on winter sports. If some teams play and others don't scheduling could become problematic or a Bonanza to teams that are going to give it a go.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Piggybacking off of Reddington's "no 2020-21 hockey" thread (https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...n-on-scenarios), just to get specific about how it pertains to Penn State...

It brought up a thought about Penn State players like Jenna Brenneman and Jessica Adolfsson, who both already missed all of last season to injuries. If there is no 2020-21 hockey season, they lose a second consecutive hockey season.

In Brenneman's case, she already graduated. Would she even consider sitting out a second consecutive season just to play one more year (two years after graduating from college)? She would have to be enrolled as a grad student if the 2020-21 season is on and she's going to play. If the season is cancelled, does she just say "screw it" and get on with life after hockey? What a story for her - she sat for two seasons at Clarkson behind Shea Tiley, but left with two national championship rings, came to Penn State to get playing time and got one full season, then got injured and lost her senior season...ouch.

Adolfsson is a whole different story, being from Sweden and already on the Swedish national team. Although she's only gotten one full season at Penn State, she has options in Sweden, so if 2020-21 were cancelled and she decided two years of sitting took the shine off of an NCAA career, hockey wouldn't be over for her. I guess it depends on how important a Penn State degree is for her. I really wouldn't be surprised if she just walked away and focused on hockey at home, but I'd hate to lose her from the Penn State team.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    From the Pegula Ice Arena twitter feed: https://twitter.com/PegulaIceArena/s...40356992573444

This should be fun...never a dull moment when Penn State gets to rewrite some "new policies and procedures".

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Nine players have been named Big Ten Distinguished Scholars: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...29078480203776

I think non-fans of hockey assume players are just meatheads playing a game, but these players are impressive in the classroom. Many players show up at Penn State (and every other university) unsure of what their major will be, but by the time they leave they have "brainiac" tattooed on their forehead.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    That's more about Pegula than I'd heard before - good find!

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    I had not seen this article.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    https://www.theicegarden.com/platfor...s-about-future

Leave a comment:

• Cornholio
    replied
    Most players are recruited when they were in 8th or 9th grade so the videos you find (when you can) won't be very recent. By end of 10th grade, even the mid D1 level players are picked over and usually committed by then.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    Lobdell should fit right in like Uihlien. A bit on the small side after watching the few videos I could find, but that has not stopped Heminger from being a major contributor. It is really amazing on the dearth of videos of female hockey players.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    The latest "Meet The Freshmen" video features incoming defender Lyndie Lobdell, who won a gold medal in January with U18 Team USA (along with fellow incoming freshman Kiara Zanon):

https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...27631546302464

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    If anyone figures out how to set an avatar up, feel free to share. I can't find it anywhere on this new forum look.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X