X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
    What a game. Congrats Harvard, you are the real deal and do not quit. We'll see you down the line again and it will be another great one I am sure.
    Indeed...That was a fun game to keep track of on the ESPN + stream. I was curious how this matchup would play out and it didn't disappoint.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer
    replied
    What a game. Congrats Harvard, you are the real deal and do not quit. We'll see you down the line again and it will be another great one I am sure.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer
    replied
    Nice win against Dartmouth yesterday afternoon, the Big Green have improved a lot and are going to surprise a number of teams this year. They have a GREAT goaltender.

Am now watching the Harvard game and feel Gate just played the best period of the year so far in the 1st. Relentless forechecking and no penalties. If we can keep the pressure on as we just did with all 4 lines we should be okay as Harvard cannot be allowed to unleash that offense which has dominated their early season so far. Keep it up 'Gate! No mistakes, fast and furious.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied
    Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
    Colgate had a great test this w/e and fell well short IMO.
    I don't know about well short. While it's always tough to be swept at home, each game was close and could have gone the other way. Good luck the rest of your season.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer
    replied
    TechrBill I must have been mowing the lawn during the second period or just blanked it out. You're the second person to tell me my reality detector was malfunctioning thus weekend. I do feel our first line underperformed given how good they can be. They have to play like they expect to win and they didn't. Too much keep away hockey trying for the perfect play against a power team that dared them to show their stuff. The other lines did a better job crashing the goal and were rewarded. 3-4 unscreened slappers from the dot on the final PP was also not a high % move even given the shooter. Hopefully we will regain our confidence fast and incorporate improvements. Based on scores this weekend the ECAC will not be a cakewalk.

Leave a comment:

• TchrBill
    replied
    Colgate 8-2 is now behind 2-0 Yale in the PWR...crazy. Just goes to show we need to be on our game every game. The middle frame today was horrific, Oldtimer!!! Glad to see RPI making a comeback. Tough for any program to be a doormat for so long...Union needs a boost but they have a great Asst Coach ;-) Colgate had a great test this w/e and fell well short IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer
    replied
    Nuts we got swept but I thought we played well today and came close. Definitely progress from the last time we saw them 2 yrs ago. It will be interesting if we get to play them in Nashville.

Now on to the regular season. RPI might be a much improved team this year based on their last 4 games and sweep of Providence. It will also be great to get the Ivys back in the mix.

Leave a comment:

• TchrBill
    replied
    The ECAC is no pushover league. Clarkson, Cornell, Colgate, Princeton, even Qpac…have gone (deep) into the postseason. But when ranked teams play, it is time to put your money where your record is. And Colgate definitely did not. The team that traveled 1500 miles and stayed in a hotel was the better team. And that says a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Offsides Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

I was wrong predicting a Colgate sweep.
    My gopher sweep prediction is looking good but I’m not ready to get cocky about it just yet! (Winking emoji)

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Colgate has a good team, that is evident. However it isn't hyperbole when the western elitists talk about how good the WCHA is. Minnesota is arguably the 4 best WCHA team (they finished 4th last year) and they have a team sub .900 save percentage, plus they are truely awful on special teams. Those things usually lead to a team having a losing record.

We will see if Colgate goes with a little more aggressive forecheck tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer
    replied
    I thought we were tentative and thinking too much for most of the game. Tomorrow will show if it was just nerves or you guys disrupting our play. Way too many offsides and icings which we don't do as well as rebounds from Osborne. Heise's breakaway was a beauty and nobody would have stopped that. Agree also there were too many penalties called by the refs, but the teams were chippy and maybe they felt that was how to control it. Either way it slowed the game which hurts us. It's got to be like professional wrestling in the WCHA playing all your hated rivals as much as you do...

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied
    I thought Colgate sagged some after Heise's beauty. Otherwise, it was a heckuva game throughout. Colgate is very good and I look for them to bounce back and play a full 60 minutes tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Originally posted by KTDC View Post
    Generally nice production by Colgate on today’s game. Except the poor cameraman did not like to follow the puck down on the near side. So a lot of play was lost.

But still, it’s pretty good.
    Yeah noticed that quite a few times they lost sight of the puck down the near side. Otherwise, like you said, pretty good production.

I was wrong predicting a Colgate sweep.

Leave a comment:

• KTDC
    replied
    Generally nice production by Colgate on today’s game. Except the poor cameraman did not like to follow the puck down on the near side. So a lot of play was lost.

But still, it’s pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• KTDC
    replied
    Welcome to the ECAC, huh? What this game needs is some more penalties!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X