Colgate 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Question, we are in third place, same number of wins as #2 and #3, I understand the point system(kinda). My Q is why are we #8 seed this weekend ?
    It's because of teams in flyover country clogging up the top of the polls (that's were they're #8).
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Shabby, I believe those numbers are the National Ranking numbers.

Comment

• Oopsie......tx Babs !
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

It's because of teams in flyover country clogging up the top of the polls (that's were they're #8).
          WTH does that mean ? Jibberish ?

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post

WTH does that mean ? Jibberish ?
            The western teams, other than Northeastern, are taking up the top spots in the national polls causing Colgate to be ranked further down the poll (#8).
            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-22-2022, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• I was disappointed that none of our team was a finalist for either best forward or defenseman in league. Hard to not include either Danielle or Kalty
              to my thinking...

Comment

• sshblak, you're simply not used to the women's
                hockey boards which are dominated by MN and WISCO rooters touting their great teams and flaunting their "flyover state" status as a battle flag when it comes to east coast teams. It's often hard to get a word in edgewise through the din, but the polls reflect they are generally the better teams season to season. That said, one on one, one time as we saw in against WISCO in 2018-19 and Nashville in Nov, it can be different. This year the frozen 4 is at Penn State's new arena with 11 teams instead of 8 involved. Hopefully we will be there...
                Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-22-2022, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Oldtimer do I know you, and, why don't you post in our men's site ? You would be very welcome there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                    sshblak, you're simply not used to the women's
                    hockey boards which are dominated by MN and WISCO rooters touting their great teams and flaunting their "flyover state" status as a battle flag when it comes to east coast teams. It's often hard to get a word in edgewise through the din, but the polls reflect they are generally the better teams season to season. That said, one on one, one time as we saw in against WISCO in 2018-19 and Nashville in Nov, it can be different. This year the frozen 4 is at Penn State's new arena with 11 teams instead of 8 involved. Hopefully we will be there...
                    Certainly can be used as a bit which I do, but "flyover country" for some left and right coasters is a thing.

It was pretty cool this year for Minnesota to get 3 games against Colgate. Good luck to them in the ECAC playoffs.

Comment

• Great gut check series win in straight games against Cornell. That may be a first and certainly bodes well for next weekend. Would love to see SLU beat Yale, I'm comfortable against anyone else...

Comment

• sshsblak, posted for a number of years on the men's board until I got sick of the coach and we got so bad I couldn't watch any more. This year's team is definitely fun to watch so hopefully Don resigns, we do a legitimate national search and I can come back. Love this woman's team and Fargo though. I'm a full convert and pray for a sustainable pro league somewhere so we can continue to root for our ladies.

Comment

• Fiveholefrenzy, for a Gopher fan your a worthy poster and not too over the top re WCHA teams. Hope to play you one more time this year at Penn State...

Comment

sshsblak, posted for a number of years on the men's board until I got sick of the coach and we got so bad I couldn't watch any more. This year's team is definitely fun to watch so hopefully Don resigns, we do a legitimate national search and I can come back. Love this woman's team and Fargo though. I'm a full convert and pray for a sustainable pro league somewhere so we can continue to root for our ladies.
                            Do you live near Hamilton ?

Comment

Fiveholefrenzy, for a Gopher fan your a worthy poster and not too over the top re WCHA teams. Hope to play you one more time this year at Penn State...
                              I appreciate that...

How are you feeling about your upcoming matchup with Quinnipiac?

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

I appreciate that...

How are you feeling about your upcoming matchup with Quinnipiac?
                                Tough team and essentially a home game for QPac but I like our chances with Nemo back from the Olympics and with our goaltender situation resolved. if we stay out of the box and don't over pinch to allow uncontested breakaways, we'll be fine. I also think Princeton can give Yale a battle. Harvard was overrated...
                                Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-28-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X