Colgate 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate being right.
    Good luck to Colgate the rest of the season.
    C O L G A T E
    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
      I had Colgate winning this game and losing 3-0 is borderline shocking. Parity.
      RPI 2 Clarkson 1 another shocker!!!
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Vic B that is another shocker. I was wondering if Selander snuck in goal.

Comment

Vic B that is another shocker. I was wondering if Selander snuck in goal.
          RPI's goalie played really well and made a Selander-esque glove save with about 3 min left in the game that would have won it for CCT. GWG was also a great snipe roofed into the net.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• When I saw your post I thought to myself Blitz for RPI must have had a good game and she is not even on the scorer's sheet. So RPI must have some talent.

Comment

• Any thoughts on Giguere leaving Clarkson. Clarkson is pretty good so I think she may have made you a top ten team. Conversely any scoop on Schuler not going with BU instead of ending up at Clarkson. Last I looked BU was second in the Hockey East but I have not checked since around New Years.

Comment

Any thoughts on Giguere leaving Clarkson. Clarkson is pretty good so I think she may have made you a top ten team. Conversely any scoop on Schuler not going with BU instead of ending up at Clarkson. Last I looked BU was second in the Hockey East but I have not checked since around New Years.
                Not meaning to hijack the Colgate thread. Giguere leaving was a huge loss to Clarkson especially setting up others for scoring. I have no clue why Schuler left BU for CCT. I have said on the Clarkson Roundtable that lack of consistent scoring other than the first line is gonna cause some losses and the RPI game is one, the games against Bemidji were others. I am baffled by Colgate. On paper they have IMHO the best top to bottom group of forwards in the ECAC. But paper does not play the game. ECAC is gonna be really interesting the rest of the way. I would say any one of 8 teams could end up in the top 4: Clarkson, Colgate, Quinnipiac, Princeton, Yale, Harvard, SLU and Cornell. RPI with that win helps them in possibly getting into the top 8. I think Dartmouth, Brown and definitely Union will be out of the top 8.
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

• Colgate may have to many mouths to feed. Sometimes to much talent can be a problem. I do like the coach.

Comment

• Clarkson lost mid-week to Cornell 0-4 as well so they are going through a rough patch at least for now.

That said we will have our hands full with Q tonight after getting shellacked by them last time out in Hamilton. Not sure who will be in goal as Murphy took the first loss I think and I heard she angsted over it big time so Coach could give her another shot. Osborne still scares me with her wandering ways like at Yale where we didn't get hurt by it but came close. Both are generally great so either will do a good job I am sure. The team generally needs to play an entire game, however. Lately, we have started sharp but faded as the game goes on. Don't know if we are out of shape or simply lose focus. That last goal by Yale with our goalie pulled was a perfect example of where we had to be sharp and fell on our face. The other two goals were also totally avoidable and clearly not Osborne's fault as the D allowed a perfect pass and a fire break while Yale was short-handed to beat us. Sloppy...

Go Gate show what you're made of!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                      Lately, we have started sharp but faded as the game goes on. Don't know if we are out of shape or simply lose focus.
                      Are you missing players due to Olympics and/or other international tournaments? Throw in a Covid case or two, or just the normal illnesses that people deal with this time of year, and the rotation can get a little thinner.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Missing one key player due to Olympics
                        but that's not the problem. Whatever it is we managed to put that aside tonight against Q in a well played very entertaining and evenly matched game won in OT. We are scary 3 on 3 in OT and we saw why again tonight. Danielle Serdachny with her speed and plenty of room to move around can work wonders...

Comment

• Serdachny's dad's skills classes are the real deal.

Comment

• Have not been sold on Osborne all year. As last year’s pseudo-champs, we are now tied for 6th in the league and have given up 30 goals. We will not go deep into the playoffs with that statistic, plain and simple. We take many penalties because we’re undisciplined. Guess that’s acceptable, IDK. We get the go-ahead goal with 8 min. left and can’t seal the deal. On the flip side, we never gave up. We finally defeated a solid Top 10 team. Glad we could at least split the series. Every game is a crapshoot as to how we’ll do and never feel we’re the favorite. The win did nothing for our PWR :-/
                            Not a fan of the new box score layout, anyone else? Prefer the side-by-side comparisons.

Go ‘gate, beat Princeton
                            C O L G A T E
                            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                            1990 NCAA FINALS
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• A little too much gloom TB, but I would start splitting goalie time with Murphy to see before the playoffs who is best and have at least one D stay back a bit most of the time. Goal and an over aggressive D are what gets us into trouble, but the latter is also our calling card and provides a ton of offensive support...damned if you do, damned...

Comment

• Nice win last night !
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X