No announcement yet.

Colgate 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to the Raiders on taking the first annual Smashville trophy! Great game back and forth with both teams getting point blank opportunities. Fun to watch even though my Gophers ended up on the short end.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• D2D, great game, could have gone either way
      with 2 great freshmen goalies taking center stage.
      Finally we understand what it takes to win big games against the best! Go Gate!!!

Comment

• Maybe they'll say that about Colgate someday, Oldtimer ;-)
        Best Colgate game since beating Wisconsin on our way to the title game! Great atmosphere with some Colgate fans in Nashville!
        Finally, a signature win. Despite allowing another ppg, Colgate pulled a rabbit out of its hat.
        Congrats to Murphy on the stellar W!
        C O L G A T E
        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
        1990 NCAA FINALS
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• TchrBill, l liked your post on the UMN site. Apparently "Relevancy" morphs over time and success to being #1 or just beating Wisco, UMD and OSU in the WCHA not simply making the Tournament. Hopefully we'll get there some day...Yesterday was a great first step toward learning what it takes every night...

Comment

• Big time program win. Going to be interested in Colgate vs Quinnipiac. Colgate has dominated them over the last three years. But, Quinnipiac added that guy as Asst coach and it seems to have made a difference. I think it is a Dean Jackson type hiring like Cornell made. Fargo seems to be a hotbed coaching tree now and assts need to constantly be brought in because the others are getting opportunities elsewhere. Walkland was a great addition though.

Comment

• First MN loss in 11 games and first OOC loss in 4+ yrs. Glad Colgate could get revenge and bring some honkytonk to Hamilton!

Hope the link works!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1217796184
              C O L G A T E
              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
              1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• Great win, aren't several impact players out for Colgate ?
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                  TchrBill, l liked your post on the UMN site. Apparently "Relevancy" morphs over time and success to being #1 or just beating Wisco, UMD and OSU in the WCHA not simply making the Tournament. Hopefully we'll get there some day...Yesterday was a great first step toward learning what it takes every night...
                  TchrBill- I understand if the expectations that you have for your team are not the same as the expectations for our team that we have out here in Minnesota. But I don't think it is "dramatic" for me to think our team is not meeting our expectations. Our team is not meeting our expectations.

Congratulations on the victory and also congratulations on having a longer string of consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances than the Gophers. The second of those two congratulations is the one that vexes us the most.

Gophers still leading the season series 2-1 and both of our victories were on your home ice. So I am hoping we can play again later this year in Pennsylvania. That's all that I am trying to say.
                  Last edited by ManBehindTheCurtain; 11-29-2021, 09:53 PM.
                  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Man Behind the Curtain. Expectations met I would assume with your big win last night v the Badgers. Congrats and good luck tonight. Thanks also for making our win in Nashville all that more important as it should impact our power rankings. Unfortunately we don't skate again for a month but should have everyone (I especially miss Sammi Smigs) back and healthy at that time other than Nemo who we won't see again until late Feb or March. For her, hopefully as late as possible for us the opposite as she will be needed down the stretch to get us into the tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                      Man Behind the Curtain. Expectations met I would assume with your big win last night v the Badgers. Congrats and good luck tonight. Thanks also for making our win in Nashville all that more important as it should impact our power rankings. Unfortunately we don't skate again for a month but should have everyone (I especially miss Sammi Smigs) back and healthy at that time other than Nemo who we won't see again until late Feb or March. For her, hopefully as late as possible for us the opposite as she will be needed down the stretch to get us into the tourney.
                      Yeah, I was just thinking that this morning that the Colgate win over Minnesota plus Minnesota knocking off WisconSIN helps Colgate's pairwise.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Colgate extends Fargo to 2028.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                          Colgate extends Fargo to 2028.
                          That's enough time for one class to run through all four years and almost do it a second time. Congratulations to him!

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Thank God hockey is starting again this weekend after a month plus hiatus. Colgate basketball is impossible to watch this year and I need to see some wins. Hope everyone is now healthy especially Smigs who we really need back in harness on the second line. Harvard will be a good measuring stick as they've already played and against UMD so good competition. Assume Osborne will start but after Smashville who knows...

Comment

• Excited as well OT, may make the Sunday game. Other than UMD, Harvard is the only decent team we’ve beaten (barely) and they’re barely ranked anymore.
                              Remember to pack your pockets with your own snacks :-/
                              Sorry to see WBB be the laughingstock of the league yet again. MBB will be lucky to finish .500, so predictable.
                              C O L G A T E
                              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                              1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• No hockey since November showed. Better wake up before next weekend or we'll get killed by Clarkson...Playing at home seems to lull us into overconfidence...
                                Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-09-2022, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X