Colgate 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
    I think SU tied Clarkson…we have not put up big numbers in SOG which will be worrisome against tougher opponents, but we’ve been opportunistic. Taking 5 penalties per game is not a winning formula. These early OOC games carry a lot of weight toward the postseason. Agree that Vermont is a good team that did many things well. They were snake bitten and we had some lucky bounces. Hopefully these early games benefit us well when it comes time to play the Ivies.
    SU tied Clarkson the 2nd game and lost in OT in the first game. SU goalie played really well as did the Clarkson tender. Both teams had squandered breakaway opportunities (although SU did score on one) and both had trouble with puck control. Both games were up and down the ice affairs. Should be a good test for gate although I would expect gate to beat SU in both by 2 to 3 goals given their depth of scoring across 2-3 lines. Clarkson is going to have issues scoring once again this season IMHO. The top CU line of David, Frenette and Lonergan I think will be as good as any in the ECAC. CU Freshman Haley Winn on D is gonna make all Rookie ECAC. She is phenominal. After that just not sure who can be a 10 goal or more scorer for CU.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

SU at home tomorrow...a weeknight game is not ideal. Syracuse and Mercyhurst feel similar; both have solid goaltenders. Hope we shoot the puck and stay out of the bin. No game is a gimme and if nothing else, we need to win at home. The schedule only gets tougher!
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

This year it seems when we get on a roll it's
        hard to stop and portions of the 2nd period were just that. Lappan's goal from Greig and Serdachny's tic-tac-toe goal from Greig and Kalty were things of beauty...great hockey.

Comment

While I'm at it, a shout out to the D who all have been playing great. That said, Ally Simpson and Sydney Bard in particular have caught my eye with their relentless two way hockey and frosh Rachael Golnitz is growing every game and is going to be a gem.

Comment

Gophers are coming out your way next weekend. Any predictions on the outcome?

Comment

If we're disciplined (ex, Osborne stays home at least 98% of the time and the D occasionally leans towards our goal while on offense) it should be even and tons of fun. If, however, we take as many penalties as we did yesterday it could get ugly fast as our 100% PK ytd will not survive the first game. That said, respect their heritage but nothing else. We've had success against the WCHA and they're only gophers for God's sake. Most of all just be us...Skate free, be unpredictable and relentless and good things will happen.

Comment

Hey Steamboat, sorry the above was more of a pep talk to our team and supporters than an answer, but I'm definitely a homer. That said, we've never had 4 lines that could all score before and now we do so that adds something from the last time we played you guys a couple of years ago. We had a good tussle against UMD last spring too, so we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                  Hey Steamboat, sorry the above was more of a pep talk to our team and supporters than an answer, but I'm definitely a homer. That said, we've never had 4 lines that could all score before and now we do so that adds something from the last time we played you guys a couple of years ago. We had a good tussle against UMD last spring too, so we'll see.
                  I will be satisfied whatever the outcome. While I will root for my team, I also believe, from watching many college hockey games, that the best team wins. So I am looking forward to 'a good tussle'.

Comment

Predicting a split with the Gophers and that isn't a bad thing but we need to beat teams in other power conferences.
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
                      Gophers are coming out your way next weekend. Any predictions on the outcome?
                      The best team in the east is playing the 3/4th best team in the west, UM would probably be happy with a split and Colgate should expect to sweep based on conventional thought. Colgate hasn't really got past the soup yet though, so hard to tell how they will deal with some protein.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The Gophers, right now, don't have a reliable goaltender, can't kill penalties and have an anemic power play that is only a blip on the radar screen because the landcows were way too passive in their penalty kill.

Colgate sweeps.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Back in 2019-20 when our juniors were frosh the Gophers swept us out there 2-0 and 8-1. That was right after our Frozen Four experience and a complete rebuild. Then like now this is a reference point weekend and nothing more but bragging rights are attached and a lot of people will be watching. I'm hoping that 1-8 loss suffered by our juniors (and our 1 goal came in the last minute of the 3rd) will be a point of emphasis this week...we would like to recruit even more MN and WI talent...
                          Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-18-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Everyone on the UM and WCHA sites is predicting a UM sweep. There is an absolute feel of superiority and entitlement to it all which has driven me crazy for years and I feel has influenced the entire US Olympic team selection process for years as well. 'Gate, it's a heavy burden, but please add that obnoxious "assumed win" mentality to the long list of reasons to clean their clocks not just for yourselves but for Eastern hockey generally...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                              Everyone on the UM and WCHA sites is predicting a UM sweep. There is an absolute feel of superiority and entitlement to it all which has driven me crazy for years and I feel has influenced the entire US Olympic team selection process for years as well. 'Gate, it's a heavy burden, but please add that obnoxious "assumed win" mentality to the long list of reasons to clean their clocks not just for yourselves but for Eastern hockey generally...
                              Although in this case, you're just making it up. A Gopher fan two posts before your post predicted a Colgate sweep. Everyone, must be a Wisconsin fan who also picked BSU to sweep Clarkson. Colgate is the clear favorite heading into this weekend, and Minnesota's spotty play to date is a big reason for that.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Although in this case, you're just making it up. A Gopher fan two posts before your post predicted a Colgate sweep. Everyone, must be a Wisconsin fan who also picked BSU to sweep Clarkson. Colgate is the clear favorite heading into this weekend, and Minnesota's spotty play to date is a big reason for that.
                                Plenty of tape exists for teams to look at as far as how OSU has surpassed the Gophers. Certainly could also look at Wisconsin tape as the how they have absolutely owned the Gophers the last few years.

Agressively attack Minnesota's defense with forcheck pressure and create turnover opportunities. Most likely the Gopher goalie will fold like a cheap suit. Pretty simple, high risk...High reward .

Colgate should be able to do this.

Oh, and ARM is right, although more than just a thinner induced prediction of a sweep for Minnesota is out there from non gopher fans.
                                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-21-2021, 10:35 AM.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X