No announcement yet.

Colgate 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All true but more due to bad luck than mistakes. It's still early in the season for Harvard but I was nervous every time they were in our zone due to speed going to goal. With more seasoning they will be very tough. That said our first period was almost perfect and Kalty's goal and the stretch pass for the assist were things of beauty.

Comment

You are fortunate that Kalty did not get nominated for the Czech National Team's Olympic qualifiers. My daughter is on the Czech team (captained UVM a couple of years ago) and I don't understand why Kalty did not get nominated. You will be missing Nemo for a couple of weeks though.

Comment

Agreed, she's really blossomed this year into one of the most dangerous scorers in NCAA hockey. Didn't understand why she wasn't at the Worlds earlier either as she's played for them in the past. Maybe they can still add her as based on the Worlds she might have helped them get into the top 5 ... I think she's now as good as the Swiss star Mueller is on NE.

Comment

Win the games you're expected to win...a 7-1 thrashing of a young Brown team; 4ppg, but what happened in the 3rd period = no goals?! Keep it up, 'Gate...Yale taking it to Cornell as we speak.
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Wow we just got our butts kicked. The Yale we saw today looked very talented across the board and we simply could not mount any real pressure. Kudos to them, great game. With Clarkson nipping Harvard in OT and Princeton having already beaten Yale the creme of the ECAC seems to be revealing itself. All I know is that if Colgate expects to be there at the end of the season its got to be a lot more focused and enthusiastic than it looked this afternoon. No excuses today...
            Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-06-2021, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Good post, OT. Writing was on the wall so I left after the 2nd. The real No. 4 team in the country was the one that won today. I’m convinced the Crown will go to Princeton or Yale…neither played last season and began this season only a week or two ago. The Bulldogs were fun to watch and will give top teams fits. They dominated every facet of the game and Colgate wouldn’t even shoot the puck…just 4 shots in the first, unreal.

Colgate can beat up on the RITs, SUs And Browns of the world, but once again cannot achieve success against top teams. Today was a wake-up call that last year’s success, if you can call it that in a 4-team league, was not completely genuine.

On the bright side, we may actually sweep Cornell this season and so long as we do, the season will be deemed a success in my book. For now, we’re better than average. And that’s ok bc it’s a heck of a lot better than the Men can say. At least now we know where we stand.
              C O L G A T E
              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
              1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Not a good game but I chalk it up to one of those duds that crops up in a long season. Yale is good but Colgate can play better. Missing 3 out of your top 10 players doesn't help either.

Comment

Need to see how consistent Yale will be…already have 2 early losses on the season. Jury is still out on Qpac; great record but they’ve had a softer schedule and haven’t really been tested.
                  Which players, Rnut, and why? Would like to see us mix it up in goal once in a while. Still doesn’t explain our lack of shots and so much perimeter passing. Yale was tape-to-tape every time, what a show. We were in the box in the first 3 minutes and did nothing on the pp. Can make the game @ U next w/e.
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                    Need to see how consistent Yale will be…already have 2 early losses on the season. Jury is still out on Qpac; great record but they’ve had a softer schedule and haven’t really been tested.
                    Which players, Rnut, and why? Would like to see us mix it up in goal once in a while. Still doesn’t explain our lack of shots and so much perimeter passing. Yale was tape-to-tape every time, what a show. We were in the box in the first 3 minutes and did nothing on the pp. Can make the game @ U next w/e.
                    Nemo is at Czech Olympic qualifiers. Smigliani and Simpson were hurt. So 2/3 of 2nd line plus a top 4 def out.

Comment

Addressing Rightnut's concerns, although all are big losses, I feel we especially miss Ally Simpson. Before she was injured I thought she and Sidney Bard were our most consistent D earlier this season. Unfortunately, what I thought would be just for the MN series has now dragged on through the start of the ECAC portion of our schedule. Hopefully, she gets back soon unleashing that big slapper from the point. Also with Sammy and Nemo gone our inside play is substantially diminished despite the efforts of the twins and Rosie. I wish Kalty would start posting up a bit more down low and start using her in close lacrosse skills to her advantage. She's big and strong and certainly can muscle people around in the crease if she wants. We need her there picking up the rebounds with Nemo gone for what looks like a while.
                      Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-08-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Had forgotten about Nemo; did not know about the other injuries. Were they reported before the game? When can we expect them to return? Looks like Colgate dodged a bullet and stayed the course…No. 5 in the polls, and Yale only receiving votes (they do have 2 losses to Q & P, which is understandable). ‘Gate slips to No. 8 in the PWR. Gotta beat some ranked teams and prove you belong. My guess is we will beat Union but RPI will make us work for it and could pull off another upset.
                        C O L G A T E
                        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                        1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Gritty, nerve racking game against RPI, almost let it slip away with some unfortunate rebounds from our backup goaltender. Also lack of discipline late in the game. Back to the offensive slaughterhouse vs Union; was to be expected but beating up on a less-talented squad does not mean much. Still undecided about this team; loads of talent but have not dominated any top team and several ranked opponents are looming. We’ll need everything we’ve got with Princeton and Quinnipiac coming to Hamilton and can’t be lazy shooting the puck. This will be a very tough weekend. PWR is a bit unsettling right now for the Raiders.
                          Last edited by TchrBill; 11-14-2021, 02:45 PM.
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Could not agree with you more TechrBill. This is the weekend we'll see what we are made
                            of. Hopefully everyone is healthy (Sammy Smigs?) and Nemo is back from Czech's successful Olympic qualifying.

Comment

Was unsure if Nemo would be back in town! Great to see. She may not be the difference-maker, but rotating 4 lines is a lot better than three. Hope the roster is back to full strength.
                              I have not been sold on Osborne. She is good, but ECAC stats put her at No. 8-9 for gaa, not good. Colgate has been playing ‘from behind’ hockey and is surrendering a lot of first goals. Our pp is ok against weaker teams, but not stronger, defensive ones. Also think our pk has given up a few more lately.
                              Football at noon. WIH at 3. MIH at 7:30. Let’s get the trifecta! Btw, men’s hockey receiving votes with a 6-7 record, I just don’t see it.
                              Last edited by TchrBill; 11-16-2021, 06:21 PM.
                              C O L G A T E
                              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                              1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Two Top-10 foes come to Hamilton: No. 10 Princeton & No. 6 Quinnipiac. Time to put up or shut up. Do not see a Colgate sweep but hope for the best.
                                C O L G A T E
                                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                                1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Working...
                                X