No announcement yet.

Colgate 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough loss by Colgate. Going by the overall play of this game, the better team did not win but that's why they play the game. If Yale lets OSU dominate play like Colgate did, they are gonna need 70+ saves from Maloni in the nets to have any chance in that game.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Yaledoc, thanks for the comments. Good luck with OSU. The ECAC will be well represented in the Frozen 4. Never understood why Harvard got so much love earlier in the season, glad it came down to us, you and Q, all very tough teams to play. Look forward to the future as I think both our teams are built to last. BTW, you need to start a thread on this site so fellow ECACers and others can tweak and encourage the Elis from time to time...Finally, you have a damn fine AD...
      Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-13-2022, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• I saw Vicki there yest !
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
          Yaledoc, thanks for the comments. Good luck with OSU. The ECAC will be well represented in the Frozen 4. Never understood why Harvard got so much love earlier in the season, glad it came down to us, you and Q, all very tough teams to play. Look forward to the future as I think both our teams are built to last. BTW, you need to start a thread on this site so fellow ECACers and others can tweak and encourage the Elis from time to time...Finally, you have a damn fine AD...
          We do ??? She would not win any popularity contests at Yale !!!

Comment

• I'm surprised, but she's certainly strong willed and I can see alums not always being happy with her.
            When here she was a huge supporter of athletes and teams and they always came first with her often leading the cheers..

Comment

• Why, yaledoc? She was extremely qualified - her accomplishments are a mile long. Were her/Ivy policies during COVID too tough?
              C O L G A T E
              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
              1990 NCAA FINALS
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• This team will be interesting next year. Losing a lot of forwards. All def except Kirwan returning. Two great goalies. First line plus Kalty and Sammy returning. Top 5 as good as any. The backfill will be be key.

Comment

• Is Noemi n coming back?

Comment

• Take a look at Hockeytech commitments to get a feel for the incoming class. A number of US and Can U18 team players led by Elyssa Biederman who scored perhaps the most iconic girls high school goal last year in the U-18 National final game for Little Caesars. Check it out on YouTube. She's tiny but very quick with a scorer's touch. The Soph class which I think is very good will come back faster and stronger too and really begin to contribute. We lost some great players but should be just as good and aiming to win it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                      Is Noemi n coming back?
                      No

Comment

• What site is there that ranks recruiting classes?
                        C O L G A T E
                        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                        1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• https://www.neutralzone.net/womens/

Comment

• Thx Matt

Remember announcers during the playoffs giving some roster info...some food for thought. Is it a coincidence these teams are often in the Top 10 and NCAA tournament? Perhaps schools like these really are the exception and not the rule?

School
                            # graduate students
                            # redshirt seniors

Northeastern
                            This was their year, but they fell short. Next year may hurt as they also had 8 seniors on their roster

OSU

UMN

Wisconsin

UMD

Quinnipiac

Clarkson

UConn

UVM

PSU

BC

FYI...Yale had 13 freshmen on its roster, but their goalie will graduate ;-)
                            C O L G A T E
                            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                            1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• Rightnut, is it time to turn to the 2022-23 Season?

I just read a piece in the Winnipeg paper re our newest commitment for 2023-24, Avery Pickering, a fast 5' 9" D from Manitoba who I was surprised we announced before the summer camps were even held. Rare for us. Now I know why. Turns out she had 24 D1 offers and turned down among others Yale, Princeton and OSU. Her older brother, also a D, is projected to go top 20 in tomorrow's NHL draft...

Comment

Working...
                              X