X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTOWN
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I wanted to let my friends here know I haven't been on forum lately due to other priorities with my being recently diagnosed with cancer. Depending on awaited test results the prognosis can be hopeful but surgery and a lot of down time will be required. My treatment is being handled by the Ohio State University Medical Center and if things go well I will be back at our games this fall. - GO BUCKS!
    God Speed! I hope everything turns out for you as well as it did for my 16 years ago. You'll be in my thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    I wanted to let my friends here know I haven't been on forum lately due to other priorities with my being recently diagnosed with cancer. Depending on awaited test results the prognosis can be hopeful but surgery and a lot of down time will be required. My treatment is being handled by the Ohio State University Medical Center and if things go well I will be back at our games this fall. - GO BUCKS!
    Hockeybuckeye, sending love and hugs your way! Hope to see you at the games soon!

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied
    Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
    So are players actually transferring out of BC because BC is requiring students to be vaccinated?
    100%. We just had a men's player do the same thing (going to Lake State), as well as a football player a couple weeks back (going to Arkansas State). I wrote an article about this stuff coming down the pipe a couple weeks ago. I know for a fact that all three players left because of the vaccine mandate.

If so, that's ridiculous.
    It sure is. Pretty sad.

Using Covid/vaccines as an excuse to leave because you're unhappy at a school...if you don't want to be there, then transfer. But dont blame it on Covid/vaccines.
    Trust me I hear you on this but let's just say there are extremely... mmmm let's say *forceful* anti-vax sentiment among certain folks. I can tell you for sure that Hartmetz went through more than one vaccine exemption request and really didn't want to leave. Ohio State is obviously great school so this statement doesn't quite apply the same -- but I can assure you folks aren't giving up a BC education to get degrees from Lake State and freaking Arkansas State without being pretty off the deep end politically.

Nonetheless... if you don't want to get the vaccine, best wishes to you. We'll move on with the players that do.

Leave a comment:

• Sieve1
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Yes
    So are players actually transferring out of BC because BC is requiring students to be vaccinated? If so, that’s ridiculous. On the one hand student athletes are jumping at the chance to take a 5th year of eligibility due to Covid (and some are really milking it) yet they’re objecting to a college vaccine mandate? Sorry, not trying to be “political” but that’s a little hypocritical imo. Using Covid/vaccines as an excuse to leave because you’re unhappy at a school...if you don’t want to be there, then transfer. But dont blame it on Covid/vaccines.

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied

I don’t understand the connection between vaccines and transferring schools. Are players leaving because of a school’s vaccine policy?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Rightnut
    replied

I don’t understand the connection between vaccines and transferring schools. Are players leaving because of a school’s vaccine policy?
    That's my understanding but its 4th hand so don't put a lot of stock in that.

Leave a comment:

• Sieve1
    replied
    Originally posted by Rightnut View Post

I heard that Norcross is leaving BC too because of vaccine issues. Wrong thread I know but since it was came up on this one...

Leave a comment:

• Rightnut
    replied

Ha well that definitely explains the move then

EDIT: According to the google machine it forbids them from mandating a vaccine that doesn't have full FDA approval
    I heard that Norcross is leaving BC too because of vaccine issues. Wrong thread I know but since it was came up on this one...

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied

Ohio just the other week passed a law forbidding colleges & universities from mandating the vaccine.
    Ha well that definitely explains the move then

EDIT: According to the google machine it forbids them from mandating a vaccine that doesn't have full FDA approval
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 07-29-2021, 09:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Gonna be real interesting if OSU mandates the COVID vaccine after it gets FDA approved
    Ohio just the other week passed a law forbidding colleges & universities from mandating the vaccine.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Gonna be real interesting if OSU mandates the COVID vaccine after it gets FDA approved
    Who is left to play D for bc? I mean, I know that question can be asked pretty much all season long for bc, but in this context with Barnes centralized, and Hartmetz transferring to the Buckeyes there doesn't seem to be many players left designated as defensemen. They only have one freshman coming in as a D, correct?

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Ohio State picks up defenseman Hadley Hartmetz through the transfer portal from Boston College!
    I've said it before, Muzzy's a kid in the candy store who can't help herself!

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/w-hockey/
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 07-28-2021, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied

Wonderful news about your wife. It radiates a message of hope.
    Maybe by now we all have such a 'story' to point to. Three years ago my sister had surgery for pancreatic cancer, after six months or so of chemo to 'shrink' the tumor down, and after three years she has not had even a hint of further problems. It's as if it never even happened. The doctors have gotten pretty good at this stuff. Have faith.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Thankfully she has. Her cancer was detected early and the surgery and treatment were effective. She has been cancer free for over a year now.

And an aside to other posters who have come on here in support of Hockeybuckeye. Thank you so much for your kind words. Having been on the receiving end of support like this for my wife it is greatly appreciated.
    Wonderful news about your wife. It radiates a message of hope.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X