Ohio State Buckeyes 2021-2022 ... Destination: Happy Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Well winning the tournament was sweet. The game against Penn State went like I thought it would. We had too much talent for them and we play as physical a game as you'll see in women's hockey although we do get the more than occasional two minute reminder on how physical we made it.
    I hear you on the physical part, although I liked Coach's comment in the postgame interview where she said something along the lines of us not being used to that many "stoppages" in the game. I have to be honest, when I saw that the refs were from the ECAC, I knew they would call every ticky-tack penalty. I actually think that hurts the eastern teams in the NCAA Tournament where officials do not make as many calls and let the players decide the games. In our league, that is how all the games are called, and I think that prepares us well for the postseason. Penn State was decent today, but the only goals they could get on us were on 5-on-3s. We were the best team there and we proved it on the ice. Duluth won their game today, but they had to go into OT to beat St. Lawrence. We'll see how we do next weekend in Duluth. That place has been our little house of horrors, but we finally ended our winless streak up there last season, so maybe we have figured things out up there. Being down here watching the girls take care of business took the sting out of the football loss today.

So, onto today's game ... Ohio State defeated Penn State earlier today by a final score of 4-2. In yesterday's game, the Bucks got off to a slow start. That was not the case today as Ohio State got goals from Sophie Jaques and Clair DeGeorge to take a 2-0 lead into the first intermission. Penn State got a second period goal from Natalie Heising to to cut the lead in half at 2-1. The Buckeyes were not done yet and added two more goals from Sophie Jaques and Jennifer Gardiner to take a 4-1 lead into the second intermission. Penn State got a goal in the final frame from Rene Gangarosa to make the score 4-2 and that is how it ended. The Buckeyes outshot Penn State 39-32 with Buckeye netminder Andrea Braendli stopping 30 of the 32 shots she faced to get the win. Penn State goaltender Josie Bothun stopped 35 of the 39 shots she faced. The Buckeyes will travel to Duluth for a big series with UMD next weekend. Penn State is off next weekend and will travel to New Hampshire for a pair of games on 12/9-12/10.

Comment

• Ohio State's struggles at Amsoil Arena continued earlier tonight as Minnesota-Duluth scored the game's first four goals and never looked back. After being upset by Penn State at the D1 in DC Tournament last weekend, along with having been beaten 7-2 by Ohio State the last time the two teams played, the Bulldogs were the hungrier team tonight and took it to the Buckeyes. UMD got three goals in the first period from Naomi Rogge, Anneke Linser, and Anna Klein to take a 3-0 lead into the first intermission. Anna Klein would get her second goal of the game in the second period to put Duluth up 4-0 at the second intermission. Ohio State got two third period goals from Jenn Gardiner and Clair DeGeorge to pull within 4-2, but that was as close as the Bucks would get. The Bulldogs' Elizabeth Giguere added an empty-net goal late in the third period to make the final score 5-2. Ohio State outshot UMD 41-29. Andrea Braendli and Amanda Thiele combined to stop 23 of the 28 shots they faced for the Buckeyes. Duluth's Emma Soderberg stopped 39 of the 41 shots she faced to get the win. The two teams will wrap up their series tomorrow at 4:00 pm EST.
      Last edited by osualum86; 12-03-2021, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• And no postgame comments from Muzz after a bad loss. Shocking!

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
          And no postgame comments from Muzz after a bad loss. Shocking!
          Probably better than if she voiced her true feelings. No sense beating on the players she needed to count on today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

Probably better than if she voiced her true feelings. No sense beating on the players she needed to count on today.
            I was thinking the same thing. I am 100% sure she was not happy with the performance in last night's game and did not feel the need to publicly bash the girls in a postgame interview. Plus, I am sure no one felt worse about the performance yesterday than the girls, so there was no need to pile on. The girls responded today.

Today was another day and the Buckeyes returned the favor to earn a split in Duluth. In today's game, it was Ohio State who jumped on the Bulldogs, scoring the game's first five goals and never looking back. Liz Schepers got the Buckeyes on the board with a power play goal in the first period. Paetyn Levis would score late in the first period to send the Bucks into the first intermission with a 2-0 lead. Ohio State's Lexi Templeman scored the game's only second period goal and the teams went into the second intermission with Ohio State leading 3-0. Ohio State got goals from Riley Brengman and Lexi Templeman to go up 5-0 early in the third period. Minnesota-Duluth ended the shutout with goals from Elizabeth Giguere and Gabbie Hughes to pull within 5-2. Ohio State's Jenna Buglioni added an empty-netter to make the final score 6-2. Ohio State outshot UMD 40-27 in this one. Amanda Thiele got the start today and stopped 25 of the 27 shots she faced to get the win. Emma Soderberg stopped 34 of the 39 shots she faced for the Bulldogs. Ohio State goes into the break with a 15-3 record (13-3 WCHA) and will host Lindenwood on 1/7-1/8. UMD will travel to Minneapolis next weekend for a big series against the Gophers.
            Last edited by osualum86; 12-04-2021, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              UMD will travel to Minneapolis next weekend for a big series against the Gophers.
              For those who can't make it to Ridder on Saturday the game will be televised on BTN (3:30 puck drop).
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                For those who can't make it to Ridder on Saturday the game will be televised on BTN (3:30 puck drop).
                Thank you for sharing that D2D! Just might have to check that out.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                  Ohio State goes into the break with a 15-3 record (13-3 WCHA) and will host Lindenwood on 1/7-1/8. UMD will travel to Minneapolis next weekend for a big series against the Gophers.
                  Watts an awful schedule OSU has, Watts a massive gap in games. At least the there is a rev-up series to open with in 2022.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'll fix this post...."for those who in no way, shape or form want to set a foot in Ridder on Saturday to watch the 2 teams play with the worst school colors in the history on man/womenkind, the game will be televised on BTN (3:30 puck drop). Just a friendly public service reminder to change the channel frequently so you don't melt down the electronics on the tv or watching device."
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by timothy a View Post

i'll fix this post...."for those who in no way, shape or form want to set a foot in ridder on saturday to watch the 2 teams play with the worst school colors in the history on man/womenkind, the game will be televised on btn (3:30 puck drop). Just a friendly public service reminder to change the channel frequently so you don't melt down the electronics on the tv or watching device."
                      lol lol lol lol!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I'll fix this post...."for those who in no way, shape or form want to set a foot in Ridder on Saturday to watch the 2 teams play with the worst school colors in the history on man/womenkind, the game will be televised on BTN (3:30 puck drop). Just a friendly public service reminder to change the channel frequently so you don't melt down the electronics on the tv or watching device."
                        The Bad News: The forecast in Bemidji this weekend is calling for a high of 18 below (the Beavers are used to this)
                        The Good News: No danger of any electronics melting down (the game is not on TV)

Comment

The Bad News: The forecast in Bemidji this weekend is calling for a high of 18 below (the Beavers are used to this)
                          The Good News: No danger of any electronics melting down (the game is not on TV)
                          Actually it's on BTN+

Comment

Actually it's on BTN+
                            Let's go Beavers!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Watts an awful schedule OSU has, Watts a massive gap in games. At least the there is a rev-up series to open with in 2022.
                              Similar to QU. Last game was nov 27 and next game is vs your Badgers. Jan 1 I think.

Comment

Actually it's on BTN+
                                Not sure that qualifies as "on TV".
                                (FWIW, I have a subscription to BTN+, and use it quite a bit, but the quality of everything varies widely.)

Comment

Working...
                                X