Ohio State Buckeyes 2021-2022 ... Destination: Happy Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

Mrs 86 and I noticed that, too! Sounds like we will get to watch on a tv screen instead of the computer monitor on BTN+!
    I bought a Chromecast at Microcenter last year so I could stream the games from my phone to my big screen tv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

Don't be sure of that, I only made a general empirical observation of something I noticed at the game which could correspond to Mr.PGB. If I ever do come upon someone's real identity who's on forum I would not reveal it respecting their privacy in the matter.
      Appreciate that very much. Guess I'm very old school, but I really believe that on social media, it's best if you post under a screen name. Posts should be evaluated on their merits, not the identity of the poster.

Privacy is also relevant. I don't feel that I'm a privacy freak, but I don't participate in Facebook, Twitter or anything else that has a poster putting personal info out on the internet. I do realize that I'm part of a dwindling minority who takes this stance. I'm fine with that. I'm certainly not going to second guess anyone who chooses to participate on those platforms. But personally I'm going to continue to leave those options alone.

Will all that said, it has gotten a little silly pretending that between you, I & '86, nobody knows who's who. We can drop the pretenses during one of the upcoming games.

Comment

I am envious of Hockeybuckeye now because he knows who you are and I still don't. #LOL #SmileEmoji
        My reply to Hockeybuckeye applies to you as well. I look forward to shaking your hand sometime soon.

Comment

I bought a Chromecast at Microcenter last year so I could stream the games from my phone to my big screen tv.
          I just might have to do that. That would be great to stream the games on a bigger screen!

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

My reply to Hockeybuckeye applies to you as well. I look forward to shaking your hand sometime soon.
            Sounds good! I also look forward to that!

Comment

• Good win for the Buckeyes tonight but not unexpected. How awesome would it have been to have two players with hat tricks in the same game? I have a feeling it will happen this season and maybe more than once!

Comment

Good win for the Buckeyes tonight but not unexpected. How awesome would it have been to have two players with hat tricks in the same game? I have a feeling it will happen this season and maybe more than once!
                I was thinking the same thing and was cheering for Jenn Gardiner to get another goal in this one. The Buckeyes really flexed their muscles tonight against the Beavers in a dominating 7-0 win. Give Bemidji some credit, though, as they hung with the Buckeyes in the first period. The only goal of the first period was a power play goal from Ohio State's Liz Schepers, which turned out to be the game-winner. The first period ended with the Buckeyes outshooting Bemidji 21-2, but the Bucks were only up 1-0, so it was still anyone's game. That was not the case the final two periods as the Buckeyes got rolling and put the game away. Bemidji did come out and made a push in the second period, but Jenn Gardiner scored two goals to put Ohio State up 3-0 at the second intermission. The third period belonged to the Buckeyes as they added four more goals, one from Lauren Bernard, her first as a Buckeye, and a hat trick from Gabby Rosenthal to round out the scoring. The Buckeyes outshot Bemidji State 53-13 with Andrea Braendli and Quinn Kuntz combining to stop all 13 shots they faced to get the shutout. For Bemidji, Kerigan Dowhy got the start and stopped 29 of the 32 shots she faced. Lexi Baker came on in the third period and stopped 17 of the 21 shots she faced. The two teams are back at it tomorrow at 3:00 pm EST.

Comment

• Final Score From Friday, October 15th
                  Ohio State 7
                  Bemidji State 0

Hunting For Headgear

Hockey Hat Tricks are Happy Accomplishments. Stalking the Cap is a noble pursuit indeed. Friday's game turned into a 2 Player Derby for Millinery Magic.

Back to the start of the story. Heading out to pre-game warm-ups, the Buckeyes literally sprinted through the Ice Rink Lobby. No coming out flat for this one. It was a precursor of good things to come.

The game opened with a thrilling Buckeye Onslaught. Less thrilling from a Beaver perspective, of course. How thrilling? With dominant offensive zone time, OSU put up 21 SOG in the first period. BSU wound up with 2 SOG, but nothing on net at all until the waning moments of the opening session.

Still, Bemidji made it plenty hard to get the breakthrough goal.

Three Stars Of The Game: Decidedly Unofficial & Just For Fun

#3 Star: Liz Schepers, Ohio State
                  Liz was the first to break through the Beaver Dam. It took a power play opportunity to bust things open. The goal itself featured a slick passing play that went Bernard-Buglioni-Hauswirth-Schepers. The Savvy Schepers smartly camped out on the backdoor, in perfect position to complete the play.

#2 Star: Jennifer Gardiner, Ohio State
                  Back to our main story line, and the two linemates who toqued it out for Hat Trick honors. The competition turned out to be quite a good thing, as both players went +3 for the evening.

The second period belonged to Jenn, who bagged both of the goals in the middle stanza. The goals were rather similar, both generated by the offensive zone forecheck. In both cases, Gardiner secured the puck, charged the net and converted. The second goal was an especially nifty backhand.

#1 Star: Gabby Rosenthal, Ohio State
                  In the end, it was Gabby who enjoyed the Full Happy Meal. Rosenthal had a Pure Hat Trick, scoring 3 consecutive 3rd Period goals. All that productivity came in a space of only 8:18. Gabby capped the scoring off a brilliant stretch pass from Madison Bizal. The breakaway culminated with a smartly placed shot to the lower right hand corner. The puck appeared to glance off the right post on its way into the net.

Further solidifying her hold on the top spot, Rosenthal won 11 of the 16 face-offs she took. But the lasting memory will be that Gabby was the Milliner of the Match.

Confidential To ARM: A 3rd Stars Post With 3, & Only 3, Players! But you already noticed that.

Up Next: Buckeyes/Beavers Rematch at 3:01PM. Sadly, A Rare Absence For Me. But Fear Not. I'm Hoping To Do Some Make-Up Work On The Road This Season. And Of Course The 3 Stars Will Be Back For The St. Cloud Series.

Comment

A 3rd Stars Post With 3, & Only 3, Players!
                    To be fair, your "baker's trio" is mostly due to you graciously recognizing the accomplishments of the visitors. Sadly for the Beavers on this occasion, they didn't seem to accomplish much. Thanks for your faithful reporting!

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Well we lost out on the shutout today but still got the sweep. I was streaming it on my phone and had mic of the arena but no play by play announcer today unlike yesterday.

Comment

• The quality of the streaming looked a lot better at least on my phone but would it kill them to have the cameraman zoom in on the plays in front of the net? There also was no play by play guy today so I couldn't see the jersey numbers on the phone to know who was scoring.
                        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-16-2021, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• The Beavers were much more competitive today than they were last night, but the Buckeyes were able to win 3-1 and complete the sweep. All the scoring was done in the first two periods with Jenna Buglioni opening the scoring for Ohio State. Later in the first period, Sophie Jaques scored to put the Buckeyes up 2-0 and that is how the period ended. Gabby Rosenthal scored her 4th goal of the weekend to put the Buckeyes up 3-0. Taylor Nelson got Bemidji on the board with a goal late in the second period and the teams went into the second intermission with Ohio State leading 3-1. Neither team could find the back of the net in the third period and the game ended with a 3-1 Ohio State victory. The Buckeyes outshot the Beavers 27-14 in this one with Buckeye backstop Raygan Kirk stopping 13 of the 14 shots she faced. Bemidji netminder Hannah Hogenson stopped 24 of the 27 shots she faced. Bemidji returns home next weekend for a big non-league series against Clarkson. The Buckeyes will travel to Madison for a big showdown with Wisconsin.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            To be fair, your "baker's trio" is mostly due to you graciously recognizing the accomplishments of the visitors. Sadly for the Beavers on this occasion, they didn't seem to accomplish much. Thanks for your faithful reporting!
                            Thank you for the kind words. Coming from someone who contributes so greatly to USCHO, they mean a lot.

You're correct to suggest that it would have been tough to single out an individual Bemidji player in the Friday game. I was impressed with how the Beavers, as a team, never quit. But the lack of noteworthy individual accomplishments was certainly one reason that my write-up went the direction it did.

As for crediting visiting players, perhaps a little bit of ancient history is order. My 3 Stars Posts originally appeared on the WCHA league thread. As such, recognizing visiting players was part of my self-assigned mission. For better or worse, the WCHA thread became much less active for a period of years, so I moved the 3 Stars to the Buckeye thread. Made sense; all of the games I "cover" are Buckeye games. Still, when I made the move, I kept the mission exactly the same.

Nice to see the WCHA league thread is making a comeback. May it live long & prosper. But my 3 Stars Posts have found a home and are staying put.

Comment

The Buckeyes outshot the Beavers 27-14 in this one with Buckeye backstop Raygan Kirk stopping 13 of the 14 shots she faced. Bemidji netminder Hannah Hogenson stopped 24 of the 27 shots she faced.
                              If you have an opinion you'd like to share -- Did the Buckeyes skaters play more conservatively on Saturday, given the back-up keeper?

Comment

If you have an opinion you'd like to share -- Did the Buckeyes skaters play more conservatively on Saturday, given the back-up keeper?
                                That is an excellent question. I don't think they necessarily played more conservatively. I do think that they did not play as well yesterday as they had Friday, and Bemidji played better yesterday than they had Friday night. If you watched the interview with Coach after the game yesterday, she was not exactly thrilled with how we played yesterday. I don't think it was necessarily because we played more conservatively, but then, someone else who was at the game may have a different opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X