Ohio State Buckeyes 2021-2022 ... Destination: Happy Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    If all 4 lines keep contributing, will that make it an AAAA Game? (smiling emoticon here.)
    Sounds good to me! Love the depth this season!

Today's game was more competitive as I expected, but the Buckeyes were able to complete the sweep with a 4-1 win. Ohio State struck first with two goals in the opening frame from Lexi Templeman and Emily Curlett. Both of those were their first goals as Buckeyes! The teams went into the first intermission with the Buckeyes up 2-0. The Tommies got a goal from Abby Promersberger early in the second period to cut into Ohio State's lead, but the Buckeyes answered less than a minute later to regain their 2-goal advantage at 3-1. Later in the period, Gabby Rosenthal scored a shorthanded goal to give Ohio State a 4-1 lead. Neither team was able to light the lamp in the third period and that is how it ended. Ohio State outshot St. Thomas by a wide margin for the second night in a row, 52-15. Tommies netminder Alexa Dobchuk stopped 48 of the 52 shots she faced. Amanda Thiele got the start for Ohio State and stopped 14 of the 15 shots she faced. The Buckeyes will travel to Minneapolis next weekend to take on the Gophers. St. Thomas will return home and take on Bemidji State next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      The Buckeyes will travel to Minneapolis next weekend to take on the Gophers.
      Whow. So OSU has a games played and UM hasn't played any. Interesting.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Final Score From Saturday, September 25th
        Ohio State 4
        St. Thomas 1
        New Beginnings

This weekend St. Thomas arrived at the Division 1 Level Of Women's Hockey. It's a Grand thing. Even though the Tommies didn't win either game, that's how history will remember this weekend.

Sure, there will be those Doubting Thomas. The Tommies are on the Summit, yet it will be a while before they get to the Summit. But I see good things ahead for this program. Those of us in Columbus were privileged to get the first glimpse.

And of course I'm not forgetting about the Buckeyes. We certainly saw some greatness from our new players. Veterans though they may be.

Three Stars Of The Game: Decidedly Unofficial & Just For Fun

#3 Star: (tie) Lexi Templeman, Ohio State & Emily Curlett, Ohio State
        A pair of Graduate Transfers from Robert Morris scored key goals for the Buckeyes on Saturday. Lexi was wheeling and dealing all game long, often resulting in extended offensive zone time. Templeman opened the scoring from the slot, off a feed from Eve Savander.

The GWG came from Emily. Lauren Bernard shot from the point, and Curlett pounded in the second chance. With just a little puck luck, Emily would have had a second tally -- nailing the St. Thomas goalie in the shoulder with a blistering shot. There will be more goals to come.

Oh, and lest I forget, it was each player's First Goal as a Buckeye.

#2 Star: (tie) Lauren Bernard, Ohio State & Sophie Jaques, Ohio State
        The Buckeye Defense only allowed 1 goal all weekend long, so some recognition is a must. #18 & #19 were a highly effective 'D' Pair at both ends of the ice. Both have heavy shots from the point. Sophie, in fact, had 14 SOG for the weekend! As noted above, a Bernard Blast led to the GWG.

OK, I acknowledge that Jaques is a Buckeye Veteran. Her addition breaks my story line, if only just a bit. But hey, team work must be recognized. Both players finished Saturday's game at +3, which was unmatched by any other player.

Bernard's presence on the list gets me back on message. We welcome Lauren back home to Ohio after her time with Clarkson.

#1 Star: (tie) Abby Promersberger, St. Thomas; Anna Solheim, St. Thomas & Megan Cornell, St. Thomas
        The combined efforts of these three Tommies created their team's 1st Division 1 Goal. Even though you'd rather not have a goal against, you had to smile at the joyous celebration that followed.

The play began with a diving sweep check by Megan. It was a dual purpose play; effective defense and nice breakout pass for Anna. Solheim carried the puck into the Buckeye zone and took the initial shot. Enter Abby. Stopped on the first try, Promersberger persevered and scored on the rebound.

Sincere congratulations on your scoring play. Here's to hoping all three of you have many happy returns. Just not against the Buckeyes. (Winking Emoticon Here)

Confidential To Anna Solheim: For the Glory of our Own Green & White, and MV.

Up Next: Road Series Against The Golden Gophers.
        Last edited by pgb-ohio; 09-26-2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Whow. So OSU has a games played and UM hasn't played any. Interesting.
          Even a Badger fan may feel compelled to watch the OSU/MINN series if the schedule doesn't conflict with your games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            Even a Badger fan may feel compelled to watch the OSU/MINN series if the schedule doesn't conflict with your games.
            Hoping for 2 0-0 ties and each team getting -3 points for not scoring any goals.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Great win for us tonight. A lot of non calls this game on both sides but Minnesota getting away with most of them IMHO.
              DeGeorge was as instrumental for us tonight as she was last weekend and I was really hoping to see her with the hat trick.
              This loss isn't going to sit well with the Gophers and we'll have to play even harder tomorrow to have a chance at the sweep!

Comment

Great win for us tonight. A lot of non calls this game on both sides but Minnesota getting away with most of them IMHO.
                DeGeorge was as instrumental for us tonight as she was last weekend and I was really hoping to see her with the hat trick.
                This loss isn't going to sit well with the Gophers and we'll have to play even harder tomorrow to have a chance at the sweep!
                Totally agree on this being a great win! Some Gopher fans think we got the calls tonight, and maybe they are right, but I thought the bad non-calls went both ways. It was just a typically-officiated WCHA Women's Hockey game, and no one should really be surprised at that these days.

Ohio State took game one tonight by a final score of 4-2 in a hard-fought, physical game in Minneapolis earlier tonight. The Gophers opened the scoring in the first period on a goal by Peyton Hemp to take a 1-0 lead. The Buckeyes would answer later in the first period on a power play goal from Clair DeGeorge. The first period would end with the score knotted at 1. The Buckeyes came out firing in the second period and got goals from Jenna Buglioni and Clair DeGeorge to take a 3-1 lead into the second intermission. The Gophers got a late goal from Taylor Heise to pull within 6-5, but the Buckeyes would get an empty-netter less than a minute later from Paetyn Levis to make the final score 4-2. The Gophers won the shots on goal battle 36-26. Gopher goaltender Lauren Bench stopped 22 of the 25 shots she faced. Buckeye netminder Andrea Braendli stopped 34 of the 36 shots she faced to get the win. The two teams are back at it tomorrow with game time being 4:00 pm EST.

Comment

• Ohio State gets the sweep for the weekend but no shutouts. It sure seemed to me Minnesota spent most of the second in our zone and I wonder how coach felt about that. I sure don't want us when we play Wisconsin to be chasing the puck all over our end of the ice!
                  4 games, 4 wins - I like where this is going!

Comment

• Ohio State completed the sweep earlier today, beating the Gophers 4-1. The Buckeyes struck first with two goals in the first period from Sophie Jaques and Jennifer Gardiner. Ohio State added another goal in the second period from Sophie Jaques to take a 3-0 lead into the second intermission. Minnesota got on the board in the third period on a goal from Amy Potomak. Ohio State tacked on another goal from Jenna Buglioni to make the final score 4-1. The Buckeyes outshot the Gophers 31-29 in this one. Gopher netminder Skylar Vetter stopped 27 of the 31 shots she faced. Buckeye backstop Andrea Braendli saved 28 of the 29 shots she faced to get the win. The Buckeyes are off next weekend before returning home to take on Bemidji 10/15-10/16. Minnesota will travel to Duluth for a pair of games against UMD next weekend.

Comment

• I want to know why Mr.PGB's usual spot in the rafters at yesterday's men's game in the Schott wasn't available for him?

Comment

I want to know why Mr.PGB's usual spot in the rafters at yesterday's men's game in the Schott wasn't available for him?
                        Found a better spot. If you want to discuss further, let's do that face-to-face.

Comment

• Well it looks like women's college hockey is getting noticed. Our Sunday game at Wisconsin on the 24th is going to be broadcast on regular BTN!

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

Found a better spot. If you want to discuss further, let's do that face-to-face.
                            I am envious of Hockeybuckeye now because he knows who you are and I still don't. #LOL #SmileEmoji

Comment

Well it looks like women's college hockey is getting noticed. Our Sunday game at Wisconsin on the 24th is going to be broadcast on regular BTN!
                              Mrs 86 and I noticed that, too! Sounds like we will get to watch on a tv screen instead of the computer monitor on BTN+!

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

I am envious of Hockeybuckeye now because he knows who you are and I still don't. #LOL #SmileEmoji
                                Don't be sure of that, I only made a general empirical observation of something I noticed at the game which could correspond to Mr.PGB. If I ever do come upon someone's real identity who's on forum I would not reveal it respecting their privacy in the matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X