Ohio State Buckeyes 2021-2022 ... Destination: Happy Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State Buckeyes 2021-2022 ... Destination: Happy Valley

With less than 90 days until our home opening weekend vs WCHA newcomer St. Thomas on 9/24-9/25, I decided now was as good a time as any to get the upcoming season thread started. With the returning players who will be back, along with some talented transfers, this just might be the deepest team Coach Muzerall has fielded. We will miss the seniors who will not be with the team this season, but there will be plenty of talent at both ends of the ice for Coach Muzerall to call on. Should be an exciting season! Cannot wait to be there in person! Mrs 86 and I, for those who are not aware, we are not parents of a player, so we were not able to get to any of the home games last season. We did get to go to the WCHA Final Faceoff thanks to a very generous friend who gave us his tickets, so we were able to see two games in person! There were tickets available to the public for the quarterfinals and frozen four in Erie, but by the time they decided they could sell some tickets, it was too late for us to get days off and plan.

Another fine thread title. May this one prove to be as prophetic as last year's!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
      Another fine thread title. May this one prove to be as prophetic as last year's!
      Hello, Pgb, my Friend!! Nice to see you back here! I am so stoked to be able to be back at the games!! I said something on last season's thread so I will not repeat myself, but we sorely missed going to the games last season! The girls, the coaches, the program means so much to us! I was so proud of how they handled things last season and what they accomplished, but we sure missed being at the home games to cheer them on! Well, I will cut myself off for now. We will have plenty of time for more comments in less than 90 days!!

Comment

I wanted to let my friends here know I haven't been on forum lately due to other priorities with my being recently diagnosed with cancer. Depending on awaited test results the prognosis can be hopeful but surgery and a lot of down time will be required. My treatment is being handled by the Ohio State University Medical Center and if things go well I will be back at our games this fall. - GO BUCKS!
        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 07-14-2021, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          I wanted to let my friends here know i haven't been on forum lately due to other priorities with my being recently diagnosed with cancer. Depending on awaited test results the prognosis can be hopeful but surgery and a lot of down time will be required. My treatment is being handled by the Ohio State Medical Center and if things go well I will be back at our games this fall. - GO BUCKS!
          Positive thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post

Positive thoughts!
            Greatly appreciated!

Comment

My treatment is being handled by the Ohio State University Medical Center and if things go well I will be back at our games this fall. - GO BUCKS!
              Take care Buckeye. See you back here in due time.

Hope you are there to see the Buckeyes “welcome” the Tommies to NCAA D1 in the fall!

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

Take care Buckeye. See you back here in due time.

Hope you are there to see the Buckeyes “welcome” the Tommies to NCAA D1 in the fall!
                Thanks! I don't know how soon I can be out & about but was told two months after surgery before I can return to work in October.

Comment

I wanted to let my friends here know I haven't been on forum lately due to other priorities with my being recently diagnosed with cancer. Depending on awaited test results the prognosis can be hopeful but surgery and a lot of down time will be required. My treatment is being handled by the Ohio State University Medical Center and if things go well I will be back at our games this fall. - GO BUCKS!
                  God bless you, your family and your medical staff as you deal with this. Hopefully you will have a little downtime to chat with your forum friends from time to time. We all support you 100%.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

God bless you, your family and your medical staff as you deal with this. Hopefully you will have a little downtime to chat with your forum friends from time to time. We all support you 100%.
                    Thank you Timothy, I hope to be in better spirits post op in several weeks to be back here speculating on the upcoming season with everyone!

Comment

Thanks for letting us know Hockeybuckeye. Having gone through this when my wife had cancer and surgery a couple of years ago, I am familiar with what is ahead. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Hockeybuckeye, Sorry to learn that you're having to go through this. I pray for the best possible outcome for you.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I have been living the past 15 years knowing I have multiple myeloma (blood cancer) but not requiring treatment. That day will be coming when I start treatment. No cure but treatment options are available. Hope your surgery goes well. Good luck and hope to see your posts in the fall once again.
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            My thoughts and prayers are with you. I have been living the past 15 years knowing I have multiple myeloma (blood cancer) but not requiring treatment. That day will be coming when I start treatment. No cure but treatment options are available. Hope your surgery goes well. Good luck and hope to see your posts in the fall once again.
                            My dad has that and has been 20+ years with no need for treatment.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

My dad has that and has been 20+ years with no need for treatment.
                              I hope he can go another 20 years without treatment. It is very expensive with insurance and without insurance forget about it.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                              X