Ohio State Buckeyes 2021-2022 ... Destination: Happy Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I noticed OSU still has the same assistant coaches from last year. I don't think that's ever happened in the program since Muzzy took over?
    The coaches are taking that extra Covid year.

nah, they can smell a national championship. Muzzy says that’s their goal this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

The coaches are taking that extra Covid year.

nah, they can smell a national championship. Muzzy says that’s their goal this year.
      I think due to the covid deal, they the coaches spent a lot less time with each other last year than normal, so they are not burnt out of her yet. Players spend a lot less time with the coaches than the coaches to with each other, so at least they have that buffer from her.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by timothy a View Post

there's still time yet to make a change.
        lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

they can smell a national championship. Muzzy says that’s their goal this year.
          And everyone else's goal as well! We shall see.
          I'll be at our home opener a week from today along with my friend John Becker who wore the A on our first Ohio State men's team back in '63. That old barn was his home ice.
          I'm glad the game isn't today, getting a port installed today for 6 months follow up chemo!

Comment

I'll be at our home opener a week from today along with my friend John Becker who wore the A on our first Ohio State men's team back in '63. That old barn was his home ice.
            I'm glad the game isn't today, getting a port installed today for 6 months follow up chemo!
            Looks like chemo might end at the same time as the national tourney is going on or close it it. Keep up your spirits and keep that body battling! You are an inspiration to us.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Glad you are planning on making it to the game, and how cool that a former Buckeye on the men’s side will be there to cheer on the ladies. Hope you both enjoy it.

Best wishes in this next step of your treatment. Take care Buckeye!

Comment

I think a lot of us are very interested in how St.Thomas will do in their first season.
                Since we play them first I'll try to post an accurate assessment and I'm sure Mr. PGB will as well since he'll be there too, he's VERY through in his summaries.
                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 09-18-2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I think a lot of us are very interested in how St.Thomas will do in their first season.
                  Since we play them first I'll try to post an accurate assessment and I'm sure Mr. PGB will as well since he'll be there too, he's VERY through in his summaries.
                  Be sure to share all of your observations, regardless of anything I do.

People frequently refer to my "Three Stars" posts as summaries, but they're really not. My objective is to give credit to deserving players on both teams; to promote Women's Hockey in general; and the Women's WCHA in particular. I specifically choose to minimize or even ignore negatives. Yes, I try to "tell the story" of the game, but from a relentlessly positive point of view.

I hope it's obvious that I strive for accuracy within my chosen mission. But my posts aren't intended as comprehensive summaries, and they aren't.

An accounting of both the strengths & weaknesses of the new league member should be a good read. Have at it!

Comment

And I will get out the box scores this weekend and give my usual rundown of who scored and how many saves the goaltenders had. Mrs 86 and I are so stoked to actually be able to get to the games in person this season! Saw where the football game vs Akron is a night game (7:30 start). Maybe we can get some of the tailgaters to check out some OSU Women's Hockey! For those who are coming to the games this weekend, the start times are 6:00 pm EST Friday and 2:00 pm EST Saturday. Cannot wait to get there! I think St. Thomas will have a long season, but I think they will be more competitive than people may think. No team in this league should ever be overlooked. Joel Johnson will have his team ready to go. Cannot wait to get everything started!

Comment

My friend Dr.Becker is getting a trifecta this visit up from Florida. The OSU women's hockey game Friday night, the OSU football game on Saturday and to Cleveland on Sunday for the Browns game.

Comment

I had an unexpected pleasant experience today. I went to the women's rink today to browse the pro shop now that's it's finally open and our women's team was having a practice which I didn't know was happening so I watched a bit and liked what I saw immensely. Believe it or not I never really had an opportunity to meet Coach Nadine before and I got to chat with her for a few and I found her extremely pleasant and gracious. And let me tell you she's sharp too! Even though I never brought up the USCHO forums she quickly deduced I'm Hockeybuckeye which made me extremely grateful I'm a fan of hers and not a critique!
                        She wished me luck on the cancer and I wished her luck on the season. She may seem tough as nails when behind the bench but that sure isn't the impression you get when when you just talk with her.
                        This really made my day! (Big Grin)

Comment

I had an unexpected pleasant experience today. I went to the women's rink today to browse the pro shop now that's it's finally open and our women's team was having a practice which I didn't know was happening so I watched a bit and liked what I saw immensely. Believe it or not I never really had an opportunity to meet Coach Nadine before and I got to chat with her for a few and I found her extremely pleasant and gracious. And let me tell you she's sharp too! Even though I never brought up the USCHO forums she quickly deduced I'm Hockeybuckeye which made me extremely grateful I'm a fan of hers and not a critique!
                          She wished me luck on the cancer and I wished her luck on the season. She may seem tough as nails when behind the bench but that sure isn't the impression you get when when you just talk with her.
                          This really made my day! (Big Grin)
                          Wait...So you're saying the Muzzinator reads the forum?

If true, that is both awesome and terrifying at the same time!
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Wait...So you're saying the Muzzinator reads the forum?

If true, that is both awesome and terrifying at the same time!
                            Sitting here contemplating Mark Johnson reading the stuff here.... never in a million years. Just utterly inconceivable.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Sitting here contemplating Mark Johnson reading the stuff here.... never in a million years. Just utterly inconceivable.
                              Why is it inconceivable? Not saying he does or doesn’t. But I don’t think it’s inconceivable at all.

Justin Bourne wrote about this somewhere but I can’t find it. He was saying coaches in the pros read everything they can get their hands on. He was talking about his days working for the Marlies I think, and how coaches passed the time on the bus

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                inconceivable.
                                Inconceivalbe

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X