Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2021-2022 ... Destination: Happy Valley

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

    Brandli not as sharp against Canada today.
    I'd dispute that. If you saw what goals went in, as usual her defense was little or no help. When your opponents are allowed on the doorstep unopposed or if no one is lifting or tying up their sticks bad things happen if you're the goalie.

    Comment


    • #62
      Evidently, Brandli was let down by her teammates again today as the hated Finns put a 6-0 shellacking on the Swiss.
      Gopher Women's Hockey...Who stays and who goes? Evidently everyone stays but #16.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Evidently, Brandli was let down by her teammates again today as the hated Finns put a 6-0 shellacking on the Swiss.
        I think consistency is the one thing that has escaped her during her career to this point.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

          I think consistency is the one thing that has escaped her during her career to this point.
          I don't know Timothy A, she faced 200 shots in this tournament and stopped 181 of them for a .905 save percentage. I know that was not the best save percentage in the tournament, but I don't think consistency has been an issue for her. Maybe I am looking through my Scarlet & Gray glasses. It was a great tournament and although I was rooting for my USA Women, it's always nice to see Buckeyes (Spooner & Maltais) get gold. That gold medal game last night was a WCHA who's who! I was commenting to Mrs 86 about all those girls that we had seen play in the OSU Ice Rink at one point or another through the years.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
            I don't know Timothy A, she faced 200 shots in this tournament and stopped 181 of them for a .905 save percentage. I know that was not the best save percentage in the tournament, but I don't think consistency has been an issue for her. Maybe I am looking through my Scarlet & Gray glasses. It was a great tournament and although I was rooting for my USA Women, it's always nice to see Buckeyes (Spooner & Maltais) get gold. That gold medal game last night was a WCHA who's who! I was commenting to Mrs 86 about all those girls that we had seen play in the OSU Ice Rink at one point or another through the years.
            I was thinking back to the OSU fans in recent years lamenting losing to teams that they should not have as the spark to that thought. Just making conversation during the off-season. Smileyface.

            It was great to see the wwcha players get the gold, I was especially happy for ARD, but as an American it was a bummer to lose to them.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

              I don't know Timothy A, she faced 200 shots in this tournament and stopped 181 of them for a .905 save percentage. I know that was not the best save percentage in the tournament, but I don't think consistency has been an issue for her. Maybe I am looking through my Scarlet & Gray glasses. It was a great tournament and although I was rooting for my USA Women, it's always nice to see Buckeyes (Spooner & Maltais) get gold. That gold medal game last night was a WCHA who's who! I was commenting to Mrs 86 about all those girls that we had seen play in the OSU Ice Rink at one point or another through the years.
              I would also add many of the shots that got through were because her defense in front of the net was terrible, letting opponents attack the net or set up for the deflection. There's only so much humanly possible a goalie can do at that point.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                I would also add many of the shots that got through were because her defense in front of the net was terrible, letting opponents attack the net or set up for the deflection. There's only so much humanly possible a goalie can do at that point.
                You have low standards LOL.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                  You have low standards LOL.
                  Well we're a week & a half out from first games, nervous yet about the upcoming season Timothy? (Big Grin)

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    Well we're a week & a half out from first games, nervous yet about the upcoming season Timothy? (Big Grin)
                    Yeah Muzzy still scares the crap out of me, but at least we don't go to OSU right out of the gate. I definitely like getting 6 salads ahead of the proteinish UMD/OSU back to backs to get a little gelling going on. I see no reason why the regular season title won't come down to the last series of the year in the great state of Ohio as long as both teams play to their potential. Of course the elephant in the room are the rodents. Lots of unknowns with them. I don't think we can ever write Frosty off.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Which transfer do people think will have the greatest impact for OSU? I would say DeGeorge, but I may be biased by having watched her more than the others.

                      EDIT: I see Kelsey Cline is director of hockey ops; Muzzy sure likes former Gophers.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Which transfer do people think will have the greatest impact for OSU? I would say DeGeorge,
                        They got HER??? I must have missed that or just forgot. That's an awesome pick-up there. She's easily a top 6 F, right? With talent around her she will have a huuuge year.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          Which transfer do people think will have the greatest impact for OSU? I would say DeGeorge, but I may be biased by having watched her more than the others.

                          EDIT: I see Kelsey Cline is director of hockey ops; Muzzy sure likes former Gophers.
                          Potentially Raygan Kirk, who may be the starter while Braendli is at Olympics. This team is one of the most interesting national stories this year imo. Can’t wait to see what they look like without Maltais. Plus how quick can they get assimilated - 8 transfers and 1 freshman by my count.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                            They got HER??? I must have missed that or just forgot. That's an awesome pick-up there. She's easily a top 6 F, right? With talent around her she will have a huuuge year.
                            Yes OSU scored some good players as transfers but I hear she has “decommitted” up to 4 top 2022 recruits (maybe more) so there’s a price. Long term planning may not be the coach’s strongsuit- but maybe that’s not her goal either. Win this year and think about the future later?

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I noticed OSU still has the same assistant coaches from last year. I don't think that's ever happened in the program since Muzzy took over?

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                I noticed OSU still has the same assistant coaches from last year. I don't think that's ever happened in the program since Muzzy took over?
                                There's still time yet to make a change.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X