Ohio State Buckeyes 2021-2022 ... Destination: Happy Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I don't see how she can do both at the same time.
    If you mean literally at the same time, then you would be right, for once. Kelter did soccer and hockey for UW. Kenzie Kent played lacrosse for BC. It can't be that different.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
      If you mean literally at the same time, then you would be right, for once. Kelter did soccer and hockey for UW. Kenzie Kent played lacrosse for BC. It can't be that different.
      Alev and Derya Kelter didn't do both "at the same time". They played soccer until the soccer season (and at least once, post-season) ended, and only then did they join the hockey team.

Comment

• Good luck to Webster. Imagine being good enough at sports to be D1 in 2 sports! Amazing. The challenge will be for the 2 coaches to lead and have it figured out what is the priority, when, rather than having Webster figure out what the priority is. And, to have the teammates buy in.

Doesn’t seem impossible, doesn’t seem easy either.

Excited to see post Olympics Maltais with this crew.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          Alev and Derya Kelter didn't do both "at the same time". They played soccer until the soccer season (and at least once, post-season) ended, and only then did they join the hockey team.
          I guess it wasn't clear to me that Webster intends to do more than that, just that the timing of her transition wasn't decided yet. It would seem to put the athlete in a tough position to enter a given week where both coaches are hoping that she picks their sport to be her primary focus. I agree that it will be interesting to see how this works out.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
            Imagine being good enough at sports to be D1 in 2 sports! Amazing.

I mentioned it the last time this all came up, but it's worth repeating.

After Alev Kelter graduated, she took up rugby. And by 2015 she was playing on the US national team at the Pan Am Games, and in the 2016 Olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I deeply apologize for my absence for being gone for so long but over a half dozen doctors have said I wasn't supposed to live and that I'm a true medical miracle. 5 months in the hospital with half of that in the ICU at The James!
              I was actually able to watch us win our National Champion from my hospital bed. It pretty much brought tears to my eyes, a genuine bright spot in a year of hell.
              I'm truly dumbfounded Coach Nadine asked about me! I don't have the words to describe my admiration and respect for her, God Bless her. I'd really love to have the opportunity to thank and congratulate her in person for not only our National Championship but what she's done for her players that they'll carry with them the rest of their lives.
              Hockeybuckeye, I am late getting on here and reading this, but first off, no need to apologize for your absence! We are all just so glad you are here and are getting better!! You take care of yourself! We have a title to defend this season!

Comment

Working...
              X