Ohio State Buckeyes 2021-2022 ... Destination: Happy Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post

I don’t understand the connection between vaccines and transferring schools. Are players leaving because of a school’s vaccine policy?
    That's my understanding but its 4th hand so don't put a lot of stock in that.

Comment

I don’t understand the connection between vaccines and transferring schools. Are players leaving because of a school’s vaccine policy?
      Yes
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Yes
        So are players actually transferring out of BC because BC is requiring students to be vaccinated? If so, that’s ridiculous. On the one hand student athletes are jumping at the chance to take a 5th year of eligibility due to Covid (and some are really milking it) yet they’re objecting to a college vaccine mandate? Sorry, not trying to be “political” but that’s a little hypocritical imo. Using Covid/vaccines as an excuse to leave because you’re unhappy at a school...if you don’t want to be there, then transfer. But dont blame it on Covid/vaccines.

Comment

So are players actually transferring out of BC because BC is requiring students to be vaccinated?
          100%. We just had a men's player do the same thing (going to Lake State), as well as a football player a couple weeks back (going to Arkansas State). I wrote an article about this stuff coming down the pipe a couple weeks ago. I know for a fact that all three players left because of the vaccine mandate.

If so, that's ridiculous.
          It sure is. Pretty sad.

Using Covid/vaccines as an excuse to leave because you're unhappy at a school...if you don't want to be there, then transfer. But dont blame it on Covid/vaccines.
          Trust me I hear you on this but let's just say there are extremely... mmmm let's say *forceful* anti-vax sentiment among certain folks. I can tell you for sure that Hartmetz went through more than one vaccine exemption request and really didn't want to leave. Ohio State is obviously great school so this statement doesn't quite apply the same -- but I can assure you folks aren't giving up a BC education to get degrees from Lake State and freaking Arkansas State without being pretty off the deep end politically.

Nonetheless... if you don't want to get the vaccine, best wishes to you. We'll move on with the players that do.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            I wanted to let my friends here know I haven't been on forum lately due to other priorities with my being recently diagnosed with cancer. Depending on awaited test results the prognosis can be hopeful but surgery and a lot of down time will be required. My treatment is being handled by the Ohio State University Medical Center and if things go well I will be back at our games this fall. - GO BUCKS!
            Hockeybuckeye, sending love and hugs your way! Hope to see you at the games soon!

Comment

I wanted to let my friends here know I haven't been on forum lately due to other priorities with my being recently diagnosed with cancer. Depending on awaited test results the prognosis can be hopeful but surgery and a lot of down time will be required. My treatment is being handled by the Ohio State University Medical Center and if things go well I will be back at our games this fall. - GO BUCKS!
              God Speed! I hope everything turns out for you as well as it did for my 16 years ago. You'll be in my thoughts.

Comment

Guess what? Found out my surgery is scheduled for the 13th hour of Friday the 13th!
                Good thing for me hockey players and their fans aren't superstitious, right?
                Again, thanks to all for the prayers & well wishes!

Comment

Players going to National Team development.

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/buckey...mer-festivals/

Comment

Guess what? Found out my surgery is scheduled for the 13th hour of Friday the 13th!
                    Good thing for me hockey players and their fans aren't superstitious, right?
                    Again, thanks to all for the prayers & well wishes!
                    just want to say good luck tomorrow buckeye!
                    Was thinking about 13 and women’s hockey.... it’s the jersey number worn by both Julie Chu and Caroline Oeullette, a couple of greats. Not bad company :-)

Comment

Players going to National Team development.

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/buckey...mer-festivals/
                      Seven players! Whew, those are approaching Minnesota and Wisco numbers.

Comment

Former Ohio State player Emma (Laaksonen) Terho Elected Chair of IOC Athletes’ Commission

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/w-hockey/

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

Was thinking about 13 and women’s hockey.... it’s the jersey number worn by both Julie Chu and Caroline Oeullette, a couple of greats. Not bad company :-)
                          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                            Echoing the same thoughts for the surgery Hockeybuckeye will go through tomorrow...
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Echoing the same thoughts for the surgery Hockeybuckeye will go through tomorrow...
                              Make it one more.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                Make it one more.
                                Thanks! (Thumbs up)

Comment

Working...
                                X