Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    We'll today I got to see Coach Muzerall and let her know in person how I'm doing. She told me at some point I'll get to hold our National Championship trophy - I couldn't be happier!!

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    Likewise glad to hear you're getting better, have made it out to the far side of your ordeal.

I'd be interested to hear whatever details you're willing to share with regard to the type of cancer, and treatment(s) etc. I have a pretty strong familial history of pancreatic cancer (and I get screened annually); my sister just passed four years into her 'medical miracle' of surviving pancreatic cancer with no signs or recurrence and no treatment needed. Likewise, coincidently, the woman who sits immediately in front of me at Wisconsin volleyball, also pancreatic cancer, also in the 4-5 year survivor range with no ongoing issues.
    My brother broke a rib in an accident he had last year at work. They did a CT scan to confirm nothing more serious happened. The scan showed a growth on his pancreas that a subsequent biopsy showed it to be "pre-cancerous". My brother decided to have it out. The Dr in an 11 hour operation removed the growth and a subsequent more detailed biopsy revealed that it would definitely have turned malignant if left in and watched. The dr said he was one lucky guy breaking his rib when he did.

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    Likewise glad to hear you're getting better, have made it out to the far side of your ordeal.

I'd be interested to hear whatever details you're willing to share with regard to the type of cancer, and treatment(s) etc. I have a pretty strong familial history of pancreatic cancer (and I get screened annually); my sister just passed four years into her 'medical miracle' of surviving pancreatic cancer with no signs or recurrence and no treatment needed. Likewise, coincidently, the woman who sits immediately in front of me at Wisconsin volleyball, also pancreatic cancer, also in the 4-5 year survivor range with no ongoing issues.
    Last edited by robertearle; 07-06-2022, 11:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    So good to hear from you again, Hockeybuckeye.

I don't know what exactly creepy internet real physical friends are but if we, as posters on this forum, get to see more posts from you, then that is a win in my book!

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I deeply apologize for my absence for being gone for so long but over a half dozen doctors have said I wasn't supposed to live and that I'm a true medical miracle. 5 months in the hospital with half of that in the ICU at The James!
    I was actually able to watch us win our National Champion from my hospital bed. It pretty much brought tears to my eyes, a genuine bright spot in a year of hell.
    I'm truly dumbfounded Coach Nadine asked about me! I don't have the words to describe my admiration and respect for her, God Bless her. I'd really love to have the opportunity to thank and congratulate her in person for not only our National Championship but what she's done for her players that they'll carry with them the rest of their lives.
    Apologize? No need for that my friend. I (we) am (are) truly relieved you are ok! I was starting to have sad thoughts after your triumphant post a few months ago. God still wants you on this side of Heaven and we will take you with open arms. Most importantly your family and not creepy internet real physical friends can enjoy your company longer. Praise the Lord!

Leave a comment:

• shelfit
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I deeply apologize for my absence for being gone for so long but over a half dozen doctors have said I wasn't supposed to live and that I'm a true medical miracle. 5 months in the hospital with half of that in the ICU at The James!
    I was actually able to watch us win our National Champion from my hospital bed. It pretty much brought tears to my eyes, a genuine bright spot in a year of hell.
    I'm truly dumbfounded Coach Nadine asked about me! I don't have the words to describe my admiration and respect for her, God Bless her. I'd really love to have the opportunity to thank and congratulate her in person for not only our National Championship but what she's done for her players that they'll carry with them the rest of their lives.
    The hockey community is a small one. The women's hockey community even smaller, so even though we've never met and don't know each other, I want to say I'm so glad to hear you're doing well, and I hope you continue on a positive path, and I know I'm not alone in wishing you nothing but good health.

This post of yours is great for so many different reasons, but the one line that stood out to me is that you're a true medical miracle. So I think it's more than fitting to quote the immortal words of Al Michaels, "Do you believe in miracles? YES!!!!" I know I believe in them, and here you are, proof that they do exist! God bless you!

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

In other news, I heard from Coach Muzerall recently and she asked about Hockeybuckeye. She sincerely wanted to know how he was doing. Hockeybuckeye, if you are better, let us know. Or, if anyone has heard from Hockeybuckeye, let us know.
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 07-05-2022, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    Assistant Coach Zoe Hickel has taken a position with the Coachella Valley Firebirds (AHL affiliate of the Seattle Kraken). She will be missed here! We wish her the best in her new endeavor.

https://cvfirebirds.com/team/#ops

It will be interesting to see who Coach Muzerall brings in to replace her. Thankfully it is early enough in the offseason that there is plenty of time to bring someone in.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    In other news, I heard from Coach Muzerall recently and she asked about Hockeybuckeye. She sincerely wanted to know how he was doing. Hockeybuckeye, if you are better, let us know. Or, if anyone has heard from Hockeybuckeye, let us know.
    He posted right after the final, then I haven't seen anything since, though I have not be in this thread too much since.

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

Maybe in other conferences there was a lack of respect, but certainly not in the WCHA. We all know where the Buckeyes stood. But speaking of disrespect, I think any team that looks at the Beavers as an easy 3 points is going be in for an unpleasant awakening.
    I tend to agree with you that the disrespect was more of a national thing than it was inside our league. My thought on the whole respect thing is anyone who disrespects any team in our league does so at their own peril. We missed out on the NCAA Tournament in 2019 because we went 1-3 vs the Beavers and lost games to other teams we should not have lost to. I don't think there are any easy outs in our league. Our only league losses this season were to the Minnesota, UMD, Wisconsin, and the one game against Bemidji. We ended up winning the "rubber matches" against UMD and Wisconsin when we got into the postseason, but we went 2-2 against them in the regular season. We went 4-1 against the Gophers when you include the postseason, but later in the season when they had started to gel, they came into Columbus and got a split with us. Truly, the WCHA is the best league in the country. We prove it year in and year out. I am still very thrilled that our program was able to join Minnesota, Minnesota-Duluth, and Wisconsin in the exclusive "National Champion" club.

Last edited by osualum86; 04-12-2022, 11:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Steamboat
    replied

Really good point about that Bemidji game. I think this team actually was disrespected all season and they used that as motivation. I don't recall anyone mentioning Ohio State and National Title in the same sentence until maybe the selection show when they were the #1 overall seed and Angela Ruggiero predicted the Buckeyes would win it all. Should be a great challenge next season with Minnesota-Duluth getting the Frozen Four at Amsoil Arena. They will be a tough out at home if they make it to the Frozen Four. Most of our players will be back next season, not to mention we will get Team Canada Gold Medal winner Emma Maltais back. Gonna be fun to see her playing for the Buckeyes one more season!
    Maybe in other conferences there was a lack of respect, but certainly not in the WCHA. We all know where the Buckeyes stood. But speaking of disrespect, I think any team that looks at the Beavers as an easy 3 points is going be in for an unpleasant awakening.

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    Originally posted by NMH View Post

I talked to Levis after the game about the loss in Bemidji and how it basically cost them the regular season title. Even though it wasn't a big deal in the scheme of things, she said that game sort of shook them up a bit. They needed some "adversity" - generally Muzzy and this team function well thinking of themselves as disrespected underdogs. Truth or not, it was a good motivator for them. But I think having the mindset of "overcoming" that loss and then the Quinnipiac game worked well for them.

It's similar to how the loss to Minnesota in the WCHA semi was a wake up call for UMD
    Really good point about that Bemidji game. I think this team actually was disrespected all season and they used that as motivation. I don't recall anyone mentioning Ohio State and National Title in the same sentence until maybe the selection show when they were the #1 overall seed and Angela Ruggiero predicted the Buckeyes would win it all. Should be a great challenge next season with Minnesota-Duluth getting the Frozen Four at Amsoil Arena. They will be a tough out at home if they make it to the Frozen Four. Most of our players will be back next season, not to mention we will get Team Canada Gold Medal winner Emma Maltais back. Gonna be fun to see her playing for the Buckeyes one more season!
    Last edited by osualum86; 04-05-2022, 01:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    Originally posted by NMH View Post

I totally forgot to come check the boards to see who was at the games, so I'm sorry I didn't come say hi to anyone. I barely saw my friends/family while they were in Pegula.

That being said, my husband was also on a knee scooter and he and my friends were so happy to tell me another lady there was on one, as well and that my husband and her shared a sort of chagrined commiserating look. I'm guessing that was Mrs. 86.
    I think I remember that, and it probably was Mrs 86! Thankfully the pin is out of her foot now and she is getting around without knee scooters or crutches!

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    I know of another family that had the same situation. After a fair amount of complaining, they were given a spot in the top row, on the side. That single row of seats came with individual chairs and a continuous table top. I presume those are usually premium seats. Or maybe they're normally used by the media. But they were perfect for someone in a wheelchair. Or using a knee walker.

Anyhow, I wish I had known to coach you up on that.
    We were told we could go set there and went to set there, then were chased out because "we didn't have credentials." We should have been more vocal about it. Fast forward to now, Mrs. 86 got the pin taken out of her foot last Thursday and is now able to walk around, so next season we will be able to sit in normal seats with everyone else!

Leave a comment:

• pgb-ohio
    replied
    Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Ohio State’s Nadine Muzerall is USCHO’s 2022 Coach of the Year

Was there any doubt?
    "Congratulations to this year’s USCHO Coach of the Year, Nadine Muzerall."

https://www.uscho.com/2022/03/31/wom...h-of-the-year/
    That's an insightful & well-written article. Thank you, ARM.

And thanks to D2D for placing the link in the Buckeye thread.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X