Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2021-2022 ... Destination: Happy Valley

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

    I've got my calendar cleared for our rematch in our old barn in February. If you ever get here TimothyA we'll have to get together. You may even get to meet the mysterious man behind the curtain, the ever insightful Mr.PGB.
    Would love to see Timothy A make it down to Columbus for the Wisconsin series!

    I have a question for Mr. PGB when he is on here. When are we going to raise the banner for the 2021 Frozen Four appearance? Normally, those things are done the first home game of the season, but we have not done that yet.

    Does anyone know why that has not been done? I thought maybe they were waiting until this weekend since it is Alumni Weekend, but who knows. Just seemed strange to me. Last time we went to the Frozen Four (2018), that banner got raised at the home opener for the 2018-19 season. We didn't win it all that season or this past season, but getting to the Frozen Four is still a great accomplishment.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

      Would love to see Timothy A make it down to Columbus for the Wisconsin series!
      If he does I just hope he has a second vehicle besides his beloved Mustang. Not my first choice for a winter road trip from Wisconsin to Ohio!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        Does anyone know why that has not been done? I thought maybe they were waiting until this weekend since it is Alumni Weekend, but who knows. Just seemed strange to me. Last time we went to the Frozen Four (2018), that banner got raised at the home opener for the 2018-19 season. We didn't win it all that season or this past season, but getting to the Frozen Four is still a great accomplishment.
        Pure speculation, but one difference between 2021 and 2018 is that as of 2018, OSU had never won a championship of any kind, so that was a new opportunity. In 2020, you won the WCHA Championship, so that changed. Muzzy is coming from a program where banners might hang for achievements like making the NCAAs or the FF, but there isn't a ceremony for them (i.e., banner drops are only for championships). She could potentially be trying to make that the expectation at tOSU.

        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          If he does I just hope he has a second vehicle besides his beloved Mustang. Not my first choice for a winter road trip from Wisconsin to Ohio!
          Correct, the Pony will be in the barn for the winter. I'm getting a little sad thinking about putting it away for the winter. I bought it right before the used car shortage, I bet I could sell it now for 5000 more than Watts I paid for it, but it's too unique to replace and of course I would be buying high even in spring probably. It would be the F150 or the MKX. The trip is just SO long from my town to Columbus, 8 1/2 hrs that it would be hard to make that a practical weekend trip for a working schlub like me (and the wife). I sure would like to get back to Dayton and into the Air Force Museum again. I could spend days in there and not get bored.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

            Correct, the Pony will be in the barn for the winter. I'm getting a little sad thinking about putting it away for the winter. I bought it right before the used car shortage, I bet I could sell it now for 5000 more than Watts I paid for it, but it's too unique to replace and of course I would be buying high even in spring probably. It would be the F150 or the MKX. The trip is just SO long from my town to Columbus, 8 1/2 hrs that it would be hard to make that a practical weekend trip for a working schlub like me (and the wife). I sure would like to get back to Dayton and into the Air Force Museum again. I could spend days in there and not get bored.
            Yeah, I have a special passion for the AF museum. My father was on the B-17's in the war and my daughter is in the AF reserves. Getting promoted to E5! I like to wear my dad's silver wings in honor of him when I'm there.
            If you do make it here I'm sure OSUalum86 would be in on with me taking you across the street to the Varsity Club bar for some brews and eats where we could talk hockey to our heart's content! Perhaps some time off work for the drive and games and a full day for the museum?
            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-26-2021, 02:53 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              Yeah, I have a special passion for the AF museum. My father was on the B-17's in the war and my daughter is in the AF reserves. Getting promoted to E5! I like to wear my dad's silver wings in honor of him when I'm there.
              A B17 crewman. Wow, talk about putting your life in God's hands. There's nowhere to hide up there. Much respect from this WWII buff. I fell in love with the Mustang car because I fell in love with the Mustang airplane as a young lad. There's no more beautiful shape in the world than a P51D.

              I have 2 nieces and 1 nephew who are lifers in the AF. The nephew is a tanker re-fueling boom instructor and was sent to Afghanistan to refuel the evacuation aircraft during the withdrawal. Again much respect to your daughter and her service as well.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                A B17 crewman. Wow, talk about putting your life in God's hands. There's nowhere to hide up there. Much respect from this WWII buff. I fell in love with the Mustang car because I fell in love with the Mustang airplane as a young lad. There's no more beautiful shape in the world than a P51D.

                I have 2 nieces and 1 nephew who are lifers in the AF. The nephew is a tanker re-fueling boom instructor and was sent to Afghanistan to refuel the evacuation aircraft during the withdrawal. Again much respect to your daughter and her service as well.
                I know we're off the hockey topic here but first, my thanks to your family who serve.
                I wanted to say when they were alive I met and shook the hands of Paul Tibbits, commander of the Enola Gay, Fred Olivi, 3rd pilot Nagasaki bomber Bockscar, Walt Morgan, pilot of the Memphis Bell.
                I really missed out on not going to California with my mother to visit her cousin. Her husband was a marine fighter pilot in the Pacific theater and their regular weekend dinner guests were Pappy Boyington and Jimmy Doolittle and JOHN WAYNE lived next door! BTW, not many people know this but in the 1937 film Idol of the Crowds John Wayne was a HOCKEY PLAYER! (Big Grin)
                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-27-2021, 08:21 PM.

                Comment


                • It's been said before but...The little gems you learn on this forum are worth the time spent on here. Thanks for sharing your conversation, TimothyA and Hockeybuckeye.
                  Gopher Women's Hockey...Who stays and who goes? Evidently everyone stays but #16.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    I know we're off the hockey topic here but first, my thanks to your family who serve.
                    I wanted to say when they were alive I met and shook the hands of Paul Tibbits, commander of the Enola Gay, Fred Olivi, 3rd pilot Nagasaki bomber Bockscar, Walt Morgan, pilot of the Memphis Bell.
                    I really missed out on not going to California with my mother to visit her cousin. Her husband was a marine fighter pilot in the Pacific theater and their regular weekend dinner guests were Pappy Boyington and Jimmy Doolittle and JOHN WAYNE lived next door! BTW, not many people know this but in the 1937 film Idol of the Crowds John Wayne was a HOCKEY PLAYER! (Big Grin)
                    Amazing. You may be the most interesting person in the forum, you and Robert Earle. A few years ago he told some can't believe it stories just like you posted above. Wow.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      It's been said before but...The little gems you learn on this forum are worth the time spent on here. Thanks for sharing your conversation, TimothyA and Hockeybuckeye.
                      I appreciate it. I like to go off scrip as you all know, but I honestly feel like we are all friends, though we want our teams to destroy each other and we may have different viewpoints on non-hockey things. Life in this microscopic women's forum is how life should be everywhere. We don't have to agree on everything, but we can respect each other, discuss and have a little fun. I used to go into the Cafe years ago, but it has become an intolerant hate pool of negativity. There is no way to have a respectful reasonable discussion anymore in there.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        ...I honestly feel like we are all friends, though we want our teams to destroy each other and we may have different viewpoints on non-hockey things.
                        So we disagree about hockey and we disagree about everything else? Sounds like a good basis for the perfect friendship. However, I would agree with you. I've met quite a few people through the forum, both men's and women's fans, and you can find common ground with just about anyone. If they like hockey, then they can't be all bad.

                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                          I appreciate it. I like to go off scrip as you all know, but I honestly feel like we are all friends, though we want our teams to destroy each other and we may have different viewpoints on non-hockey things. Life in this microscopic women's forum is how life should be everywhere. We don't have to agree on everything, but we can respect each other, discuss and have a little fun. I used to go into the Cafe years ago, but it has become an intolerant hate pool of negativity. There is no way to have a respectful reasonable discussion anymore in there.
                          Hear, hear! Well said!

                          Comment


                          • I do enjoy and respect most people here but I'll admit I did go through a period years ago when I used to troll the Miami fans because they were so arrogant and insufferable but they've all vanished with Miami's decline. And my son is a Miami alum as well!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                              Amazing. You may be the most interesting person in the forum, you and Robert Earle. A few years ago he told some can't believe it stories just like you posted above. Wow.
                              I feel embarrassed but thank you for the compliment! Just get here for the games and we'll swap stories in person. Would love to meet you. Could tell you some things about your Mustang you may not know, my cousin retired a year ago as an engineer at Ford.

                              Comment


                              • It will be interesting on the return trip to OSU to see how Muzzy matches lines with the last change. I wish I could have paid close attention to Watts MJ did in that regards, but I don't know OSU's line-up and even if I did my brain can't process that fast and recall Watts I saw.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X