Clear All

• Robert Morris dropping hockey

Awful
    https://www.rmu.edu/about/news/hockey-info
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Oh man. How incredibly sad, as far as hockey things go.

Comment

Its incredibly obnoxious and insensitive for them to drop the sports immediately and at this time of the year. I fully understand a school making such a decision but to drop it out of the blue and make if effective immediately really disadvantages the student athletes as they now have to scramble to find a place to play.

Comment

Unbelievable, I feel for all of those who will be affected. Terrible news

Comment

That is awful news and timing, and make one really feel for all the impacted student athletes. Had they made this announcement earlier, I'm assuming it would have opened up more opportunities for these players to find a spot elsewhere.

Comment

What the hell is "...as part of a series of strategic initiatives intended to position the university to be amongst the most agile and professionally focused schools in the nation" even supposed to mean? Sounds like a mouthful of mush. Well, transfer portal, stand by for the crush.

Now the CHA is down to five teams.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
              What the hell is "...as part of a series of strategic initiatives intended to position the university to be amongst the most agile and professionally focused schools in the nation" even supposed to mean? Sounds like a mouthful of mush. Well, transfer portal, stand by for the crush.

Well, down to three D-I teams and two teams that would be much better off going D-III especially RIT since they are a D-III school and used to play in D-III. I think it's time for them to go back to their roots. I don't even think they'd be top 5 in D-III right now.

Anyhow, this is shocking news and I feel so bad for all the players and coaches for both the women's and men's teams. It would have been even more shocking and hugely disappointing if it had been only the women's team getting dropped like they did at Niagara. That was a total farce and complete insult to our sport.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post

Well, down to three D-I teams and two teams that would be much better off going D-III especially RIT since they are a D-III school and used to play in D-III. I think it's time for them to go back to their roots. I don't even think they'd be top 5 in D-III right now.

Anyhow, this is shocking news and I feel so bad for all the players and coaches for both the women's and men's teams. It would have been even more shocking and hugely disappointing if it had been only the women's team getting dropped like they did at Niagara. That was a total farce and complete insult to our sport.
                So the CHA will lose their auto bid? Or does some other school jump into the conference? LIU maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post

So the CHA will lose their auto bid? Or does some other school jump into the conference? LIU maybe?
                  I only know the DIII bylaws as that's the league I follow. If the rules are the same the CHA would have two "grace period" seasons where they would keep the autobid as they try to get their membership back to enough teams to qualify for an automatic berth. So 23-24 would be the first one with no autobid if they don't fix it.

Comment

Robert DeGregorio is the commissioner for both the CHA and NEWHA, so I'm guessing he makes something happen to slide a NEWHA team over into the CHA to keep the autobid.

Comment

Robert DeGregorio is the commissioner for both the CHA and NEWHA, so I'm guessing he makes something happen to slide a NEWHA team over into the CHA to keep the autobid.
                      That would be a conflict of interest for him. He would have to hold whichever school that jumps to their bylaws in terms of exiting unless he had support of the ADs/Presidents of the NEWHA schools...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

I only know the DIII bylaws as that's the league I follow. If the rules are the same the CHA would have two "grace period" seasons where they would keep the autobid as they try to get their membership back to enough teams to qualify for an automatic berth. So 23-24 would be the first one with no autobid if they don't fix it.
                        This would be tremendous and welcome news.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I agree Zed. What a pathetic mish-mash of an explanation. Cornell, Harvard, Princeton etc fit that description to a ‘T’ and have both men’s and women’s hockey. Many, if not all schools take pride in their academics and have these athletics. Such a BS excuse for the players and staff.
                          Last edited by slapshot willy; 05-26-2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

What the hell is "...as part of a series of strategic initiatives intended to position the university to be amongst the most agile and professionally focused schools in the nation" even supposed to mean? Sounds like a mouthful of mush.
                            I just hate when "smart" people get in a room and try come up with the absolute best reasons for doing something that is very controversial and produce all this steaming horse crap. And in the meantime they crap on a couple hundred people who are in no position to make any agile career or professional move due to the horrible timing.

Why don't the current conferences just absorb the teams and the cha goes bye bye. Realistically the cha's autobid slot was taking an opportunity away from more deserving at large team.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I just hate when "smart" people get in a room and try come up with the absolute best reasons for doing something that is very controversial and produce all this steaming horse crap. And in the meantime they crap on a couple hundred people who are in no position to make any agile career or professional move due to the horrible timing.

Why don't the current conferences just absorb the teams and the cha goes bye bye. Realistically the cha's autobid slot was taking an opportunity away from more deserving at large team.
                              I just wish the smart people in the room would say “we just don’t care about hockey” rather than gobbledygook. Need friends in high places.

As for the CHA taking a more deserving teams spot in the tourney, nah. Come join the CHA if you want that autobid. It’s College Hockey AMERICA, you know you’ll be welcomed!

Comment

Working...
                              X