No announcement yet.

2022 Olympic Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think the US needs to spend any time worrying about their freaking taxi squad. They have enough to worry about in trying to beat the defensive zone coverage and hot goaltending of a team like the Czech Republic last night. Much respect to those players for playing their hearts out against us!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      I don't think the US needs to spend any time worrying about their freaking taxi squad. They have enough to worry about in trying to beat the defensive zone coverage and hot goaltending of a team like the Czech Republic last night. Much respect to those players for playing their hearts out against us!!
      I mean this sincerely, one of my favorite things about your posts on the various threads is how you tend to cut straight to the core of the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

I mean this sincerely, one of my favorite things about your posts on the various threads is how you tend to cut straight to the core of the matter.
        Thank you Scott. I get that from my dad. He always told me things straight up without any sugar coating. I believe it made me a better player and one that never got sucked into team drama like so many others whose parents told them that coach should be putting them on the first line or PP or whatever when clearly they should not have been based on their talent level. Know what I mean? One of the things he always said was the players at the bottom of the depth chart on any team aren't going to be the difference makers. I think that applies here. The taxi squad players are not going to win any games for us or Canada! End of discussion.

Comment

Thank you Scott. I get that from my dad. He always told me things straight up without any sugar coating. I believe it made me a better player and one that never got sucked into team drama like so many others whose parents told them that coach should be putting them on the first line or PP or whatever when clearly they should not have been based on their talent level. Know what I mean? One of the things he always said was the players at the bottom of the depth chart on any team aren't going to be the difference makers. I think that applies here. The taxi squad players are not going to win any games for us or Canada! End of discussion.
          Unless, of course, 2 or 3 current team members test positive. Stop brushing off a terrible decision by USA Hockey. (How’s that for straight up?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post

Unless, of course, 2 or 3 current team members test positive. Stop brushing off a terrible decision by USA Hockey. (How’s that for straight up?)
            LMAO, it's the absolute definition of lame (uninspiring and dull), and generally just a weak attempt to compete, which puts you at the bottom of this depth chart!! Thanks for proving my point!! Did you never play team sports?! Did you never have teammates missing because of injuries, illness, personal issues, and on and on?! You just deal with it as players and teammates and you don't waste time crying and whining about it or making excuses! I guarantee these elite hockey players aren't whining and crying and trying to blame people like you weak-*ss men here are doing! You make me sick! Grow a freaking pair! Shut up and move on!

Have a nice day. Lol
            Last edited by shelfit; 02-11-2022, 11:13 AM.

Comment

LMAO, it's the absolute definition of lame (uninspiring and dull), and generally just a weak attempt to compete, which puts you at the bottom of this depth chart!! Thanks for proving my point!! Did you never play team sports?! Did you never have teammates missing because of injuries, illness, personal issues, and on and on?! You just deal with it as players and teammates and you don't waste time crying and whining about it or making excuses! I guarantee these elite hockey players aren't whining and crying and trying to blame people like you weak-*ss men here are doing! You make me sick! Grow a freaking pair! Shut up and move on!

Have a nice day. Lol
              I won’t get sucked into comparing athletic experiences and accomplishments (you’d lose) but, of course, teams suck it up and play with the players they have. The point you are missing is that we were talking about USA Hockey’s management of the team. This is similar to an NFL team going all in on an All-Star quarterback but neglecting to have any kind of a quality back up QB. The players will play the game with whomever is throwing the ball, but that doesn’t excuse team management for not putting together a roster that includes a solid contingency plan. No one is whining. People are just holding USA Hockey accountable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

AJ sucks too, just in a different way. Surely somewhere out there there is a female Tony Romo or John Madden waiting to be found. If they can't, then just hire a qualified man to do it, like in the good old days where you hired the best available person based only on talent.
                those good old days where most qualified person gets the job never existed. Just last week Martin St Louis went from coaching peewee hockey to coaching the Montreal Canadiens.

Sami Jo Small and Liz Knox are two women who should have media careers in women’s hockey if we ever get to a point where someone can earn a living that way.

Comment

• Angela Ruggiero has her own struggles. At the end of the ROC vs Switzerland quarterfinal, she commented on Alina Mueller taking the chance of shooting at the empty net and risking an icing in the final seconds. The Swiss were on the PK. Some expert.

Across so many of these sports, the announcers do their best to make the event unwatchable. Either over hyping American athletes and making it sound like a gold medal is all but assured when it would be a surprise to most if they medaled at all, to getting off track talking about their own exploits and memories. That makes me so impressed when listening to Kevin Martin announce curling. As I know little about the sport, I don't have the proper background to put his resume in context, but I gather than he could talk about his own exploits all day, yet he never does. He can take a sport that is decidedly short on action and make it compelling, telling a complete and accurate story to novices and experts alike.

I wish they could find someone half as good to do hockey.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

those good old days where most qualified person gets the job never existed. Just last week Martin St Louis went from coaching peewee hockey to coaching the Montreal Canadiens.
                    Although, wasn't he overqualified to be coaching peewees? I would think he could coach bantams at least.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Canada 10 Switzerland 3 to move into the Gold Medal Game.

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/ne...n-vs-sui-recap
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Although, wasn't he overqualified to be coaching peewees? I would think he could coach bantams at least.
                        I believe his PeeWee team was actually better than the Montreal Canadiens so it's actually a step down in caliber of hockey for him.

Comment

• Based on the last couple games, it looks like the gold medal game is going to Rigsby-Cavallini vs Desbiens in goal.

Teammates on the 2013-2014 Wisconsin team. The expectation for that year was senior Rigsby would be away on the Olympic team and freshman Desbiens would be the starter. But Rigsby was left off the Olympics team, so she played most of the year. In January (?) Rigs was injured and Desbiens played for a month or so, and did really well.

(Even with that much goalie-tending talent, UW finished second to the all-but-unbeatable Noora Raty Gopher teams.)

Comment

• USA 4 Finland 1 sets up the USA-Canada rematch. Too bad it is at 11:15PM Eastern Time. Gonna have to set up the DVR for this one.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                              USA 4 Finland 1 sets up the USA-Canada rematch. Too bad it is at 11:15PM Eastern Time. Gonna have to set up the DVR for this one.
                              I'm staying up. To heck with work the next day. :-) (Though, to be fair, it does help I work from home.)
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I believe his PeeWee team was actually better than the Montreal Canadiens so it's actually a step down in caliber of hockey for him.
                                Ouch! What a burn!

Comment

Working...
                                X