Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lurky McLurkface View Post

Last season's numbers:

Penn State had an .850 win percentage. Ohio State had a .667 win percentage.
    Penn State was 16-2-2. Ohio State was 11-5-0.
    Penn State had 70 goals for, 29 goals against. Ohio State had 42 goals for, 32 goals against.

I'm no math whiz, but it looks to me like Penn State stacks up pretty well against the Buckeyes.
    I'm going to counter Penn State doesn't have the likes of Duluth, Minnesota and Wisconsin in their conference to go up against. If you add a strength of schedule factor in there I think Penn State's percentage would drop considerably. Now I'm not disssing Penn State and we all know anyone can win on a given day but I think the odds are still in Ohio State's favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I'm going to counter Penn State doesn't have the likes of Duluth, Minnesota and Wisconsin in their conference to go up against. If you add a strength of schedule factor in there I think Penn State's percentage would drop considerably. Now I'm not disssing Penn State and we all know anyone can win on a given day but I think the odds are still in Ohio State's favor.
      We would have had a chance to test that last season, if not for the bizarre selections made by the NCAA. Much as Minnesota was shafted, I think Penn State had their season end too early. But we have spent a lot of ink on this subject in another thread. Sorry to bring it up. Last season is best forgotten. (Sigh).

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
        Last season is best forgotten. (Sigh).
        You sound like a Gopher fan! (Big Wink!)

Comment

You sound like a Gopher fan! (Big Wink!)
          I'd take that as compliment!

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            I'd take that as compliment!
            You might as well, it wasn't a put down. Just the obvious that neither Minnesota or Penn State were any too happy on not making the tournament.

Comment

Just the obvious that neither Minnesota or Penn State were any too happy on not making the tournament.
              For Penn State, it was kind of the best of times and the worst of times, as up until the final two games, life was good in Happy Valley. For Minnesota, it is harder to find a positive.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

RPI

https://***********/RPIAthletics/sta...408771/photo/1
                https://rpiathletics.com/news/2021/5/17/womens-ice-hockey-womens-hockey-announces-2021-22-schedule.aspx

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Clarkson Schedule is up on clarksonathletics.com

Home non-conference:
                  Sacred Heart x2
                  Boston Pride (NWHL) x1
                  Syracuse x1
                  St. Lawrence x1
                  ---------------------------------
                  Away non-conference:
                  Syracuse x1
                  St. Lawrence x1
                  Bemidji State x2
                  Lindenwood x2
                  Maine x2

Gonna be very interesting to see how this years squad can score without Giguere.
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

What is the over/under on the Ivy having a season this year? Covid variants running rampant, vaxs don't prevent infection (even if it seems to prevent serious disease), Olympics is a dumpster fire with no fans and high positive rates in atheletes, LA going back to mask mandates. Will the Ivy show 'leadership' once again and be the first to cancel the upcoming season???

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                      What is the over/under on the Ivy having a season this year? Covid variants running rampant, vaxs don't prevent infection (even if it seems to prevent serious disease), Olympics is a dumpster fire with no fans and high positive rates in atheletes, LA going back to mask mandates. Will the Ivy show 'leadership' once again and be the first to cancel the upcoming season???
                      The world can't be shut down again. It's a personal choice on vaccination, and if you choose the more risky path, those who chose the safer path should not be punished. It will depend completely on how the media portrays the variants and the impact. I could say a lot more, but we'll put it in park right here.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

The world can't be shut down again. It's a personal choice on vaccination, and if you choose the more risky path, those who chose the safer path should not be punished. It will depend completely on how the media portrays the variants and the impact. I could say a lot more, but we'll put it in park right here.
                        You can blame the media for the shutdowns all you want. The fact remains that if half of this country took scientists as seriously as they took pillow salesmen the virus would have been contained by now, and going back to restrictions wouldn't be necessary.

I like what France is doing with their new requirements for access to most places that they announced on July 12th. The clowns are protesting but they are also getting record numbers of vaccination appointments.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

You can blame the media for the shutdowns all you want. The fact remains that if half of this country took scientists as seriously as they took pillow salesmen the virus would have been contained by now, and going back to restrictions wouldn't be necessary.

I like what France is doing with their new requirements for access to most places that they announced on July 12th. The clowns are protesting but they are also getting record numbers of vaccination appointments.
                          I would not limit access to anything, but if you got any variant of covid and were not vaccinated, then your insurance should not cover any covid related expenses, unless a Dr filled out some official form that said you should not get the vaccine. I think that would help the cause.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                          X