D1 Coaching Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

"She will report to Shannon Miller, vice president of branding and community relations." Can't be the same Shannon Miller. No way.
    It is

https://coachellavalleyweekly.com/sh...for-firebirds/

Comment

"She will report to Shannon Miller, vice president of branding and community relations." Can't be the same Shannon Miller. No way.
      What -- you don't think Shannon can relate to the community? I've definitely seen her attempt to brand an official or two.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Ok, so that's where Zoe Hickel has gone. What about Emily West?

Comment

• Showing my age, I hear Coachella Valley, I think Bugs Bunny, and not music festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            Showing my age, I hear Coachella Valley, I think Bugs Bunny, and not music festival.
            I knew I should have made that left turn at Albuquerque....
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• How much money does this Acrisure Arena have to pay all these people? (and where to they get it???) Check the job openings there...I definitely want to apply for the job of "Director of People and Culture". I know a lot about culture. I think a big Bavarian pretzel will sell big in SoCal on lederhosen day at the rink.

https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Rec...2-6356901b2a07

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Showing my age, I hear Coachella Valley, I think Bugs Bunny, and not music festival.
                Learning so much here. I never knew what Coachella was but always heard about it. Thanks to Miller now I know. Although the exits haven’t been good, she is definitely a builder and will hopefully succeed at growing street hockey in Palm Springs.

coaching trees evident in the most recent NCAA Championship:
                Frost -> worked with Muzerall, coached West. Frost was mentored by Halldorson who coached Muzerall.
                Stone -> worked with Crowell, coached Bellamy
                Miller -> worked with Shuler, coached Hickel

In Canada, the National Championship was won by Concordia, coached by Chu and Ouellette, who won a 2010 natty as coaches with Miller. Ouellette of course played for Miller and Chu played for Stone.

Interesting to see the legacies and impacts.

Comment

How much money does this Acrisure Arena have to pay all these people? (and where to they get it???) Check the job openings there...I definitely want to apply for the job of "Director of People and Culture". I know a lot about culture. I think a big Bavarian pretzel will sell big in SoCal on lederhosen day at the rink.

https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Rec...2-6356901b2a07
                  Not me, I'm going straight for "mascot." https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Rec...Details/968261
                  As for the money, I think most must be coming from the NHL because the arena will host a Kraken affiliate. But I'm just guessing based on the description in the job announcements.

Comment

• The money is from the arena's operator Oak View Group an arena development company that is pivoting to full-service live events as well. The company is run by former Maple Leafs CEO Tim Leiweke and music industry power turned MSG CEO Irving Azoff. They redeveloped the Kraken's arena and co-own the new Islanders arena in a triumvirate with the Islanders team and Sterling Equities (the Wilpons who used to own the NY Mets). They are redeveloping an arena in Hamilton, ON. They are building a new basketball arena in Austin for UT and have operations contracts for not only Acrisure but also Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport. They also formed this alliance of venues that includes most of the NHL arenas that helps members package their services to touring artists and entities.

OVG does not need NHL money to hire Shannon Miller and co they have plenty of their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                      OVG does not need NHL money to hire Shannon Miller.....
                      But they will need it to fire her!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                        The money is from the arena's operator Oak View Group an arena development company that is pivoting to full-service live events as well. The company is run by former Maple Leafs CEO Tim Leiweke and music industry power turned MSG CEO Irving Azoff. They redeveloped the Kraken's arena and co-own the new Islanders arena in a triumvirate with the Islanders team and Sterling Equities (the Wilpons who used to own the NY Mets). They are redeveloping an arena in Hamilton, ON. They are building a new basketball arena in Austin for UT and have operations contracts for not only Acrisure but also Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport. They also formed this alliance of venues that includes most of the NHL arenas that helps members package their services to touring artists and entities.

OVG does not need NHL money to hire Shannon Miller and co they have plenty of their own.
                        Oh! Silly me, I just assumed Miller was fronting all the money from her winnings from the lawsuit. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post

Oh! Silly me, I just assumed Miller was fronting all the money from her winnings from the lawsuit. Lol
                          That would be a magnanimous use of her resources. :>)

Comment

• "Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            I skipped to the end and worked backwards a ways, so maybe there are other "wait...what?" items in there, but....

- I count ELEVEN from LIU. What's going on at LIU?!? Have they been too successful for their own good, and their players think they can move up-and-out of the NEWHA and off to one of the other conferences?

- Braendli ???"
                            ----‐‐--------------------------------------------------------

Morgan is out at LIU. Best guess is the "power of the people" pushed him out.
                            Last edited by shelfit; 04-19-2022, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Quick interweb search....no action from St. Cloud yet? Not even a list of applicants?

Comment

Quick interweb search....no action from St. Cloud yet? Not even a list of applicants?
                                • Molly Engstrom – Monday, May 9 – 1:30 PM
                                • Brian Idalski – Wednesday, May 11 – 9:15 AM
                                • Erik Strand – Wednesday, May 11 – 2:30 PM
                                interview dates and times

Comment

Working...
                                X