D1 Coaching Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Maybe Frosty can lure Muzzy back and that fixes 2 problems at once.
    You sure are fixated Timothy on getting Muzzy out of OSU, I can sense the fear she instills in you. (Big Grin) She's pretty committed to staying and bringing home a national title before she considers other options as she's invested so much of herself into this being her program and to reach the goal she's set!

Comment

Yes, indeed. Timothy A's fear of Coach Muzz is palpable. Simply palpable. (winking emoticon)

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        You sure are fixated Timothy on getting Muzzy out of OSU, I can sense the fear she instills in you. (Big Grin) She's pretty committed to staying and bringing home a national title before she considers other options as she's invested so much of herself into this being her program and to reach the goal she's set!
        I'd much rather have UW beat OSU like a rug than have to sweat out all these close games. Getting here out of town is the key. Of course beating OSU like a rug WITH Muzzy there would be freaking fantastic, but not likely to happen. UW is more likely to beat UM like a rug than OSU these days. (Humongous Grin) And of course that is great, though I seem to have a soft spot for Frosty, I like his demeanor on the bench, kinda from the MJ school.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'd much rather have UW beat OSU like a rug than have to sweat out all these close games. Getting here out of town is the key. Of course beating OSU like a rug WITH Muzzy there would be freaking fantastic, but not likely to happen. UW is more likely to beat UM like a rug than OSU these days. (Humongous Grin) And of course that is great, though I seem to have a soft spot for Frosty, I like his demeanor on the bench, kinda from the MJ school.
          Well you never know who will get beat like a rug and when. I wouldn't have believed Ohio State's last game against UMD if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!
          I have a great anticipation for the upcoming season and have a gut feeling it could be one of the WCHA's most intense ever!

Comment

Quinnipiac is bringing in Brent Hill as an assistant. Hill was the head coach at Selects Academy at Bishop Kearney where he had put together successful seasons and developed multiple D1 recruits.

Comment

https://www.twincities.com/2021/06/1...mpression=true

Article with quotes from J Johnson on new Tommies job

Comment

Jen Kindret, former assistant at RMU, and former DIII head coach, hired at Saint Anselm as head coach. USCHO has an article about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                  Jen Kindret, former assistant at RMU, and former DIII head coach, hired at Saint Anselm as head coach. USCHO has an article about it.
                  Good for her to build a decent D1 coaching resume despite her association with some bad DIII programs to start her coaching career...

Comment

Hearing that Frost will have 2 assistants to replace now...

Comment

Has JJ named his staff yet?
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Has JJ named his staff yet?
                        Not yet, the two DIII assistants and goalie coach are still listed.

Comment

Mollie Fitzpatrick (Norwich '12) leaves her post of Assistant Coach of her alma mater after six seasons to take a position as an assistant coach on the Boston University staff. Prior to her stint at Norwich she was an assistant at Endicott and University of New England. Fitzpatrick is credited for recruiting Norwich's career-leading forward Amanda Conway to Northfield and was on the staff for their 2018 championship. I would also point out that Norwich was heavily favored in 2020 before the championship was canceled given the season they were having and their roster of skilled underclassmen supporting the veterans Conway and McGovern.

Fitzpatrick was passed over for the head coaching role at Norwich in 2019 when Mark Bolding left for Yale. Norwich instead hired her former teammate Sophie Leclerc who had spent the previous four seasons as an assistant at Colgate. It's hard to quibble with that decision though given what Leclerc meant to the Cadets as a player and the success Colgate had with her as an assistant.

BU has now replaced both Liz Keady Norton and Tara Watchorn, their assistants who have left to take head coaching jobs (Dartmouth and Stonehill). As previously announced Kerstin Matthews, longtime St. Anselm HC, will be the new Associate Head Coach in addition to Fitzpatrick as Assistant.

Comment

Elizabeth Wulf (Middlebury '18) has left her assistant coaching position at DIII Wesleyan to take an assistant coaching position at UConn.

Wulf is the daughter of ESPN Senior Writer Steve Wulf.

Comment

https://tommiesports.com/news/2021/7...ssistants.aspx

Tommies get their assistants. Makes sense. Who will be the Tommies inaugural D1 fan and make them a thread? Or is that in a future year perhaps. Do they play in an off campus rink, think I read that. Any Gopher fans switch affiliations, or do you just watch more games now?

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                                Do they play in an off campus rink, think I read that.
                                There is a St. Thomas prep school, and the rink that they share is on that campus. It is very close to where I live, so plague-willing, I should find my way to a few of their games. Unless the caliber of play is painful to watch. It shouldn't be as bad as the first year of Lindenwood, when they were just powerless to stop someone from setting up in front of their net and doing what they wanted.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X