D1 Coaching Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Saint Anselm is advertising for a new head coach.
    https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/rss...medium=twitter
    I wonder if Kerstin Matthews is replacing Liz Keady Norton at BU. Matthews started her coaching career as a BU assistant prior to her 13-season stint as the St. Anselm HC.

Comment

https://tommiesports.com/news/2021/6...key-coach.aspx

Comment

Great hire for St. Thomas...

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Let’s see how many Gopher commits he lures with promises of playing time & scholarship money...two things that will be hard to come by at Minneosta the next couple years

Comment

I'm happy for Joel; it should be a great fit for him.

The choice of his replacement on Minnesota's staff will be key for the future of the UM program.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Wow, did not see that coming. I'm a little relieved that Krum or Koch didn't get it. I wonder who applied for the job.

Maybe Frosty can lure Muzzy back and that fixes 2 problems at once.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Congrats to Joel Johnson. Do you guys have any idea who will coach 2022 Olympic team? Do you think this hurts / helps / no impact for J Johnson?

Comment

Lindsey, I'm in the camp that it helps Joel. He has been coaching at the National level for years and many of those players became Gophers. If he can steer them across the Mississippi River 5 minute east of Gopherville, there seems to an abundant of talent in this area. Sprinkle on a player or 5 from outstate and they can compete pretty quickly, I bet. Better if he coaches the Olympic team as this is many of the players goals and would be a feather in his cap if they win Gold. I believe they have an interim coach there now who would do a good job and might even stay on. This is just my guess. Regardless, congrats to Joel and his family and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    I'm happy for Joel; it should be a great fit for him.

The choice of his replacement on Minnesota's staff will be key for the future of the UM program.
                    Don't know if there is interest on her part but would like to see Sami Reber get consideration. Same with Darwitz. Seems like a good opportunity for a female coach as there are some very qualified candidates available in town.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post

Let’s see how many Gopher commits he lures with promises of playing time & scholarship money...two things that will be hard to come by at Minneosta the next couple years
                      I would rather he lure some Badger commits ;-)

Comment

...Same with Darwitz. Seems like a good opportunity for a female coach as there are some very qualified candidates available in town.
                        Darwitz specifically cited not having to travel overnight very often for both games and recruiting (along with being able to hire who she wanted as assistants) as the reason she chose to make the jump to college coaching at Hamline, which had 7 straight sub-.500 seasons prior to her arrival. She took them to third and second-place finishes in her third and fourth seasons.

Choosing her own staff would likely be out as she would be an Associate HC. Isn't there more overnight travel associated with UM for both games and recruiting? If so, have her priorities changed since her hiring at Hamline? Would the increase in pay overcome those concerns? Does the pull of the alma mater and the prestige of coaching top-level outweigh the perks of her current gig? Only she can answer that.

I've seen Minnesotans on the DIII threads of this board show some disdain for how she's done things at Hamline. Would she engender those same feelings if she became part of the UM machine? To be honest, I was a bit rankled when her number one talking point after losing the 2019 championship was to complain about her girls being tired and lobbying for a day off rather than giving credit where it was due...

Comment

Don't know if there is interest on her part but would like to see Sami Reber get consideration. Same with Darwitz. Seems like a good opportunity for a female coach as there are some very qualified candidates available in town.
                          Also wonder what impact Johnson's departure will have on Assistant Coach Bethany Brausen?
                          https://gophersports.com/sports/wome...y-brausen/2306

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                            I would rather he lure some Badger commits ;-)
                            Slim pickings on rodentsota gals on the UW roster. The ground is way more fertile west of Mississippi. A lot more poop in the ground.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Slim pickings on rodentsota gals on the UW roster. The ground is way more fertile west of Mississippi. A lot more poop in the ground.
                              Spoken like a true dung beetle. I guess badgers are known for their sense of smell.

Comment

https://goterriers.com/news/2021/6/1...ead-coach.aspx

Scott you were right. Kerstin Matthews left head coach position at St Anselm to be associate head coach at BU. Interesting move.

Comment

Working...
                                X