D1 Coaching Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    In your case, it's more about what is causing the lapses...
    Just high on life right now with a 3 year reign as Champs! oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Just high on thinner...oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
      This seems more accurate...

Gopher Women's Hockey...We're 5th best now and maybe, if we're lucky, we can continue to slide further down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
        Agreed re Frosty, unless he left for another role. As to the compensation comment, It was reported Crowell’s salary on her new contract was around 190k plus annual increases. That’s for a coach who hasn’t won a national championship. Perhaps that resets the market a bit and creates pressure on Minnesota to pay someone like Darwitz her worth (definitely in excess of 70k!). curious to see at what point one of the assistants is named associate head coach.

At the same time I think certain Minnesota coaches in other sports took pay cuts recently? So maybe no room for women’s hockey raises? But if UMD is somehow doing it....
        $190K?!?! Wow,I should have gotten into coaching after graduation. Joking aside, so are you saying that Darwitz was in fact making $70K+ at Hamline? If that's true then that would probably be another reason the rest of the MIAC coaches hated her. Lmao. Any idea how much Mike Carroll makes? Seems like he's the other coach everyone loves to hate.
        Last edited by shelfit; 08-05-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post

$190K?!?! Wow,I should have gotten into coaching after graduation. Joking aside, so are you saying that Darwitz was in fact making $70K+ at Hamline? If that's true then that would probably be another reason the rest of the MIAC coaches hated her. Lmao. Any idea how much Mike Carroll makes? Seems like he's the other coach everyone loves to hate.
          For private schools it's much harder to nail down salary info than state schools, especially at the DIII level. From SeeThroughNY where NY public employee salary numbers are posted, the Plattsburgh's coach is significantly north of $70k at this point in his career, but he has seven nattys and has been on NY state payroll since 1989 when he started as the assistant on the men's team so the seniority also bolsters that. The stereotype is that private schools tend to spend more on athletics than state so I wouldn't be shocked if someone like Mike Carroll who has coached baseball and women's hockey in 24 years at GAC surpasses him.

Most DIII coaches who are at the top end of the salary spectrum have longevity as well as merit. There aren't many with over 20 years left. Mandigo has 33 years at Middlebury (includes years preceding women's hockey), Houle has 31 years combined service at Plattsburgh. Joe Cranston has 21 years at River Falls (and his bio doesn't indicate if he did anything there prior to the program's inception, but he is an alumn so it wouldn't shock me). Kristin Steele (Conn College) and Dave Clausen (Utica) are both going into season 20 respectively. Those would be my guess for the highest DIII women's hockey coaching salaries based on years served. Norwich and Elmira might be paying comparable salaries to top DIII salaries because that's where the programs perform but that's just a hypothesis.

But none of it is bigger than what they can get at DI. Using the SUNY system as an example. The DI HCs for the big sports all outearn the highest paid DIII coaches by multiples and there are assistant coaches who out earn the DIII HCs as well
          Scott Henkle
          SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post

no idea about the salaries anywhere unless it’s reported.

Darwitz’s bio is remarkable in pretty much every way. I didn’t realize she took the Hamline job right before her first child was born. Really impressive by both school and her to make that work, and she got results and is off to a new challenge years later. Cool to have her back in the WCHA.

Comment

Working...
            X