Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

Brenneman has yet to sign
    Four more signings for the Whitecaps: defensemen Maddie Rowe and Sara Bustad, and forwards Stephanie Anderson and Haley Mack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

Four more signings for the Whitecaps: defensemen Maddie Rowe and Sara Bustad, and forwards Stephanie Anderson and Haley Mack.
      Finally the Whitecap's roster is updated, with 15 players pictured, including Brooke White-Lancette, the latest to sign.

Comment

• Haylea Schmid has re-signed with the Whitecaps. I am not sure why it is taking so long to assemble a full team, but they have the pieces to take the Cup. First series is Nov. 6 and 7 at Boston.

Comment

• Leveille signed on as goalie with the Whitecaps. Roster now lists 6 defensemen, 15 forwards, and Leveille in goal.
          Road opener was a 4 to 6 loss to Boston.

Comment

• Whitecaps give up a shorthanded goal, which was the only goal scored in the game. Swept by Boston to start the season. I guess maybe signing people sooner to gel as a team would have been a good idea. But who knows how that works out?

Comment

• https://www.theicegarden.com/2021/11...the-phf-week-2

Nice column on the ice garden about the PHF week 2. Reminds me a bit of 32 Thoughts column, will definitely try to read this each week. Interesting comment in here about one of the teams not releasing info about rostered or missing players and then being “sassy” about it when the media asked about it. Women’s hockey definitely gives off weird vibes at times. Do they want fans and media coverage? It’s a mystery.

I watched a bit of the Six play vs Buffalo in week 1. Michelle Cava, a new name to me, was a lot of fun to watch. Coming from a European league, definitely stood out. The Six beat Buffalo 4-3 with the winning goal in the final minute. They have their first ever home opener this weekend in the 20th. Considering Toronto is a hockey Mecca, very curious to see how they are supported at home, especially in the wake of the death of the CW, longtime ignoring of the Toronto teams in that league, and outcry that happened since then for women’s hockey.

Comment

• The Victory Press reports that during a game between the Beauts and the Riveters a player got a 10 minute major for

"use of profane or abusive language." Anyone see that game to fill in the details?

Comment

The Victory Press reports that during a game between the Beauts and the Riveters a player got a 10 minute major for

"use of profane or abusive language." Anyone see that game to fill in the details?
                  Quoting from Victory Press...

"while Cassidy MacPherson received a ten-minute misconduct for "use of profane or abusive language.""

She probably used some colorful metaphors to describe the opposing team's uniforms.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Toronto Six and Minnesota Whitecaps face off tomorrow (Saturday the 18th) at 7:00 pm CT. Game will be streamed on ESPN+.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Toronto Six and Minnesota Whitecaps face off tomorrow (Saturday the 18th) at 7:00 pm CT. Game will be streamed on ESPN+.
                      So the Whitecaps lose 2 more. Looks like the late start in assembling a team has not paid off.

Comment

So the Whitecaps lose 2 more. Looks like the late start in assembling a team has not paid off.
                        https://www.theicegarden.com/2021/12...aps-power-play

You might appreciate the above article. I guess Leveille is playing great in net, but they lost their two best puck moving D, can’t score , and get out shot. Didn’t see it coming.

Been enjoying the PHF this year. they announced they will have playing cards next year with Upper Deck, yesterday. My first thought was 1) oh good they plan on being around next year. followed by 2) this is so cool. PHF continues to make strides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

https://www.theicegarden.com/2021/12...aps-power-play

You might appreciate the above article. I guess Leveille is playing great in net, but they lost their two best puck moving D, can’t score , and get out shot. Didn’t see it coming.

Been enjoying the PHF this year. they announced they will have playing cards next year with Upper Deck, yesterday. My first thought was 1) oh good they plan on being around next year. followed by 2) this is so cool. PHF continues to make strides.
                          Thanks, that was a good read. I still wonder why the Whitecap roster came together so late. Hopefully they learn a lesson from their start to this season.

Comment

• https://www.premierhockeyfederation....t-with-warrior

PHF signed a 2 year deal with Warrior to provide gear for the league, a really positive development.

Unfortunately Covid keeps taking down games, hope the PHF has the ability to run their season as late as need be to get the games in.

PHF also got a new players association exec director in Alex Sinatra.
                            https://www.premierhockeyfederation....r-player-assoc

Comment

• https://www.premierhockeyfederation....25m-investment

health insurance, $750k salary cap, and 2 new teams next year. Fantastic and huge credit to the PHF investors.

All these pieces are very exciting. Imagine if the PW folks somehow brought their resources to the table too.

This is great news that women’s hockey badly needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                                https://www.premierhockeyfederation....25m-investment

health insurance, $750k salary cap, and 2 new teams next year. Fantastic and huge credit to the PHF investors.

All these pieces are very exciting. Imagine if the PW folks somehow brought their resources to the table too.

This is great news that women’s hockey badly needed.
                                Great news! Where did you see about 2 new teams? I'm only seeing Montreal mentioned in the article you linked?

Comment

Working...
                                X