X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
    Coach was tinkering with the lines all weekend. I think that will continue through the first couple of weeks.
    That was completely understandable, with new players to add into the mix. I like seeing Rachel Weiss on the top line - she's a hustler, and I think if Kampersal keeps her there and lets some chemistry build with Heising and Zanon, that could be a troublesome line for opponents to handle.

The other big takeaway from this weekend was the lack of chemistry especially with 19 returning players I was surprised about that. I didn't see the hustle that was there last year.
    Nothing looked the same, for sure. For me, it was the lack of aggressive play that stood out. Last year they played like they were offended that any other team wanted to touch the puck - in this series, it was like they were playing a scrimmage.

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    I'm glad to hear Kampersal was not married to his lines and changing things. This is a big roster, I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Heising to the rescue once again.
    I'm sure he'll keep switching players around next weekend against BC, and I like that, too. There's a lot of talent to spread around...everyone knows Heising and Zanon, but there's a lot more to Penn State than just those two.

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Are Heising and Zanon on same line? Did they play together last year? Not sure if both centers. I remember 2 years ago watching Heising try to do it all alone.
    Yes, they're both on the top line, like last season. Zanon is a center and Heising is left wing.

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
    Related to Penn State and maybe their future conference affiliation but assuming the CHA does not add a 6th member and goes away, do they end up with their B1G friends in WCHA? The CHA seems very weak this year (PSU not performing this weekend, Lindenwood and RIT throttled, Hurst too-close-for-comfort wins over RPI, Syracuse up next on the Colgate sacrificial block?) and that has got to impact the program's prestige. How would this team really do in the WCHA?
    Up until now, I would've said Penn State couldn't keep up with WCHA teams, because they've never been a speedy team until this current group came along. What's different, though, is that the CHA teams have mostly played a chippy physical style of hockey (sometimes with speed, if available), whereas the WCHA plays a lot faster game. If the CHA folded and some teams were absorbed into the WCHA, the former CHA teams would have to alter their games, I think, or be left in the dust.

Leave a comment:

• Cornholio
    replied
    Sorry jumped ahead - Cuse does not have to meet the Colgate deities until a few weeks. SLU is next. Will be a good litmus test for the CHA.

Leave a comment:

• Cornholio
    replied
    Related to Penn State and maybe their future conference affiliation but assuming the CHA does not add a 6th member and goes away, do they end up with their B1G friends in WCHA? The CHA seems very weak this year (PSU not performing this weekend, Lindenwood and RIT throttled, Hurst too-close-for-comfort wins over RPI, Syracuse up next on the Colgate sacrificial block?) and that has got to impact the program's prestige. How would this team really do in the WCHA?

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    Are Heising and Zanon on same line? Did they play together last year? Not sure if both centers. I remember 2 years ago watching Heising try to do it all alone.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    The St Lawrence goalie must have been red hot. A shutout and 40 saves in the second game. You can't fault the PSU goalie in a 1-0 loss as the offense needs to score.
    Giving up two goals in the first 9 shots will normally kill you, but it was nice the team bailed out the PSU goalie. Limiting SLU to only 16 shots in regulation is something to build on. I'm glad to hear Kampresal was not married to his lines and changing things. This is a big roster, I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Heising to the rescue once again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X