Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    At the end of regulation, it's tied 1-1 and going to a 3-on-3 five minute overtime. Penn State owned the third period, and leads the shots on goal 36-24.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    After two, it's 1-0 BC up on Penn State. Penn State leads the shots on goal 26-20, and was all over BC in the second period. BC's gigantic goalie had some big saves, and Penn State rang the crossbar a few times. Penn State is finally coming out of their shell and playing like they did last season, with a lot more offensive chances and finally getting players to the net for rebound chances. The referees are letting the teams play, and there definitely could have been some whistles blown, but as long as they keep it fair it's good. Should be a great third period!

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    No score after one period against Boston College. Shots on goal are even at 12-12, BC had 3 penalties, and Penn State had 2.

Penn State looks like a different team than the one that showed up last weekend. In the biggest surprise, they have a powerplay now that cycles the puck and gets shots on net. BC has a very strong forecheck that's giving Penn State headaches trying to clear their zone, but it looks like Penn State started to get a handle on that. As it was last weekend, the Penn State defense is strong in defending and not very good at moving the puck. All in all, though, it's a much better showing from Penn State so far.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    The starting lineup for tonight's game:

https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...826950/photo/1

I like the looks of this lineup, at least for starters until we see how it works. I like seeing Olivia Wallin up on the top line with Heising and Zanon...that could be a handful.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Here are links for tonight's game vs BC at 7:00 (Eastern):

BTN+ Video: https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/playerpage/968293

Live Stats: http://pennstate.sidearmsports.com/s...hockey/summary

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    In a simulation, PSU would take OSU 3 out of ten times in my opinion. OSU is therefore a heavy favorite. But, on any given day, just like Colgate beat Wisconsin x number of years ago. It just takes a hot goalie.

SLU won 5 of their last 7 last year. PSU lost 2 of their last three last year. Perhaps with SLU pounding Clarkson, it sent a lot of the Clarkson girls packing for greener pastures.

It will be interesting to see how the BC series goes.
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post

Great test to see where they are. I don't think you can judge the lions based on last weekend. Lucy Morgan is probably one of the most underrated goalies in college hockey. She played lights out. The chemistry just seemed off lots of pucks in skates and very little puck luck. Game one 5 pipes. Wallin had Morgan beat on a deke and puck rolled off stick. Things should be sharper this weekend. The forwards will score just to much talent not to. That showed up Friday night. Will be a great tournament in a great venue. A veteran team against a young and upcoming program. Should be a lot of fun.
    Obviously by tournament time both teams will hitting their stride and I agree it should be a lot of fun! I hope neither team will be bit by the injury bug before or during their game so we'll get an honest assessment on how they match up. I assume someday we'll get enough teams for the B1G to have women's hockey in the conference and we'll be regular opponents then.

Leave a comment:

• zambonidriver
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I know it's way early yet but I was wondering the Penn State thoughts on you guys playing OSU in that tournament this season?
    Great test to see where they are. I don't think you can judge the lions based on last weekend. Lucy Morgan is probably one of the most underrated goalies in college hockey. She played lights out. The chemistry just seemed off lots of pucks in skates and very little puck luck. Game one 5 pipes. Wallin had Morgan beat on a deke and puck rolled off stick. Things should be sharper this weekend. The forwards will score just to much talent not to. That showed up Friday night. Will be a great tournament in a great venue. A veteran team against a young and upcoming program. Should be a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    Michaela Boyle also does not appear to be on the roster of BC after leaving RMU. She loved to play PSU.

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    I know it's way early yet but I was wondering the Penn State thoughts on you guys playing OSU in that tournament this season?

Leave a comment:

• zambonidriver
    replied
    Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post

I know Lexi Bedier didn't play in game two, nor did the Shirer sisters, and I don't remember seeing any of their numbers on the ice in game one, either. I hope it's not a Covid thing. I'm really anxious to see Bedier play.
    Bedier Played in game 1 was scratched game two for Lannto. She looked good a little deer in headlights but will be a good player

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    As far as the conference stuff, I would be interested in hearing on how the former OSU recruit did for PSU this weekend.
    I know Lexi Bedier didn't play in game two, nor did the Shirer sisters, and I don't remember seeing any of their numbers on the ice in game one, either. I hope it's not a Covid thing. I'm really anxious to see Bedier play.

Leave a comment:

• Reddington
    replied
    Another big goalie showdown this weekend as I see Levy is still on BC. Barnes is not on the roster. Going to see if the 7 pm Thurs and 7 pm Fri games treat PSU any better.
    Maybe the band could practice for football at one of the games.

As far as the conference stuff, I would be interested in hearing on how the former OSU recruit did for PSU this weekend.

RIT was pummeled by Colgate this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• CROSS BAR
    replied
    Originally posted by zambonidriver
    Talked to Jeff this summer right after Robert Morris folded the tent. He said the next two years the CHA retains their auto bid if RMU doesn't come back hten they will either apply to the WCHA oro hockey east. On Oct 5 Augustana is announcing D1 Mens hockey will be interesting to see if they announce womens. Also the lawsuit at UND has legs so they may be bringing back womens hockey also.
    They can certainly apply, however, there is a very slim chance they would be accepted to either. At this point, it would only benefit PS.

Leave a comment:

• ZedLeppelin
    replied
    The team got some pretty nice-looking jewelry - it's not national champion jewelry, but still pretty nice stuff (I'd love to see how they did Anna Promersberger's name on her ring)!

https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...46794537168900

Leave a comment:

Working...
X