No announcement yet.

2021-22 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIT is up 2-1 on Lindenwood at the start of the third period.

Edit: make that 3-1 now.

Edit: RIT is up 4-1.

Edit: 5-2 RIT with 6:50 to go in the third.

Edit: 5-3...this third period is crazy.

Edit: 6-3 with 3:21 to go.

Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 02-24-2022, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• You can just imagine the sigh of relief by Syracuse fans, the exaltation of Celeste and the lamenting of Looney all at the same time after that result.

Comment

• RIT ends up beating Lindenwood 6-4 and moving on to face Syracuse tomorrow in the first CHA semifinal game. Lindenwood led the shots on goal 34-24, and RIT took 4 penalties to Lindenwood's 1. There were 7 goals in the third period...crazy stuff.

Comment

• Four goals on nine RIT shots in the 3rd period? Ouch.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Strange that Looney didn’t pull goalie with roughly 2.5 minutes left while on pp and the momentum somewhat in their favour with some comeback goals occurring.

Comment

• It's CHA tournament semifinals day, with Syracuse vs RIT at 12:00 (Eastern), and Penn State vs Mercyhurst at 4:00 (Eastern). The games are being streamed on Stretch Internet at $12 per game, or $25 for a full tournament pass which includes tomorrow's CHA championship game at 2:00 (Eastern):

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/cha/

RIT went on a scoring blitz in the third period of their CHA quarterfinal game against Lindenwood yesterday, something they haven't done all season, and Lindenwood started to answer back, but ran out of time. It was a crazy third period, and a highlight game of RIT's season, for sure, but it set them up to face a very rested Syracuse today at noon. I would love to see RIT beat Syracuse today, and Penn State beat Mercyhurst, setting up a faceoff between Celeste Brown and former boss Jeff Kampersal tomorrow for the CHA title. It's one and done...you never know.

Comment

• I don't think the set up game is there for RIT as Coe let in four goals. If she had won 1-0 2-1, then there would be the hope that she was in a zone and might steal one.

As far as PSU, Nystrom will surely get the start and she had a good year. PSU will have its work cut out for it. I will be interested to see if Sisti plays PSU straight up or has different lines doing different things.

Comment

• At the end of one, it's Syracuse up 1-0 on RIT in the first CHA semifinal game. Shots on goal are 18-2 for Syracuse, but RIT's Sarah Coe is having another good game in net and keeping RIT in it.

Comment

• After two periods, it's tied up 1-1 in Syracuse. Syracuse leads the shots on goal by 31-7, and they've taken four penalties to RIT's two. RIT's goalie (Sarah Coe) is really keeping this one tight, because Syracuse just looks so much faster than RIT, but RIT is staying in it.

Comment

• Unbelievable...this one is going to 3-on-3 OT tied 2-2. Syracuse leads the shots on goal by a whopping 45-10 and RIT still managed to end regulation in a tie.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                        Unbelievable...this one is going to 3-on-3 OT tied 2-2.
                        I can't imagine that any league would play 3-on-3 OT with a tournament bid on the line. I assume it will be 5-on-5.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          I can't imagine that any league would play 3-on-3 OT with a tournament bid on the line. I assume it will be 5-on-5.
                          That makes complete sense...I hope you're right - I'd rather see a 5-on-5 OT.

Comment

• Good news - it's 5-on-5 OT.

Comment

• Syracuse takes it 3-2 in OT to head into the CHA championship tomorrow. RIT's Sarah Coe made 52 stops today, and honestly had the winning goal going into her glove cleanly and it just flicked out and into the net. RIT has a good one in her, for sure. Great showing from RIT in this game and yesterday, too.

Comment

• Penn State and Mercyhurst face off in 45 minutes (4:00 Eastern), with video here: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/cha/

Comment

Working...
                                X