No announcement yet.

2021-22 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like PSU to focus on the team having some different looks on the front end to make the team less predictable. For example: Heising with Connolly and Carriochi (Carriochi and Connolly could be the forecheckers from hell and Heising could read and react which I think is her strong suit.), Zanon(put the playmaker with two sharpshooters) Gough and Wallin, putting Gough and Dobson in front of the net on the pp (if Desmet and or Nystrom are seeing everything (Block their view), Byrnes with Zanon and Heising. Rolling four lines to get everyone engaged and to keep everyone fresh.

One thing is for sure, there were not enough goals scored against Mercyhurst and Syracuse. Now is the time to experiment on the front end, he already has the lines he has been using in his back pocket. Adopt the we are going to put you in the blender theme and see if some stretch magic can happen.

Comment

• Penn State and LIU face off tomorrow and Saturday at Long Island in the last non-conference matchup of the season for Penn State. How to scout LIU? I have no idea, because I'm completely unfamiliar with the NEWHA teams. LIU is on top in NEWHA, but does that mean they're good, or good "for being a NEWHA team"? Again, I have no idea, and I'm not trying to dismiss them or disrespect them. Anyway, my quick look at their schedule and results showed the only big surprise being a win at Mercyhurst in January...how did that happen? And LIU did win the NEWHA championship in their first season a couple years ago, so there's talent there. I really hope Penn State stays on the gas for this series.

From what I've seen online, it looks like the video streams for NEWHA games are free, so that's cool.

Tomorrow's game is at 3:00 (Eastern), with video streaming here: http://necfrontrow.com/game/9146

Comment

• Here is today's lineup for the 3:00 (Eastern) game at LIU: https://***********/PennStateWHKY/st...045956/photo/1

And the free video stream: http://necfrontrow.com/game/9146

Comment

• After one at LIU, Penn State is up 3-0 on goals from Karley Garcia, Lyndie Lobdell, and Olivia Wallin. Penn State leads the shots on goal by 12-4, and there were no penalties in the period. There's not much to say so far - LIU has done nothing, and Penn State has just run this game from the start. Their first goal was on their first shot on goal, and it was downhill from there. As the announcers have pointed out many times now, whenever LIU does get into the Penn State zone they're ambushed and outnumbered on the puck, so they can't get anything going. If there's even a hint of a downside, Penn State almost looks like they're not sure what to do when they dictate play so easily. Now watch LIU come back and score 15 goals.

Comment

• Mercyhurst is up 6-0 on Syracuse halfway through the second... Didn't see that one coming...
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• After two at LIU, it's Penn State up 7-0 on goals from Julie Gough, Mya Vaslet, Anna Promersberger, and Olivia Wallin with her second of the game. Shots on goal are 38-6 for Penn State, and LIU took the only penalty. (Edit: Penn State pulled Josie Bothun and put Cam Leonard in net, since Bothun wasn't getting any work anyway).
              ------------------------------------------------------
              Mercyhurst destroying Syracuse 6-0 so far is music to a Penn State fan's ears!

Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 02-11-2022, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• And this one ends with Penn State winning 10-0 on third period goals from Rachel Weiss, Izzy Heminger, and Olivia Wallin to finish with a hat trick. Shots on goal were 55-6 for Penn State, and LIU took two penalties to one for Penn State. Nothing to say about this game...it was literally all Penn State from start to finish. They're back at it tomorrow at 2:00 (Eastern).

Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 02-11-2022, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• And Mercyhurst is up 8-0 on Syracuse with 8:00 to go in the third...wowza.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                    And Mercyhurst is up 8-0 on Syracuse with 8:00 to go in the third...wowza.
                    A day of parody…haha

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post

A day of parody…haha
                      Mercyhurst beat Syracuse 9-0 today, but lost to LIU a month ago...I'm ready to hear how that happens.

Comment

• One interesting note: in a game where goals were coming fast and furious, neither Natalie Heising nor Kiara Zanon scored a goal. In a 10-0 game, you would expect both of them to score, and at least one of them to score more than once.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                          Mercyhurst beat Syracuse 9-0 today, but lost to LIU a month ago...I'm ready to hear how that happens.
                          I guess that's what we'd call variance. I imagine that the Orange will win tomorrow, as that's usually how things go in the CHA.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• After yesterday's game with Mercyhurst crushing Syracuse, Mercyhurst pulled to within .008 of Syracuse in the CHA standings, and if they win again today they will take over first place and Syracuse will drop to third behind Penn State. Since Penn State can't move with this weekend at LIU being a non-conference series, they'll have to wait to see where they finish after next weekend's final regular season series vs RIT. Today, before any hockey is played, the standings look like this:

Syracuse - .700
                            Mercyhurst - .692
                            Penn State - .667

If Mercyhurst wins at Syracuse again, and I'm doing the math right, the standings will change to this:

Mercyhurst - .714
                            Penn State - .667
                            Syracuse - .656

Today's game with Penn State at LIU is at 2:00 (Eastern), with free video streaming here: http://necfrontrow.com/game/9316

Comment

• Great analysis. Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

• Here's today's lineup - game starts at 2:00 (Eastern): https://***********/PennStateWHKY/st...599936/photo/1

Free video stream: http://necfrontrow.com/game/9316

Comment

Working...
                                X