2021-22 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    That is a team win led by a special player, Natalie H. It was someone else's turn to get punked in OT without even touching the puck. Great play by Gangarosa and should have scored, and the shot was square off the post and goalie got caught flat footed and then Heising cleaned up the change on a sprawled Nystrom. The rivalry has been intense since Kampersal arrived at PSU
    When OT started and it was Gangarosa who ended up with the puck to get it going, and right away she started doing her "I think I'm a forward" moves with the puck, I thought for sure she was going to get her pocket picked and that would be the end of OT. You're right, she let a real good shot go that hit the post hard...I would've fell out of my seat if she had been the OT hero. I love Penn State playing Mercyhurst - you're always going to get pushed, you're going to get challenged, and it usually never ends up chippy like Lindenwood games get....it's just good hockey.

Here's video of the very short OT period: https://***********/PennStateWHKY/st...83818826018817

I like articles that have quotes from players and/or coaches, so here are two from the Daily Collegian:

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...01555acaf.html

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...74772f007.html

Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 01-29-2022, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• It was a nice goal in OT for sure, great effort by Gangarosa. But Heising’s contact with Boucher at the blue line was borderline interference in my opinion. If that contact is not made, there’s a chance Boucher follows Heising in and stops her from burying the rebound.
      Maybe the refs considered it a simple collision while other refs might have called it, hard to say. Anyways, definitely a nail-biter of a game.
      Last edited by slapshot willy; 01-29-2022, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Interesting take, but Vasko inexplicably peeled off Gangarosa and Mortlock was in some type of zone d and did an Adolffson traffic cone. Plenty of woulda coulda shouldas to go around.

KAmpersal used his fourth line yesterday which was smart. And I noticed that the first goal was Heising with Prommersberger and Wallin. I did not notice if they went out as a line or Heising stayed extra. I'll say it again - I think Heising can get hers with different players and I think Zanon can get Wallin going. There was still zero production with the Zanon Heising Wallin line and yeah it is a nice line, but PSU needs two.

At any rate, I was pleased to see Kampersal trying different things. Hopefully, Vaslet can build off of a good game yesterday.

Mercyhurst has a lot of young talent with Upson and Peterson.

Comment

• Hockey today at 2:00 (Eastern), streaming again on BTN+: https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/playerpage/1171282

And the first 50 students get a free chicken basket - man, that looks good! https://***********/PennStateWHKY/st...63045693513729

Comment

• Hopefully, the school pays for it instead of Kampersal did with the pizza after one game. That was a class act.

Comment

• Today's lineup: https://***********/PennStateWHKY/st...89468793868291

Comment

• After one period it's Penn State up 1-0 over Mercyhurst on a goal from Alyssa Machado. Mercyhurst took the only penalty of the period, and Penn State leads the shots on goal by 11-5. It's another quick game, but Penn State looks a little crisper than Mercyhurst, and a lot of time has been spent in the Mercyhurst zone. Passing is better from Penn State today, and things are a little more chippy today, too. Hopefully Penn State stays out of the box.

Comment

• After two, it's Penn State up 3-0 on Mercyhurst on goals from Mallory Uihlein and Amy Dobson. Uihlein got credit for the first goal, too, so she has two on the day. Both teams have three penalties, and Penn State leads the shots on goal by 22-13. Mercyhurst has replaced Silvonen in net and brought Nystrom out for the rest of the game. There was a period of 4-on-4 hockey and that's when Penn State just took over...they looked like they were up a player, and got the two goals. Mercyhurst just isn't clicking today, but they're working hard.

Comment

• Penn State gets the sweep over Mercyhurst by a final score of 3-1. Halfway through the Syracuse and Lindenwood game they're still scoreless, so things could get interesting in the CHA standings in about an hour.
                    -------------------------------
                    And as soon as I say that, Lindenwood goes up 1-0 at Syracuse.

Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 01-29-2022, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Dobson gets off the schneid. Heminger does not get any press this year, but she is as solid as ever. Bothun with a fantastic weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                        Dobson gets off the schneid. Heminger does not get any press this year, but she is as solid as ever. Bothun with a fantastic weekend.
                        It was great to see Dobson score, when she works as hard as anyone. I wish she would shoot more instead of looking to dish it off to someone else.

In Syracuse, they're tied 1-1 after two periods. If Syracuse wins, they and Penn State will head into their series next weekend tied for first in the CHA. If Syracuse loses today, Penn State is alone in first place.

Comment

• Here's a free video stream for the rest of the Syracuse game (Lindenwood is up 2-1): https://cuse.com/watch/?Live=5633&type=Live

(okay, now it's tied 2-2)

Comment

• Penn State a very fast, smart playing team. Fast is something a team or player has always had. Smart on the ice is what has been been developed over the season or past seasons. They are a good team.

Comment

• Syracuse won a wild one against Lindenwood by a score of 4-3, so now they and Penn State are tied for first place in the CHA heading into their matchup next weekend. Talk about a huge series coming up! After that, Penn State only has RIT left for conference percentage points (after a one-off with Cornell and a series with LIU). This weekend vs Mercyhurst was crucial for Penn State.

Comment

• Announcers had high praise on Gangarosa when 4 on 4 started as to her skill set. Uiehlien is looking like a different player than when she had to play with Adolffson. Clearly she is better with Gangarosa than she has been in the past. That should speak volumes. With that being said I have the top four as being interchangeable and Garcia and Mitchell are coming along. Lobdell and Heminger are really good too. Heck Lobdell had 5 blocks in this game and I'm sure that is a personal record for her. Heminger just closes out so fast it is ridiculous. I'd play her on the pk as a wing.

Poor Machado could of had two goals. Nice to see Heising with some blocks.

Upson was invisible this weekend.

I noticed Cornell blanked Clarkson 4-0. The next three games are huge.
                                Last edited by Reddington; 01-29-2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X