2021-22 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    Minnesota State cancelled their games against Syracuse. I wonder who had the outbreak?
    "Out of an abundance of caution, the Orange cannot travel due to COVID-19 within the program."

https://cuse.com/news/2022/1/6/women...cancelled.aspx

Comment

• I was just looking at the roster and noticed it's down to 22, and a quick look back at an older game lineup sheet showed why: the two Shirer sisters are now off the roster, for whatever reason. Neither one of them ever played, always listed as "not dressed", but they're gone now. They were commits for a couple years, not last-minute additions, so that all worked out kind of weirdly.

Comment

• Penn State heads to winless RIT for a weekend series tomorrow and Saturday. Both games are on the Stretch Internet livestream for $10 a pop, so I won't be watching, but the option is there if you want to watch the stream. Tomorrow's game is at 2:00 (Eastern), and Saturday's game is at 1:00 (Eastern): https://portal.stretchinternet.com/ritwhockey/

RIT is 0-20-1, with the tie coming in OT against Long Island University...yup. That tells you how dominating a series it better be for Penn State. I'm guessing they got put into stocks and flogged after Tuesday's embarrassment and lack of effort against Cornell, so maybe they've been "inspired" to play like they mean it this weekend. RIT did take Syracuse to OT on November 5, but then lost 7-0 the next day, so the OT was more an off game for Syracuse than it was a sign of good stuff for RIT.

There's really not much to be taken from this series, unless Penn State loses...maybe I shouldn't say that out loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
          There's really not much to be taken from this series, unless Penn State loses...maybe I shouldn't say that out loud.
          Or even THINK it! ; )
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• A couple of years ago the Miami Dolphins played the New England Patriots and the Patriots were not prepared for the Wildcat. Did that make Bellicheck a bad coach? No. Did Bellicheck throw everyone under the Bus even though the Patriots looked terrible that day. No. Hmmmmm.

The other day I watched a basketball game and one team was using a full court press and the other team had never practiced against or seen a full court press. The team that had never seen a full court press played a street basketball style and looked to be disjointed and in quicksand. Their point guard kept dribbling into traps. So that point guard got sat. The next point guard did the same thing. Finally, the third string point guard got his chance and then the game ended. I can't place my finger on an eerily similar scenario, but it was like deja-vu.

Flush it and move on almost sounds Bobby Knightish.

​​​​

Comment

• Game day at RIT, starting soon (2:00 Eastern) - here's the video link again, and each game is $9.99: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/ritwhockey/

Syracuse is currently in first place in the CHA, with Mercyhurst and Penn State tied for second, two points (one game) behind. Syracuse is off this weekend, and Mercyhurst plays Lindenwood at home, so this weekend will likely end with Mercyhurst and Penn State tied for first in the CHA. Syracuse gets RIT next weekend, though, so they'll be moving back up.

Comment

• Today's lineup: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJFAeSMX...g&name=900x900

Comment

• As expected (or hoped for), this game is all Penn State so far. After one it's 2-0, on goals from Natalie Heising and Kiara Zanon (a shorthanded breakaway). Penn State has taken the only penalty. Shots on goal are 13-9 for Penn State. More often than not, Penn State has so many players on the puck that they're getting in each other's way, but that's better than getting beat to the puck, right?

Comment

• After two, it's 4-0 Penn State on another goal from Natalie Heising and one from Mya Vaslet. Both teams have taken two penalties. Shots on goal are 24-13 for Penn State. RIT switched goalies for the second period.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                      RIT switched goalies for the second period.
                      When RIT played a series in Minnesota, the junior goalie who started today was much stronger, but they seem to want to play their freshman for some reason.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• And this one ends 5-0 on a third period goal from Anna Promersberger. Shots on goal were 31-19 for Penn State, and Penn State took three penalties to RIT's two. That's about all there is to say...RIT never really got anything going, and played mostly dump and chase with fingers crossed, but Penn State stole a lot of pucks, got a ton of offensive time, and had this one from the start.

Back at it tomorrow at 1:00 (Eastern).

Comment

• I'm pretty sure RIT only has two srs or 5th years. Glad for Coach Brown that Marchese came back for a Fifth year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                            I'm pretty sure RIT only has two srs or 5th years. Glad for Coach Brown that Marchese came back for a Fifth year.
                            RIT does have a few good players (I didn't take note of names), but they really stand out without a supporting cast around them. I really like Celeste Brown, and I hope she can turn that program around - it would be good for the CHA.

Comment

• Can't believe they took Syracuse to ot.But, that is typical Syracuse. I'm just have not been able to figure out how they are able to turn it on for PSU all the time. Syracuse is even choppier than PSU.

Comment

• Hockey starting shortly, at 1:00 (Eastern), with video here for $9.99: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/ritwhockey/

As expected, Mercyhurst and Penn State both won yesterday, so they sit in a three-way tie for first in the CHA with Syracuse going into today's games. After yesterday's game at RIT, Natalie Heising is now 19th in CHA history for career points, and 13th in CHA history for career goals (four goals away from 10th place)...not bad for a span that covers 20 seasons of hockey.

Here's today's lineup: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...960578/photo/1

Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 01-15-2022, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X