No announcement yet.

2021-22 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn State beats #6 UMD 3-2 on two goals from Natalie Heising and a goal from Lyndie Lobdell. The third was the same game as the first two periods, with more penalties added, but neither team was willing to let off the gas, and Penn State came away with the win...great game of hockey!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
      Penn State beats #6 UMD 3-2 on two goals from Natalie Heising and a goal from Lyndie Lobdell. The third was the same game as the first two periods, with more penalties added, but neither team was willing to let off the gas, and Penn State came away with the win...great game of hockey!
      In my book, that’s a huge win for Penn State. I would’ve never predicted that.

Comment

Penn State beats #6 UMD 3-2 on two goals from Natalie Heising and a goal from Lyndie Lobdell. The third was the same game as the first two periods, with more penalties added, but neither team was willing to let off the gas, and Penn State came away with the win...great game of hockey!
        Nice win!

Comment

• I had PSU beating UMD. I think that once you get past Wisc OSU Minn NU the teams are very fluid in their abilities to beat each other.

Comment

• Penn State faces #2 Ohio State today at 5:30 (Eastern), with video streaming here: https://sportlivestreams.net/2021/10...ollege-hockey/

I don't know the first thing about Ohio State, except that they're good enough to be ranked #2, so Penn State has its hands full on this one.

-- Is Ohio State a fast team, a physical team, or a little (or a lot) of both?
            -- Will the Penn State defense be able to keep the front of Josie Bothun's net clear so she has a chance at the puck?
            -- Can Penn State put up their usual number of shots on goal, unlike yesterday when UMD held them to 24?
            -- Will Penn State have a functioning powerplay unit?

I know it's just an exhibition game, but this and the UMD are both great tests for Penn State at about the midway point of the season.

Comment

Penn State faces #2 Ohio State today at 5:30 (Eastern), with video streaming here: https://sportlivestreams.net/2021/10...ollege-hockey/
              I know it's just an exhibition game, but this and the UMD are both great tests for Penn State at about the midway point of the season.
              More accurately it's a non-conference game, not an exhibition, right?

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                More accurately it's a non-conference game, not an exhibition, right?
                That sounds more accurate, for sure - I'd call the "tournament" an exhibition, since it's not in a true tournament format.

Comment

That sounds more accurate, for sure - I'd call the "tournament" an exhibition, since it's not in a true tournament format.
                  The big difference of course is these tournament games do very much count towards a team's Pairwise ranking and where a team gets seeded in the NCAA post season tournament. Exhibition games, like the upcoming Gophers' game against the Minnesota Whitecaps, do not.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• After one, it's Ohio State up 2-0 on Penn State. The first was a powerplay goal, and before they could announce that one Ohio State scored a second goal with a skater left all alone in front of the net. Shots on goal are 13-12 for Ohio State. Penn State has 12 shots on goal, but Ohio State has them on their heels, and is much better in the offensive zone than Penn State was in that period. Ohio State gets the puck into the offensive zone and Penn State gets beat to the puck or manhandled off of the puck. Josie Bothun is playing a good game in net, but she can't stop what she can't see when her own defense is screening her.

Penn State started the game looking great, with great breakout passing, but Ohio State is fast and strong on the puck. It's still early, so we'll see how this one goes.

Comment

• Penn State can play with anyone but the stupid penalties against good teams are awful, and they take way too many of them.

Comment

• After two, it's Ohio State up 4-1, and Santa is going to have to show up early if Penn State is going to make any noise in this one. Ohio State is up 32-19 in shots on goal. I have to keep looking at the clock to see if Ohio State is on a powerplay, because it seems like whenever they cross into the offensive zone Penn State goes into penalty kill mode...at even strength. Ohio State is ranked #2 for a reason, and they're just a little too fast and a little too strong for Penn State.

Comment

• This one ends 4-2 for Ohio State, and was never really in doubt. Still good to play a team of that caliber, as well as getting to face UMD yesterday, and learn from both games.

Comment

This one ends 4-2 for Ohio State, and was never really in doubt. Still good to play a team of that caliber, as well as getting to face UMD yesterday, and learn from both games.
                            4-2 is very respectable against the Buckeyes. I’d say Penn State earned some respect this weekend.

Comment

• I have nothing bad to say about Penn State in this game. You have some very talented players. Also a detriment to Penn State is how physical Ohio State plays but when we cross the line on how physical you've got to make the PP work for you.
                              I looked forward to this game all season and someday we'll have a women's B1G hockey conference and we'll get to know each other even better then.
                              Good luck to you on the rest of your season!

Comment

• I thought Penn State was good today and earned respect. The win yesterday over UMD should definitely help you in the PairWise Rankings. As an Ohio State fan, we're hoping to be making a trip to Hockey Valley next March. Actually, I will be a little disappointed if this team doesn't get to the Frozen Four. Good luck to your team the rest of the season!

Comment

Working...
                                X